Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow. You are The Drabble King. *bows*

2. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I haven't been called that since back in the old Obi-Wan thread.
  3. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Do you have a goal to write a specific number of drabbles?
  4. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ultimately, no. I have the resolution for 2010 (at least one a day), and I have the challenges to finish, but otherwise, it's just to keep going and going and going....

In non-fanfic news, I saw Inception today. Oh, and last night, for the third time this year, I took and passed the test for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Maybe they'll finally select me to be in the contestant pool.
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's cool!! I love quiz shows :D
  6. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    I do not like quiz shows, but that's still awesome for you! Congrats! [face_dancing]
  7. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Congrats!

Inception was good. :)
  8. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    Inception is my mom.

Only I call her conception.

Actually that movie totally rocked. =P~

9. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Thanks, but it's only gratsworthy if I actually get into the pool. I've passed the test several times now only to get the "You have not been selected" postcard, so...

Funny thing was, after they'd called out the ones who'd passed, one of the interviewers called out my name. We started to talk, and she realized that she'd interviewed me when I passed last month, so she had to hand me off to the other guy. Except he'd talked to me in May, so they had to go grab someone else to interview me. So here's to hoping that persistence pays!
  10. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    If you won the million... they would probably consider you a VIP and give you colors. [face_laugh]

Seriously though, good luck.
  11. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    :eek: Good luck!! How long does it usually take?
  12. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    To get the postcard? Two to three weeks.

This weekend, I'm marathoning my way through The Middleman.
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    By the way, if you haven't nominated stories for NSWFF's awards, you should!! There are so many awesome stories (I had fun going through and revisiting old favorites :D ) and it's fun to patricipate :)
  14. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I'm glad to see so many Well newcomers in the past couple weeks :D You should all stop in here and introduce yourselves!!
  15. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    ... there's newcomers?

[/Epic fail] [face_beatup]

:p
  16. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't call myself a newcomer, but I am new to writing NSW fan fiction here on this sight.
  17. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what she meant by "newcomer."

Unless you thought she was referring to the Tenctonese?

18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    They're in the Trek thread :p

Welcome to NSWFF, jop!! And yep, you're exactly one of the people I meant :) Glad you made your way over here!
  19. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You ever have that moment when you go into a thread you hadn't read in some time and make a joke, only then you discover you made the joke earlier in that thread? But you can't delete the new post, so now you have to edit the joke so it's at least different from the first one?
  20. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    No, mostly because I'm not all that good with the funny :p
  21. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Woohoo! Friday I started working towards my Accounting certificate, and today I took my third exam. So far I and I have a 92, a 97, and now a 100. So three A's and 49 more exams to go. To top it off, I still able to write my story!
  22. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
  23. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Man, the NSW fan fiction forum and this resource forum are very slow compared to other forums around here.

It appears that I have chosen a dead fandom here to get involved in. Oh well, even with no readers, I still can't bring myself to stop writing it.

How about everyone else? Have you ever written a fiction, and discover that it just not attracting attention and even so, you are still determined to finish it? Or do you find yourself forgetting that story and try to come up with a new idea?

As for me, as I said, I'm the type to be determined to finish it.
  24. Salacious_Drabb Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, this section hasn't really developed an identity separate from the SW fic boards yet. Most of the people (and most of the relationships) come from over there and are still based there more than here.

As for lack of readers, sometimes you just have to keep going for yourself. Believe me, I know what it's like to go weeks or months without getting any inkling that anyone's reading. And then, just as I'm considering throwing in the towel, I'll get that one comment that makes me realize I'm not alone in the wilderness.

EDIT: Does anyone else hear wolves?
  25. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Woah, congrats!! And wow, 52 exams total? That's insane 8-}

Not a dead fandom, just a slow one ;) And yeah, NSWFF has always been slower, and we're still trying to make the Well a more active and useful place (PM me if you've got suggestions; we're always open to ideas :) ).
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl