main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's uncalled for. Keep it classy, people; be better than her.

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    I feel sorry for Paula Deen. She doesn't deserve this. She made a mistake once 30 years ago, and because of it, they're destroying her. This is political, plain and simple. I hope she comes back stronger than before. I don't wish this kind of treatment on my worst enemies.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Wal-Mart has now offically dropped her as well.

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    This is crazy with all the Star Trek fan fiction. It's taken over the boards! That's all everyone is writing or reading! This always happens when a Star Trek Movie is released. LOL

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Post deleted

6. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Found a list of of the top fan fiction sites on the web. I'll have to check some of those out.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So, I tried yoga for the first time this weekend. It was okay, but I'm not super flexible (and I've taken on some injuries in the past few years that make certain kinds of exercise difficult). Has anyone else done it? Everyone I was with seemed to enjoy it more than I did 8-}

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    At least I can safely say in my latest Who fic, I got the vague detail about Twelve
    being older
    right.:)

Random Comments likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I stopped watching Who a while ago, but I was surprised they went with
    someone older

Edit: Just in case people are avoiding spoilers (how?).

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    First off - yoga! You have my eternal respect, Nat! I am as flexible as a board, and even watching other people do yoga looks painful. :p Probably the good painful when you first start, but still . . .

And then, at first I was surprised about the direction they were taking with the new Doctor. And then . . . not that much. After all, most of the previous Doctors were older. William Hartnell was almost sixty when he played the first Doctor, I believe. It will be interesting to see where this one goes. [face_thinking] As much as I enjoyed Eleven, I am really ready for a 'refresh' button with the series. I am excited. :D [face_dancing]

11. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Hearing all the people complain about the age of the new Doctor is rather annoying. I mean the show has had multiple older age men in the role. When the 10th Doctor showed up people were stunned at a young Doctor. Haha all this Doctor Who talk makes me want to write some stories now.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Most of the doctors from the previous rendition of the show were older. I was beginning to think that this new rendition was trying to focus strictly on the younger generation. I have no problem with the age, nor would I care about what ethnic group the actor is from. I could see a future Doctor being black or Chinese or something. The only thing I don't think I could accept is changing the Doctor into a woman. That would cause a huge reality catastrophe. I mean, men are built too different physically to reasonably explain that kind of change, plus how would the time lords pro-create when each Time Lord can change sexes often. Keeping the race in existence would be impossible! Even worse, what if one them was female time lord, pregnant, and then something happens and they have to change and ended up changing into a male? What would happen to the baby and that Time Lord?

If you ask me, if they want to bring in a female time lord, make a spin off series and give her that series. Besides, we know that there is a young time lord lady running around out there. In season 2, we found out that the Doctor had a daughter (not with River either), and she set on a quest to find him. She died in that episode and regenerated; give her her own series, just let's not further break reality and canon by having the doctor become a female.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I was going to say that I would actually be very interested in a female Doctor. Or a redhead :p

First off - yoga! You have my eternal respect, Nat! I am as flexible as a board, and even watching other people do yoga looks painful. :p Probably the good painful when you first start, but still . . .

It is kinda painful! And everyone else there was super into it and had taken classes and was flexible as hell. And then there was me 8-}

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A female doctor, now that would be something! And Idri just did a brilliant fic examining that possibility right here. And I do second mrjop - I would love to see Jenny with her own spin off series. That would be fantastic. [face_love]

It is kinda painful! And everyone else there was super into it and had taken classes and was flexible as hell. And then there was me 8-}

[face_laugh] Of course! Because that is always how it seems to go. :p

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Always 8-} Which is why I prefer to not exercise in public (except on an elliptical or something; I can manage those :p ).

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Random Comments likes this.
  17. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I might actually give the icon binging I've been on the last several weeks a rest and try and get some writing done tonight.

19. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Just want to break up all the star trek posts!

20. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    So I'm thinking of doing a crossover of every single Bioware RPG. Wish me luck.

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D on television and saw the commercial for the new Thor movie. This movie is going to be AWESOME!

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm SO excited for that :D What did you think of the show?

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Yes! Agents of SHIELD!

Personally, it was LOVE, with a capitol L, on my part! Coulson rules all of my feelings!! Although Joss has me worried for how they are going to treat him. Like -
    I have a sneaky suspicion that Coulson was not Coulson, but rather a life model decoy, as has been whispered. I don't know how I feel about that. But, if they work in some Coulson = Vision into the future of the Avengers fandom, I certainly will not complain. ;) We will just have to wait and see. :D

I am also super psyched for Thor 2! I will never get over Jane punching Loki, no matter how many times I see it! [face_laugh]

24. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    The show had some flaws. Two of the actors seem to be not so gifted in acting, and the plot in this story was a little lame, but mostly, I think it's really good. So far though, the actor who plays Coulson is the best actor by far of the group. I hope they improve that in future episodes.

Like I said, I like the show, but it felt like Joss Wheadon is a complete armature when it comes to television series, and we all know that that isn't true. It also felt like he was trying to make a big budget event for television, and that does not really work. That final scene with his car turning into a hover craft was just plain cheesy. They need to find their stride, and put out a moderate budget tv series with their moderate budget. I don't think they need to try to make it look high budget, because doing something high budget with a moderate or low budget makes the series look cheap. I have full faith, however, that Joss will work things out before ABC can think about canceling the series, which I currently think this show is in danger of by the end of the series. The ratings are going to drop for the next few weeks, so he has the next few weeks to make some changes.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I was not SUPER impressed by the show--but as my friend reminde me, pilots almost always kinda suck, and Joss is great, and it's obviously not the Avengers. I did enjoy Coulson's return. And Agent Hill--assuming the series survives beyond the first season, I wonder if she'll become a regular cast member, with HIMYM ending. The agents were kinda eh. They certainly weren't Thor and Iron Man :p But I'm going to keep watching.