main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lost City Of The Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    What happened to it? and is there a retcon as to why, when, how, and what the heck?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    What happened to it? and is there a retcon as to why, when, how, and what the heck?

Yes.

And I shall answer it in my thread.

;-)

Apparently the Jedi terraformed the planet Yavin (why Jedi feel the need to take up Terraforming is a question of itself but they nevertheless) and eventually it fell into the hands of Naga Sadow's Sith Empire and was forgotten by the Jedi, probably around 7,000 when the mass defections were taking place. The Lost City of the Jedi was nothing more than the station to regulate this site. Strangely enough, this was actually the explanation given in the original books. It was just remarkably opaque in it's depiction.

The Lost City was rediscovered then at some point, in this case, I would venture to guess that after Yavin IV was decimated by Exar Kun's force wave a group of Jedi took it upon themselves to try and rebuild the planet and in the decimation were able to find the previously uncovered city. Given the Sith ruins on the planet, the Jedi no doubt thought that a secret base might have been a useful tool to have an entered it into the archives.

To speculate even further into the future and how the Lost City got its bizarre capacities (with no real substantiation) I imagine the Jedi realized that Yavin was a perfect location for a listening post (probably directly along many hololines) and transformed the location into a droid manned facility for dating crunching during the Clone Wars. This is why the droids are so well versed about Galactic events. The droids were possessed of their own power planet and could be largely left self-sufficient. When Palpatine destroyed the Jedi, the facility was unknown but for a few and my guess was that Obi Wan Kenobi either knew that the facility would never have its references found in the massive datalibraries of the Jedi or deliberately removed the references himself.

Because the figure in Ken's memories is clearly human and it is Obi Wan's ghost that leads him to the place (though this means nothing since Obi Wan warns about things like the Ssiruuk), it's quite likely that Obi Wan (whom may have set up the base himself) was the individual whom rescued Kendaline and Triclops Palpatine's child Ken from Imperial slavery to the Dark Side (Palpatine would obviously be interested in a non-deformed child of his loins). Obi Wan probably bought some minder droids and left Ken there from that point on.

As for why Exar Kun's spirit did not menace the child, its quite likely Kun's spirit was mostly 'haunting' the Great Temple and ironically it was the Rebel alliance that disturbed him with the events at the Lost City possibly on the other side of the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.