main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    Ah. I've never seen it, so we're good :p

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Good strategy. If Nat's too busy laughing, she can't bite you. :cool: :p

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    As my roommate says Cedric Diggory died so he could become a sparkly vampire.

And I'm not a vampire, I'm a bat. I like the dark, yet I now like mornings...

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I've seen those. There was a really funny image of Cedric and Edward that said "Cedric Diggory didn't die; he became a vampire and changed his name to Edward." I did a Google search, but I can't find it :(

6. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    One of my favorite lines is from Monster Hunter Vendetta: "In real life vampires only sparkle when they're on fire."

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's a good one.

8. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Anyone watching the Stanley Cup Finals tonight?

Win or lose, my city (Vancouver) is going to go absolutely insane.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Nah, not my thing (sports in general, that is).

10. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I don't really follow hockey. However... come football season, my attention span will waiver somewhat.

however, some of my favorite celebs are going back and forth about the Stanley Cup Finals. So to me seeing them passionate about it is awesome!

11. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008
    I was pretty stoked to see William Shatner in the audience last night (from the tv at my friend's place).

And then some of my friends got stuck downtown in the middle of a riot because we're sore losers. :rolleyes:

That annoys me. All that money the city made during the playoffs (and we could really use that with the recession and all), and we're going to have to spend it on fixing all the damage. Darn kids. [shakes fist]

12. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I saw that and all these Canadians are very disappointed with these rioting fans.

So yay I am going to Dragon*Con this year! I have heard so many stories and I cannot wait. September is going to be a busy month for me! And October!

Yay!

13. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008
    Ooh, that sounds like fun, MasterJaina!

I haven't been to a convention since I was a kid. Mostly because I'm usually too broke, and most of my friends are no match for my geekiness. :D

Am I missing out terribly?

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo, fun!! It's been years for me, too--probably bordering on a decade.

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Well CV was my first major con and I had a blast. Then I did the local geek con, MegaCon this year, so I decided oh wth and do it. I really wanted to do ComicCon but maybe next year. Yeah next year. Ah crap... maybe not. grrr...

You see I'm going with two people from here on the boards to D*C. So it doesn't matter if my friends are geeky or not, (mind you they are. I mean my roomie and I just got Power Rangers shirts and we are planning a Power Rangers marathon.)

I'd say you have to do a con at least once in your life.

16. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Hmmm, Voltron Force is pretty good, except for the opening credits. I shouldn't be that surprised, because they did bring us Avatar, and the soon to come Korra.

They did a great job paying homage to the original series while making the series mroe exciting and intense. Still not sure about having the three cadets. It seems like they have to have kids in all of these tunes all of the days. Pidge should be the only kid in this series.

Other than that, It's definetly worth continuing to watch.

It's sad about the riots in Canada, but not surprising. There was more to the riots than just the hockey team loosing, and it's happening here in the U.S. as well.

17. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    I miss D*Con. Haven't been for years. Always been too dang busy to be able to take the time off.

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LIL!!

I'm going to my first D*Con this year. Though I'm spoiled by San Diego Comic-Con International. It'll be nice to go to a convention without 130,000 other people. :D

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    The only convention (well, fan-type) I went to was CIII. I could have gone to CV, but we decided it'd be better to save the money. Now we wish we'd gone.

20. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Miana,

The 501st is always out in force at D*Con, and there's usually a huge group shot on the steps of one of the local buildings. My favorite thing about D*Con was changing my costume 3-4 times a day to coincide with whatever forums or panels I was attending. My friends and I actually got picked to do an honor guard for a bunch of folks from SG-1 for their entrance to a panel.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds really cool!!

Fels, are you guys planning to go to CVI next year?

Also, our fellow creative fans in Fan Art are having a quarterly competition, but they really need more votes to determine a winner. If you guys could take a coupke minutes to check out this awesome art and send in a vote, we'd all really appreciate it!

22. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Voted. There's some great stuff on offer there.

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Eh, I'm still not 501st. I usually babysit their stuff during their photo. I'll be there for the Rebel Legion photo, though. :D

24. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm not sure if we are going or not. A lot can happen between now and then.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Who's excited for Harry Potter? :D