main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I'm pretty worried about the barrel scene. Looks like it'll be a set piece roller coaster with "EPIC BATTLE" surrounding it. And the barrels, they are open-topped. :(

Bt I'm hopeful it'll be a movie that doesn't leave me irritated at all the changes, but something I can enjoy as a good story...

2. Count_Drabbu

Count_Drabbu Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2007
    Even if heesa be playin' a Gungan now?

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I noticed the barrels were open-topped. [face_waiting] I agree that the barrel scene looks to be an action sequence, which I feel is pretty unnecessary. While it's not as "exciting" by Hollywood standards, I think the barrel scene in the book could be executed on film in a way to keep the tensions and conflicts high without resorting to your standard action movie fare.

Mira_Jade, I think you and I have almost exactly the same opinions on the first Hobbit film, you're just more forgiving than me. :p As always, I love your enthusiasm for The Silmarillion. [:D]

Random Comments likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] I think that would definitely fall under the 'be careful what you wish for' category. [face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

Silmarillion!! [face_love]!! There is not enough love for that masterpiece, that's all I'm sayin'. [face_love]

There, now my flailing is done . . . For now. :p

[:D]

5. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    The Silmarillion love is really heartening, I must say.

6. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Just read that the producers of Arrow on the CW network is actively trying to get Matt Smith to do guest roll on future episode. That would be Two Doctor Who alumni on the show. We got John Barrowman who played the Black Archer in the first season, and returning again in season two. And soon, we may have Matt Smith too. AWESOME! This series keeps getting better!

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Yay, Silmarillion love! Mira and Random Comments, you're making me want to re-read it. I even have two copies, but they're in another city!

I like Arrow well enough, but I just wish Stephen Amell had a little bit more charisma in the role. I find his portrayal to be a little... dense.

8. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    I've only got the one copy which I've never read

I've read the library's copies many, many times, though,

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Woohoo! Agents of Shield just got picked up for a whole season! Truthfully, I'm surprised. Usually anything I really get into gets canceled.

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Random Comments - That comment made my day! I actually snorted into my coffee. [face_laugh]

Idrelle_Miocovani - Yes, reeeeead it [face_hypnotized]! Melkor gets jealous when Sauron gets more of the supervillain spotlight than him, anyway - the prima donna o_O, and bad things happen when he is in a childish mood. So, if you re-read the novel, it's not for yourself, but for the good of all mankind. :p (Yeah . . . see above comments about caffeine consumption too late in the day. :oops:)

And yay for SHIELD! I am looking forward following where Joss leads. [face_dancing]

11. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    It's not even a particularly /nice/ copy (so its not because I want it pristine), though. But for some reason, I always end up with a library copy when I want to read it...

I haven't seen the most recent episode (I'm watching them each Saturday with my brother), but I'm getting rather excited. There are things I'd change, of course, but that tends to happen with most things.

Of course, Melkor isn't coming back until the end of time, so...
    Inadvertent Doctor Who reference there. Yay!

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I just read that Star Wars: The Clone Wars WILL release Season 6, the final 22 episodes that were made before Disney canceled the series. They will begin to air early 2014, probably in January or February on Cartoon Network. Now, I'm happy!

13. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not strictly true.
    They've made an unconfirmed number of arcs of "bonus content" to be released next year.
    And they will 100% not air on CN.
    The SWTV forum (LACWAC was such a better name) has a nice rundown on what's confirmed.

14. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Oh, you're right, they haven't confirmed where it will air. I have to assume Disney XD!

It HAS, however, been confirmed that all 22 episodes will be released by the director of the Clone Wars. They originally were only going to air four story arcs, but something changed and as of yesterday, Disney has confirmed the entire 22 episode season 6 will be aired (possibly on television) early 2014 which includes all four of these arcs previously confirmed plus all remaining finished episodes.

This wiki page has updated it's page with this new information.

Other sources:
    Comingsoon.net
    The HDroom.com

The people in that forum didn't seem to have read the new information. I have informed them of the new development.

15. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    That's not what's been confirmed. Only the /release in some form/ of the /bonus content/ has been confirmed. The rest: totally unfounded speculation. Which isn't to say it /couldn't/ happen, but that is not at all what Filoni confirmed.
    Only one of those links actually claims that, even, and it's speculating as well.

16. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    We'll see, but don't be surprised if it's 22 episodes. Dave did say Back at the beginning of the year that most of season 6 episodes were already completed, so I tend to believe 22 episodes.

17. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    But you shouldn't be surprised if its not. And I can't say, given Disney's treatment of the franchise so far [ :( ] and the direct statements of people like Pablo Hidalgo that it will /not/ be that many episodes, that I expect it to be that many.

Not trying to be mean, just want to make sure you understand what is confirmed, and what is pure conjecture. :)

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Oh, I wouldn't be surprised. I tend to believe the director if he says that much of season 6 was completed. After reading carefully all those articles, I can see how some would be skeptic. Dave never said the number of episodes himself, all he said was that he "wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes"

What is definitely confirmed is 5 story arcs (a bounty hunter arcs (Cad Bane, Boba Fett, and Aurra Sing),a Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas arc, the clone trooper killing the Jedi arc, a Rush Clovis arc, and now a Yoda arc. In his own words: "I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda's most challenging missions".

That can easily be 18 episodes easily if each arc is 3 episodes each. Season 4 (excluding individuals stories) had 7 story arcs. A story arc, we know consists of at least 2 episodes, and there has been several 4 story arcs, 2 in season 4 alone. so we know we will see anywhere from 10 to 20 episodes (5 * 2 = 10 & 5 * 4 = 20).

I think it's quite easy to believe that we'll get close to 20 episodes. I'm willing to be the bounty hunter arc will be at least 3 since your talking about ending the stories of three bounty hunters. I'll also bet Yoda is also at least three, based on it being his most challenging mission.

Granted, I will concede that 22 may not be confirmed, but I think it's very believable and likely to be the case since we're talking about 5 confirmed story arcs, That is, unless, the director is just plain out lying to us on his facebook out of spite about the fifth story arc.

Here's hoping for a higher number! :)

19. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Yoda arc /is /the Sifo-Dyas arc, BTW, per the writer.

But I think this might be enough for this tangent. :)

20. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Really? Okay. LOL

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm excited for the next Hobbit movie. I didn't like some of the things in the first one, but I've also not read the book, which helps :p

(Sorry, I don't watch TCW to comment :p )

I've been watching more of the first season of Arrow now that it's hit Netflix. I'm surprised I like it so much! It seems very unlike the CW's usual offerings.

22. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Arrow is cool. The second Season is even better! Now we're getting some exciting super villains and Justice League cameos like the Flash, Black Canary, and possibly the Birds of Prey. We may even get to see the League of Shadows, though we may not get to see Ra's Al Ghul because of the Batman limitation. Who knows!

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Arrow's a decent enough show. I enjoy watching it. I don't really like Stephen Amell's Oliver all that much (I find his performance a little on the bland side), but I adore Diggle and Felicity. Actually, Felicity's just plain awesome, definitely my favourite character. She reminds me a little bit of Supernatural's Charlie Bradbury.

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Dude, I'm not there yet! :p

I am not even a little surprised that you like Felicity, Idri :p

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I have a soft spot for nerdy girls. :p