Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    After watching this weeks Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, I can now say that it is now safe to go see Captain America: The Winter Soldier. All the major spoilers were pretty much connected in this episode. As far as I can see, there shouldn't anymore major spoilers in the movie that would further spoiler the rest of the season. At least, not from what I can see.

On another note... I have always been a fan of Roku, but I might just switch to Amazon Kindle TV after that hilarious commercial with Gary Busey. That guy is a trip.
    Last edited by mrjop2, Apr 8, 2014
  2. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Watching Season 6 of The clone Wars on netflix. 13 episodes, which is more than half of a normal season. So far, pretty awesome!
  3. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    I started writing again. Wrote myself into a corner almost immediately, as I was just writing by the seat of my pants, but it felt so very good to write again.
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Woohoo! Hey, anything to get the creative juices flowing!
    TrakNar likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 7
    That's wonderful, TrakNar! =D= I can relate. After over two years of almost literally *nothing* Cushy finally got some words down for her tribute idea that has a good chance of spawning an actual story! Go us! :D
    Mira_Jade and TrakNar like this.
  7. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been off my writing for quite some time now, and I have no idea when I'll get back to it. I'm too focused on my relationship to even think about writing right now.
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  8. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    I'm going to read up on haunted asylums and then write aimlessly for a while. I've been in the writing mood, even though I have no stories in mind! I love this feeling!
    NYCitygurl and Mira_Jade like this.
  9. Admiral Drabblar Jedi Master

star 2
    This afternoon, I got a wisdom tooth pulled. Supper tonight was ice cream.
  10. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
  11. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Amen to that! . . . minus the whole teeth being pulled part. That is quite the pain - literally, :oops:

And congratulations, jop! [:D] We will be here to read when you are writing again. :)
    Last edited by Mira_Jade, Apr 16, 2014
  12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Ouch! I had a couple removed ... jeez, nearly a decade ago ... and I'm still wincing in sympathy. I hope it heals quickly!
  13. Admiral Drabblar Jedi Master

star 2
    I had one removed years ago, and it was a very painful experience; the tooth had become so infected that I had to go on antibiotics for two weeks before they could go in to get it, and then they had to break it into pieces to get it out. This time, it was more *boop* "Done." I was so glad I went with the local anesthetic.
  14. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    I have some wisdom teeth that need to go, but lack of dental insurance has curtailed that.

And I started writing with a slight plan in mind, combining my default genre of psychodrama with the "found documents" genre, and Pokemon. We'll see what happens.
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Yikes! That sounds like an extremely miserable experience.
  16. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 7
    Sounds like an interesting mix of elements, TrakNar.

My muse has once again decided to throw me a rather large curve ball by shifting the over all tone of my piece. Happily, for once it feels like it'll be for the better. Though it is quite a thing to keep with my mind sometimes. :p
    TrakNar likes this.
  17. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR HTTYD 2! This movie is going to rock!
  18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Sunday: Wore a light dress and sandals for lunch.

Today: Had to change into a sweater because I couldn't take the cold.

I'm so ready for the cold weather to depart for a few months.

Also, I'm hanging out in Welcome New Users, helping out while the mod is away. You all should come help me start a party/tell newbies how awesome NSWFF is!
    Last edited by NYCitygurl, Apr 22, 2014
  19. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Today was Tuesday. It was 20 C.

Last week was Tuesday. It was -1 C and snowing.

That's Canada for you in a nutshell. :p

I'm tired of the cold, but mostly I'm tired of people complaining about the cold. 8-}
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  20. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    A cold front came through and the wind is blowing. I still have a window open and I'm enjoying the breeze.
  21. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Teeeeeell me about it. Last Monday/Tuesday we had three inches of snow - and broke a record for snowfall, to boot, so there were actually a few fist pumps for the snow :p - and then, over the weekend, it was comfortably in the 70's. I think I am with you though @TrakNar, we had a wonderfully cool breeze last night and I had all of the windows open.

Ooh! That sounds like fun, Nat! We will have to come over and help you crash the place while the mod is away. ;) :p
  22. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    You totally should! I'm throwing a party :D

I jus want to put my coats away :(
  23. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Soo, maybe this isn't quite the place to have a fangirl rant about this, but . . . yesterday Mr. Jackson just took our perfect, wonderful, couldn't-be-any-better title for the third Hobbit film, and -

Show Spoiler
    Changed 'There and Back Again' to 'The Battle of the Five Armies'.

It is like a kindergartener - the kind who likes to build block towers and then knock them down over and over, at that! - renaming Shakespeare. Just . . . oh, I need to find a corner and sob silently to myself if this is any indication as to the content of the movie itself. :(
    Last edited by Mira_Jade, Apr 26, 2014
    Random Comments likes this.
  24. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    Seriously, what's with that extraneous 'the?'
    Last edited by Random Comments, Apr 26, 2014
  25. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    WHAT! That's just silly. That was a great title!
    Last edited by NYCitygurl, Apr 26, 2014
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl