main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lost and found, poetry inspiration challenge, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Apr 11, 2015.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    More is revealed in the short next chapter

Chapter 18

I became a surgeon and was delighted to see Ger following my footsteps and graduating as a surgeon too. And it was a republic pilot guiding his damaged X-wing to Lingala and crashing near Ingal city who revealed more about Ger’s ancestry. Ger was a Dunai elder and had parents living on Moniron.

Jeffrey Harmon was that pilot. He and his parents told Ger that he was the son of Soron and Wilya Adameh. He was switched at birth. Leo and Ana Skaagal didn’t want to take a baby with Force powers back to their home-world Bor-Rhimmol and brought Ger to the Jedi.
    Jeffrey had been a member of Azure squadron and was preparing to take his X-wing out of the Sullust system and to Endor when his astromech Iffy indicated massive systems failure. Jeffrey guided his x-wing to the only coordinates he knew grafted in his memory and that was how he crashed on Lingala. He didn’t partake in the fight against the second Death Star where the emperor was defeated.

We knew about the defeat.
    The Lingalan Jedi with the powers of the Dunai elder had felt the loss of thousands of lives and the receding of the dark. Anakin was there united in the Force with his beloved Padmé when we were watching the Sheir-Irel and told us that he was redeemed by loving his son. The core of light inside Anakin couldn’t be contained by the dark. He killed emperor Palpatine and saved his son and the rebels.

Jeffrey recovered although he remained paralysed down the waist and had to use a wheelchair. He got an apartment in the kindergarten and was cared for by us and his astromech Iffy.

Iffy was a funny astromech with his full memory intact and always tootling and beeping when I was caring for Jeffrey. Sometimes he had a sad whistle.
    Jeffrey explained that the sad whistle had to do with not flying in an X-wing anymore. The fighter was salvaged and stored in a shed near the kindergarten.
    Jeffrey became a medic and was in one of the medevacs when the events happened that had me going to Moniron.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I like Jeffrey and Iffy. ;) They're definitely part of pivotal events.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    they are as you can see in the next chapter

Chapter 19

Each year there was a celebration in the kindergarten.
    Mick and his pilots love to have fun and play pranks and what better day to do that on celebrating hospital squadron day or the day after. All members come to sleep in the kindergarten and the day after – or should I say early morning – usually begins with water.

It was the 28th celebration when Mick held his speech and referred to the still fighting rebellion against the imperial remnant all because politicians want to bask in the glory. But he had some positive thoughts too. Moniron, Varanko and Lingala were planets of peace and untainted by whatever politician needing a war. And Mick was longing to go to the planet of his ancestors. Same for me.

We decided to have another meeting next day after the meeting with the Sheir-Irel. They too have come each year to bring us comfort and to remember the day that their planet Irellion was destroyed. And also important was Jeffrey ordering Iffy to get working on the old GMK-transport that had developed a slight glitch in the navcom.
    I went to bed that evening anticipating the next morning full of fun but it turned out otherwise.

Iffy alerted us all with his ‘pilots launch, sponges away’ and his beeping and tootling. A brief smile passed my face when I heard that.
    Frank Halmi – a funny guy at firehouse seven – had sent the alert towards the kindergarten. The still active pilots Mick, Jim, Len and Peter were coming to the mess-hall in various stages of donning their fire-retardant yellow uniforms and with Jim helping Jeffrey with his when Ger, Keren and Alan with his son Jason came in.
    Mick briefed us all about the big wildfire in Ifaan National park. The water-fun was forgotten, almost.

I headed with the retired pilots Grant, Sjon and Jan towards the hospital. The three pilots were going to help in the kitchen.
    A big emergency like a wildfire with many casualties coming in needs big support. And I was busy all day and taking a much needed break from my duties in the ER when my pager alerted me.
    Keren told me in the ER that an injured firefighter was coming. I took Kevin Kaol under my care doing the pre-op examinations before guiding him to the OT and helping him on the table. I had to scrub before returning and was giving the IV-bag to a nurse when I felt that something bad had happened to Jason. I returned in a hurry to the OT and donned my blue gloves and took my place at the table. I told them that Mick and Angie – a nurse and the sister of Jay assisting us – were rushing Jason into OT seven and that Angie had the surprise of her life.

Leslie said “Ger Skagal used what I have taught him. He used the Force to keep Jason safe.” And answering a question from Jay he said “The same Force is telling me that Jason will be Kevin’s room mate. Jason saved Kevin and both men will profit from being together in the same room.”

Ger is a Jedi. I was beaming with pride and went to work on Kevin’s legs. The injuries required some delicate micro-surgery. When Jim was ready with the sutures I left the OT. I was needed to help Jason and to relieve Ger. Using the Force had cost him and he was almost sleeping on his feet when I came in. Alan’s young son was covered in terrible burns after saving a woman.
    Leslie came to relieve Alan.

That evening I was watching the Sheir-Irel with Mick and Jim after hearing the message from Leslie about Irina – a relative from Leod Irwihan – on Moniron. Leod had to go to Moniron to save his relative. Jeffrey and Leslie had joined us when Iffy made a very agitated entry showering us with sand when he fired his repulsors. The astromech had another message. I had a twin brother living on Moniron.

Keren was the last to suffer from the wildfire. He tried to save a speederbike rider but was overrun by her and broke his lower right arm. I visited him and heard all from Leod. Keren had to go too. He was drawn to his great love Irina.
    I offered to be the co-pilot and Leslie coming in offered to be the medic to take care of Keren. And that’s when the sponge war started. We had fun throwing wet sponges every which way and squeezing them using the Force when Don Barnes – the director of the hospital – arrived with René Dalara. The fire-chief told us that the wildfire was under control. We saw why. It was raining, it was pouring, a deluge of water was snuffing out the flames.

I was writing this when my brother came in and asked why Ger didn’t come to Moniron. That will be revealed in the last chapter.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of activity & urgent messages. I like Iffy. Has quite the personality. ;)

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Each year there was a celebration in the kindergarten.
    Mick and his pilots love to have fun and play pranks and what better day to do that on celebrating hospital squadron day or the day after. All members come to sleep in the kindergarten and the day after – or should I say early morning – usually begins with water.

Next week the holidays actually start for the kindergarten. :p Not in your story, but in mine that I call life. Anyway, there is indeed a lot of happening with water at work, since the temperatures are murderous & we have a nice garden, shaded by many trees. So I gleefully read through your story.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Iffy will come next year with a diary and Tarko is ending his story
    More fun in the last chapter and more to come in the future

Chapter 20

Ger told me he had to be there for Jason and help him recover. He will come when the time is right. He knows how to get to Moniron getting the coordinates from Leod. And Iffy has them. Together with Jeffrey, Iffy and the Kerebuy brothers he will help Jason to repair the X-wing.

I too am sure that Jason, Iffy and the X-wing will play a part in helping the rebellion. A new republic will be forming.

We had no good-bye party. The galaxy is still at unrest and we didn’t want to attract any attention.

I helped Leod to ready his transport and familiarized with the controls.

Keren was still complaining about the inflatable splint that was securing his right arm when he came with Ger and Leslie to the hangar.

Leod was getting anxious to leave. The treatment of Irina was depending on our arrival at the right time.

I told Keren that helping us to navigate will keep his mind from the splint and urged him inside where I secured him in the chair at the navigation console. And Keren became funny again when I asked him where to go.
    He told me that the first jump was to nowhere and after that to somewhere. Leslie must have slipped him some fun-meds but Leod had the same remarks.

Were they all in cahoots to play a prank on me?

‘Nowhere here we come,’ said Keren and he did enter some coordinates.

Leod explained all about nowhere and the journey to Moniron.

We came to the Moniron system and guided our transport through the nebula.

And I saw a planet just as beautiful as Lingala and the inspiring mount Moniron that had me writing this little story of my life.

I have a new future on my home planet united with my twin-brother and parents. I have a job at Noranan general hospital. Rihan too after he took the offer to get working here. We have bought two cottages near the beach.

I am sure that Ger will come someday with our friends from Lingala.
    And Iffy.

I am looking forward to see that astromech again and hear his stories. The droid has a fully intact memory and can reveal all about his adventures with Jeffrey and now with Jason and Ger.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful wrap-up! Cottages on the beach. Nice! :D

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Are you in summer holiday modus? ;) Your characters certainly are.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.