main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aaah, that's so wonderful to hear! He is such a wonderful actor, I am glad that he's receiving the recognition to match. [face_love]=D=

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  2. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Oh, and if you want to see The Crucible, it's going to be available on March 17 for rental or purchase via Digital Theatre. Not to do advertisement or anything, but...
    http://www.digitaltheatre.com/

Guess who's going to get herself a copy?

Mira_Jade likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, awesome! Thank-you for the link. I'll be right on that list behind you, then! ;) [face_dancing]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I"m so happy it's FINALLY warming up here! I'm so completely a warm-weather girl; I hunker down and don't like to leave my apartment during the winter. I'm excited to finally be able to put my heavy sweaters away :D How is it in everyone else's part of the world?

Mira_Jade likes this.
  5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Disgustingly hot. It feels like summer, and I know it's only going to get worse when Summer actually starts...
    Why can't we keep having nice weather? (The cold never bothered me, anyway.)

Mira_Jade likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    We had a false warm up :( - wonderfully warm weather and the snow was melting, and now its back to being frigid this weekend. Because that's Michigan for you. ;) Really, even though I enjoy each season in their turn, I am looking forward to getting outside again without having to put on the snow boots! :D

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hehe, Mira_Jade, that's exactly what Calgary had. It was warm... then we got snow... then it was warm... then we got snow... now it's warm... and I'm wondering when we'll get snow again. The mountains like wrecking havoc with our weather; the only thing that's guaranteed is the dry air.

Mira_Jade likes this.
  8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks! Our "cool down" only meant that I had to put a light coat on; we didn't get snow. Thank goodness. The cold DOES bother me, anyway.

Mira_Jade likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I jinxed it [face_plain] Snow and freezing rain today. This is because I put away my winter sweaters and bragged about it [face_plain]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love that the weather is finally warming up! I don't like that my allergies are going nuts. It make work super fun today (complete with headache).

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I AM FREEEEEEEEE!!!!

aka I have finished all my mandatory courses for my MFA and have had my end of Winter term meeting with my supervisor and set my plan for Spring/Summer. So long to the eight most intense months I've ever experienced. [face_party][face_dancing]

How is everyone? :)

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay!! [:D] Congratulations! That's awesome :D What are you going to do for spring/summer?

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thanks, Nat! [:D]

[face_laugh] Well, I'm still working on my thesis play (since I have to have a second draft done by September). I'm aiming to be able to do an informal reading with actors at the end of June. I'm also going to a theatre research conference in Ottawa at the end of May/beginning of June. And I applied to two play competitions which both go up in June, so needless to say, June's going to be kind of hectic if one or both of my plays are selected. :p

July/August is going to be more relaxing... I'm spending one of those months in BC with my partner and then the other in Ontario with my parents. I'm going to be doing a loooooot of flying... 8-}

Mira_Jade likes this.
  14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh wow! Those sound like amazing opportunities. Though it also sounds quite nice to relax!

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, talk about a crazy whirlwind of a ride, Idri!! Enjoy every second of it. ;)

I'm also glad to hear that you're sneaking time to relax this summer. You deserve it. [:D]

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm not so sure about relaxing anymore. [face_laugh] Yesterday was interesting... One of my friends contacted me to inquire about producing one of my plays from a couple years ago (and if she goes for it, I need to clean up the script since I've been planning re-writes for a while and just hadn't gotten around to it). Then one of the profs in my faculty also contacted me yesterday to suggest a potential paid playwriting project. I was also commissioned earlier this week to write the 2016 spring mainstage for the theatre company I'm associated with back in my hometown and today the director of my recent one-act emailed me to introduce me to a dramaturg friend of hers who wants to work on my script! Holy moly! 8-} It's like as soon as I'm done classes, the opportunities come rolling in like a domino effect. So I now have about four potential writing projects on the go, plus my thesis play, and that all occurred in a span of like 72 hours. :p

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow! Those all sound like amazing opportunities. That's so cool!

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, I jinxed the whole relaxing thing. :oops::p

BUT, that said, those opportunities sound amazing!! How wonderful. :D

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SUMMER!!! :D

And mine has been busy 8-} Traveling for work, helping the fam, etc. And the few times I've been free, it's been raining. I haven't even been to the pool :(

How is everyone else's summer going?

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm still waiting to get to the lake myself! 8-} My few days I've had to swim have been unseasonably cold, and I just kayaked instead. So, between weather, traveling, work . . . I think that we are sharing a spot in the same boat this summer. ;)

Because, seriously, you cannot officially call it summer until you have gone swimming. Hopefully this weekend I can fill that need. :p

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Exactly!! Alas, I won't be able to make it to the pool this weekend. And it's rained every day this week :( I hope the water warms up for you!

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Happy summer! [:D]

Oh my goodness, I'm envious of you Mira. I wish I could go kayaking right now. :p The one major thing I miss about Ontario are the lakes (not gonna lie, Lake Huron is awesome :cool: ). We've had a lot of very hot weather (hot for us) in Calgary lately (there were a few days last week where we had +30 C weather, which is not particularly pleasant for a lot of us). The whole time I wished I could just go jump in the lake, but alas... not so many nice, accessible lakes for swimming here... :(

I had a show premiere (oooh, I'm finally at a level where I can say that, it's exciting! :p ) last night at an emerging artist festival. Three more runs to go. And I delivered a lecture yesterday on fandom and cyberculture, in which I spoke at length about fan fiction, so that was fun. If I can find a way to make the classroom geeky, I will do it. :p

Nyota's Heart and Admiral Volshe like this.
  23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow! Congratulations on both; that's awesome!! [:D]

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, a big ol' congratulations from me too, Idri. That is so, so cool!! :D [face_dancing][:D]

And I know what you mean - I don't know what I would do without my lakes and waterways, especially when the weather gets toasty. I'm totally spoiled where I live, that's all I have to say. :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww, thanks!!! [:D]

I actually had a really odd experience when I was researching for my lecture. I got a book out of the university library titled Using the Force: Creativity, Community and Star Wars Fans, by Will Brooker. The book was published back in 2001, but the author interviews people from the Star Wars fan community including people from TheForce.Net boards (meaning fan fiction authors and community members from here). This was 4 years before I joined, but I still saw a familiarity in the community as I was reading research about it, which was extremely bizarre, but also incredibly fun.