main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Okay, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has gotten very good! The pilot was kind of a let down, but the show is definitely not letting me down any longer. Top three shows this season is S.H.I.E.L.D, Arrow, and Defenders of Berk. Season 2 of Defenders of Berk (formerly Riders of Berk) has improved greatly over season one! I love the new dragon queen: The shouting death. Completely terrifying just like Green Death was in the movie. I can hardly wait until the Shouting Death returns to Berk to try to reclaim the village as her nest.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I still need to catch up! I'm watching the Michael J. Fox show and really enjoying it, much more than I expected to. Which is great because I love MJF.

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I have all of the Micheal J. Fox episodes DVR'd, but I have yet to actually watch them. When I do watch TV, I normally find myself turning to OuAT and SHIELD, :p It looks awesome though. :D

Surprisingly, my favourite new show this fall is NBC's The Blacklist. I watched it on a fluke one evening, and now I can't wait for every episode (and I have a ridiculous amount of fan-theories going on, at that. :oops:8-}). It's a chill worthy crime drama with lots of twists and turns and I am completely engrossed in it. [face_hypnotized]

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    All good shows that I enjoy: Blacklist, S.H.I.E.L.D, MJF Show, and I would add the Robin Williams series, The Crazy Ones. That show is a riot! Still, my two favorites is S.H.I.E.L.D, Defenders of Berk, and Arrow. Those three shows I have Amazon.com automatically y buying new episodes for me. My other favorite show, Duck Dynasty, had just ended the season last Wednesday. :(

Oh, I just read: An upcoming episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will crossover with Thor: The Dark World. The team will pick up the pieces from the events of the movie. That is awesome how they can now do a crossover between a movie and a tv series!

5. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Mira_Jade OMG Blacklist! I started watching it and now I'm addicted. I absolutely adore James Spader. And yes unlike other people out there I am thoroughly enjoying Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. So I guess I need to see Thor before I watch AoS that night.

I haven't caught up with Arrow yet but I do have say Revolution is getting so much better.

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I couldn't get into Revolution, the acting from every actor except Billy Burke was KILLING me.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is good fun. So is Sleepy Hollow (it thrives on its ridiculousness, which is something I really like - when shows are silly and you know THEY know they're silly and don't take themselves too seriously, it's just a good ol' time). I'm extremely disappointed with Legend of Korra, there are some serious narrative execution problems with the current season.

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have never watched Revolution, so I can't give my vote yay or nay . . . and I am so behind on Arrow. So behind. 8-}

But that is the coolest news about Agents of SHIELD, mrjop2! Thanks for the info. I am just glad to have something to look forward too, because last week's episode was just disappointing - from writing to acting to content. :rolleyes: :(

Speaking of, but we are only days away from THOR!! I can't wait for Thursday night. It's time to break out the costume for the midnight viewing again. [face_dancing]:D [face_dancing]

Master_Jaina1011 - THE BLACKLIST!! [face_dancing]:cool:[face_dancing] There, I am so happy to have that out of my system. :p It has definitely been a surprise hit for me this fall. [face_love]

8. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I really wanted to do the movie marathon but nope can't get the time off!

Mira_Jade OMG the Blacklist. Loving it. So many twists and turns and you have no idea where they are going to take it.

I really want to try out Almost Human. And I need to sit down and have a Sleepy Hollow marathon.

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    BlackList is great, but Its starting to get predictable. I already figured out the big bombshell that they leading us into. Not sure if they will reveal it next Monday or not, but I think it's obvious why he has an interest in Lizzy. This past Monday's episode only confirmed my suspicion.

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    He is her father, I hope. [face_love]

My theory may be off, but that idea is honestly why I like the show so much. Now, I actually have to sit down and watch the new episode - It is on the to-do list for tonight. :p

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I really want to try Sleepy Hollow; I've heard it's great. And I heard good things about Witches of East End(?). And I want to see Dracula. And ... and I think I'll be doing quite a bit of catching up when they go on winter break :p

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Sleepy Hollow is one of those shows that is so ridiculously over-the-top and knows it that it just makes it a lot of fun. Also, the PoC representation is pretty good for mainstream television, which is great to see.

I am currently setting my normal weekly TV watching routine to one side because I somehow managed to absorb myself in a marathon of Stargate: Atlantis (which I never saw during its original run). I somehow managed to get almost to the end of Season 3 in a week... agh... :oops: (This is what happens when I do most of my work from home; I work and marathon TV shows at the same time).

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    That's exactly what I concluded too, Mira. I suspected that after episode 2 or 3. I just can't remember how to do the spoiler thing.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Is anyone watching OUAT in Wonderland? I want to check that out, but I don't want something super similar to OUAT.

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    NYCitygurl No I haven't. i have too many shows right now. So much to catch up on. I actually have Witches of East End recorded but so far I have put it on for background noise. That should tell you something. Dracula I have yet to see and need to catch up on Sleepy Hollow. Hulu you will be getting a work out soon.

Mira_Jade Ohhhhh that's what I thought. What about her husband? Think what has actually happened is the truth?

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    NYCitygurl I'm in the same boat as you - I haven't watched it yet because I have my hands full with OUAT, and one of those shows at a time is quite enough to deal with. :oops: But, I do look forward to anyone else's review . . . It may speed up my seeking out the show sooner than I would have. :p

mrjop2 Oooh, spoiler tags are easy. Just go - [spoiler} and [/spoiler} at the end the text you want to black out. (Just make sure you replace the squiggly bracket. I did that so that my code wouldn't be translated. :p)

Master_Jaina1011 Of course he is lying! I am not bought even a little bit. [face_not_talking] . . . although, now the show is going to prove me wrong for being irked at a character who really hurt one of my favourite characters. (Do you ever worry sometimes that we get way too personally involved in the life of fictional beings? :confused: [face_blush]

Speaking of too personally involved . . .

LOKI!! [face_dancing][face_love][face_here_is_my_soul_treat_it_well]

I saw Thor: The Dark World last night and LOVED it. I am on a high of fangirl emotions right now. [face_love] It was just a fun, action packed movie with a lot of one-liners and a side of heart and angst and I couldn't be happier. [face_love] I think I would have liked a little more development with the villains, but they had too many central characters to fixate on, I guess. :p

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Okay, I'm desparate and need some advice. When you hit a creative drought, how do you relieve it? What helps you to open those idea flood gates?

18. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Mira_Jade Ohhh Loki. Tom Hiddleston is just becoming more lovable every single time he opens his mouth. He makes me love Loki more. Like when that trailer aired and we saw him at the end, ask the boyfriend. I freaked. I cannot wait to see it tomorrow.

and I haven't caught up with Blacklist. hopefully Sunday. Hopefully. if not... maybe Wednesday but that day is chock full of doctor's appointments.

19. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I don't know. I tend to just think about it, but not obsess, and eventually, a solution comes to me.
    Sometimes, rewriting a section (assuming I've started) without looking at the last draft helps. And if it doesn't, well, you might just have a better version of a few pages.

20. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks. I'll give that one a try. As for the not thinking about it, I've been more or less doing that until someone or something reminds me that I haven't done anything for a while. NaNo is certainly not helping matters. At this point, I'm getting impatient.

Though, I did have an idea sprinkle just a little bit ago. A small idea for an RP I want to join again. It's not much, but compared to being completely burned out, it's a hopeful start. I'm hoping monsoon season starts shortly and a typhoon of ideas hit. I'm hoping that the drought-stricken ground will be so saturated that I'll have a landslide of creativity.

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I've got plenty of things to write about, but time is the issue for me. Sorry for those who are waiting for another chapter of my story, I've been so busy with work and projects that need to be done before winter sets in.

Now, I have an hour or two to relax and sit and watch my favorite movie of all time. No, it's not the Avengers, the Hobbit, or Star Trek Into Darkness like many would surmise. Hands down, my absolute favorite movie of all time is Les Miserables with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crow. Funny, my absolute favorite movie has one of my least favorite actors: Russel Crow.

Thor 2 was awesome! They've even hinted at the Avengers 3 or 4, or whatever the number ends. Much better than the first.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I"m glad to hear Thor was good! I really need to go see it. And Hunger Games, when it's out. And that new Disney movie Frozen. And the Hobbit. And ... 8-}

23. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    And The Day of the Doctor. Etc.

I saw Into Darkness the other day.
    I'd say it was an improvement on the last one, at least. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it. Cumberbatch gave a fabulous performance (as always), and Spock and Uhura convinced me, they're fabulous together.

Nyota's Heart
    I can remember which social three you prefer, so ill just tag you here...

24. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    If I can get off of work, I plan to see Day of the Doctor in theaters.

25. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    If you wait too long, you might not be able to get tickets...