main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    It's not quite the place to gush, but... We've just got the first images of Into the Storm, starring Richard Armitage: www.darkhorizons.com/news/31377/first-photos-into-the-storm

I hadn't realised it at the time, but the equation is: Twister + RA = Wet Shirt. I may never recover from the sight of His Majesticness in his windblown best.

Lauré :)

Mira_Jade likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]B Not my type of movie, but that is an excellent still :D

3. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Never heard of the movie, but I love disaster flicks! Is this going to be released in the theaters?

4. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    Yep. On the 8th of August, to be precise.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this is quite the place to gush, laure! I did not even know that I needed this film in my life until I saw that. [face_hypnotized][face_laugh] Disaster movie + Mr. Armitage = one happy fangirl indeed. [face_love]

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Should not have listened to Eleven's regeneration music while writing one of my journal entries. Now I'm on the verge of tears.

7. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I will enjoy any disaster movie. period. even those really cheesy ones. My mom and I make games out of it. I got the love of disaster movies from her.

8. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    Official teaser trailer:

Unusual pitch, but an altogether intriguing first view. I hope we'll see more of Mr. Armitage in the next trailer, though...

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I have mixed feelings on disaster movies. I alternate between loving their ridiculousness and cringing non-stop.

Then again, Dante's Peak is a HUGE guilty-pleasure film of mine, so what do I know? [face_laugh]
    I

10. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    But Dante's Peak has got Pierce Brosnan as its star, which is admittedly one of its chief redeeming qualities... A movie can be corny, cliché or trite, but when the actors carry it with aplomb and gusto, it makes up for many faults.

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm sorry, Lauré, Pierce Brosnan is a fairly poor actor in my opinion (mind you, I am fairly critical of actors, since I am one myself, and I have difficulty switching the "off" switch when I watch, well, anything). :p However, I do agree that many a good actor has saved a film that is horrifyingly corny. See Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Alan Rickman saved that film. I watch it for him, and only him.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I will absolutely go see a movie just for the lead (see: Superman).

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I'll definitely check out this movie. I hope it's not going to be like the type of disaster flicks Syfy puts out, I'm hoping for something more like Twister or Day after Tomorrow.

14. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Twister is by far one of my favorite movies. It's pathetic, but it's my guilty pleasure. along with Volcano, Posiedon Adventure (not the best movie to watch before going on a cruise) and Dante's Peak.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Speaking of new movies, has anyone seen Muppets Most Wanted yet? It looks hilarious!

16. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    The only movies I've seen in theaters this year are Frozen and The Lego Movie. I think that still puts me ahead of last year, though.

Scary thought: The first drabble I ever wrote turns 17 today.

17. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I go to the movies all the time. Like tomorrow night... I'm going to see Captain America 2.

18. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    But this is New York. A matinee is $37.50 a person, more if you want snacks.

I'm kidding, of course. Theaters here don't offer matinees.

19. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    LOL! Forget snacks!

That's why I am so glad I left the tristate area!

20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow, Admiral Drabblar! Seventeen years. :eek: Now *that* is quite the feat. :D =D= The first piece I wrote will be ten years old in June, which just boggles my mind, so seventeen years is just this shinny number to me. I'm happy that your writing is still going strong. :)

I haven't seen a movie since the Hobbit: DOS - but I am breaking that streak with Captain America 2 this weekend. This is a week that needs more Steve in it. [face_love] :p

21. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Wooooo! I'm seeing the Captain America double feature tonight! So excited!

22. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    And all I have to say is Winter Soldier is amazing and wow.... So many feels!

23. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Captain America was Awesome, but if you're trying not to spoil the tv series, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, I would wait a couple weeks. My guess is, this movie pretty much spoiled the season finally which is still a many weeks away. Who knows, maybe after next weeks episode, everything will tie in together, I don't know, but there is HUGE spoiler for the series, something that changes the face of the series quite drastically. I'm not talking about the limited, and cheesy tie in Thor 2 had. I'm talking about the type of tie in that we've been hoping to see between the big screen and television, at least... that's what it appears.

At the very least, if you are concerned about that, wait at least a week. Maybe all things will tie in after next episode, I just don't know.

24. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Hahaha Syfy blastr has posted a link to a you tube video that had me on the floor laughing. It's a parody off of Frozen's song "Do you Wanna Build A Snowman." Sung by Harley Quinn, it's now... "Do you wanna kill the Batman!"

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, Drabbo! That a long time. My first story turns 12 this summer ... and that officially me old 8-}