"Lost Light" - A New FanFic by Cassia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Trika_Kenobi, Feb 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Such a heavy decision for Qui-Gon to make, poor guy.
    Great post btw.
  2. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    This is sooo Cool!! cool.gif Please, don't make us wait too long for more.
  3. Kim-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Trika-kenobi, if you are reading this could you please e mail me (I dont want to talk over the post. There is something I would like to ask you. My e mail address is :
    mailto:bongsunkim@yahoo.com">bongsunkim@yahoo.com

PLEASE E MAIL ME

Sorry everyone else for this post I beg for your forgiveness.
  4. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Obi-Wan rubbed his weary, useless eyes.

"Hey," Sheena?s voice alerted Obi-Wan to her presence. He realized he must be tired if he had not sensed her before he heard her.

Obi-Wan set down the heavy fuel drum he was toting, giving his aching muscles a rest, and turned to see what she wanted.

Sheena glanced around furtively to see that no one else was about. The silvery overtones of her creamy skin took on an even paler hue under the glare of the huge lights that lit up the storage yard. Most Driosnians looked fairly humanoid, which had enabled Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to be mistaken for native Driosnians. But Sheena was of the Inui minority, who were set apart by their silver-hued skin and bi-colored hair. For this reason, the Drojan party viewed them as sub-human. Although Obi-Wan could not have seen them to know, a good deal of the Prison Camp?s population had been Inui. Most of them there for no reason other than their race.

Other than the stacks of fuel drums, the electric fencing and Obi-Wan, the Storage yard was essentially deserted; the other workers had already been allowed to retire for the night. Only Obi-Wan was made to work late by himself, again. Sheena was still cautious however, she knew that a night-overseer could pop by at any time.

"Here," Sheena slid a warm thermos into Obi-Wan?s hands. Obi-Wan didn?t question, but drank deeply. The drink was warm and tasted nutty. Obi-Wan noticed that it also had stimulating qualities, which perked his lagging strength up a bit. "Thanks," he whispered, sliding the empty mug back to her. He decided he had judged her too harshly the first time he met her. Sheena had a quick and thoughtless tongue, but she had a good heart too.

"There was some kaff left over in the kitchen," she explained in a quick, hushed whisper. "I saw that you were still out here, so I thought you might like some before I went to bed."

"You didn?t have to do that, but thank you," Obi-Wan wiped his mouth on his sleeve and hoisted the drum again. The fuel had been dropped off earlier that day. It was to be stored for use in the cold season. There was enough here to keep the whole mansion and all its sub-buildings heated the entire winter. Obi-Wan knew it was probably going to take him all night to move the whole lot into the shed at the back of the storage area where the fuel was stored, but he also knew it had better be done by morning or the overseer would punish him again.

"No problem," Sheena shrugged her slim shoulders, trotting after Obi-Wan as he walked the by now familiar path to the fuel shed. "I figured we kinda got off on the wrong foot the other day and thought that maybe we could start over again." Sheena had not failed to note that the color of her skin had not made Obi-Wan treat her any different than anyone else. That was rare for a Driosian. Beneath Sheena?s tough exterior, she was lonely. Especially since coming to this place. Even if Obi-Wan was a kid compared to her, young company was better than no company.

"Sounds good to me," Obi-Wan agreed, setting the drum down with the others and sparing time to give her a pleasant, if weary, smile before heading back out for another.

"So do you have to move all of them tonight?" Sheena asked, marveling at the size of the task.

Obi-Wan nodded grimly, hoisting another drum onto his shoulder. "Unfortunately."

"That?s going to take all night!"

"Tell me something I don?t already know," Obi-Wan thought wearily. It wouldn?t be the first night?s sleep he had missed in the past week, for one reason or another.

"You really must have made them angry. You gotta be more careful," she shook her head, trotting after him again. "Don?t take so many risks. When they give you a assignment they say they want done immediately, don?t make them wait a half hour for you to get back," Sheena advised. The age difference between them made her feel big sisterly towards Obi-Wan, even though she hardly knew him. It was her way.

Obi-Wan wondered if Sheena was going to go to bed, or if she was just going to follow him around all night. He knew that she meant
  5. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another excellent post. Thank you!!!!!!!!
  6. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    Oooo, keep going!! I want to stay ahead of the discussion list this is also being posted at. It's taking forever there and I want to know how this ends! cool.gif
  7. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why do I fear that Obi-Wan cannot keep up this charade forever? He's been through so much, and while the move from the camps keeps him from the physical labor, here he is under closer observation. Oh dear oh dear.
  8. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    I second Knight Obi Wan's concern. I have a feeling things may get alot worse again before he gets out of there.
  9. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Aaagghh! You guys are worrying me! What's gonna happen to Obi-Wan?! I hope Qui-Gon can find him quickly! Anyway, I love this story!!
  10. Gaeriel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, no more story yet? I was hoping I could find out what happens to Obi-Wan....
  11. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    This story not only has a well thought out plot that grabs your attention, but it is so beautifully written. More please!!!!!!!!!!
  12. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!
  13. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh oh! Trika must have been kidnapped by those evil basketball players again! I hope she manages to escape soon, cause I need more story!!
  14. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Yall have no idea. MUHAHAHAAAHAAA

LOL Thats my quote from me. LOL
    I just finished reading this story last night at the other site. WONDERFUL story.
    SOOOO good.
    But our Obi pulls through as he always does.
    LOL
    BUT before that. MUAHAHAAHAA.
    Enough said.
  15. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    ::jerks upright::

Other site?!? This is posted somewhere in its entirety?!?

I wann know how it ends!!!!!!

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
  16. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    The whole story is somewhere else? I don't have to wait? Oh, please, please, let me know where to find it!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm reduced to begging!!!
  17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now now, Yall know I can't tell yall that.
    MUHAAHAAAHAA *sithly laugh*
    I mean that would be rude of me. Then no one would read it on here anymore. No. SOrry Can't tell. heheeehee.
    The force was with me when I found that other site.
    Tons of JA fanfic and GOOD too. LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    Be patient my young Padawan Learner.

I mean patince is a Jedi attribute, so you can learn it on this thread. heehehee

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 03-24-2000).]
  18. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan of all Jedi, I never would have thought it would be you to be so sithy

Ah well, patience is a virtue I suppose....::hitting the search engines::
  19. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    You could just be sneaky about it and send the URL to me by email? &lt;making pleading, begging eyes&gt;
  20. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Evil basketball players? Sure 'nough!
    "Thank you, that will be all," Verjl dismissed the two men in the smart green uniforms. They clicked their heels, gave a short bow and left.

"Administrator," a young man with short-cut blonde hair handed Verjl a sheet of flimsy. He wore the dark blue uniform of an aide. "This needs your signature sir," he said.

Verjl scribbled his initials at the bottom and the youth left, leaving Qui-Gon and Verjl alone in Verjl?s office. Verjl finished jotting something down and then turned to Qui-Gon. "What did you think Jinn, about those two Officers?" he asked.

"I sensed greed, ambition, fear, but nothing unusual," Qui-Gon replied truthfully. Although he was afraid the Administrator had a higher opinion of just how much the Jedi could read out of a three-minute encounter than was justifiable.

Verjl smiled dryly. "No, not very unusual for this Party." That wasn?t exactly what Qui-Gon had meant, but it was still true.

Qui-Gon?s brow creased slightly in thought. "Who was that last young man, the one who brought the flimsies for you to sign?" he asked.

"Brun?" Verjl seemed a little surprised by the question. "He?s my nephew and one of my top aides, why?"

"Perhaps nothing," Qui-Gon said slowly. He shifted his casts a little within the loose sleeves of the navy-blue aide?s uniform Verjl had had made for him. His arms were on the mend, but they still ached dully from time to time. "It?s just a feeling, but I would not trust him with more information than he need know. I sensed much ambition in him, enough to motivate him to whatever ends was necessary to achieve it."

Verjl seemed thoughtful, that certainly described Brun to a tee, he had simply never thought of that as dangerous before... "I will keep that in mind Jinn," he said, passing out of the room and into the hall beyond.

"Is there any word of Obi-Wan yet?" Qui-Gon asked as Verjl picked his way down the construction-littered hall.

"Not yet," Verjl said, stepping to avoid a pile of wallboard and lightly bumping his head on the overhang of a ladder. "Blast this construction," Verjl thought, rubbing his head. Under a new assignment from the Krallnorn, he had just moved to this house. However, it was not fully finished being built and construction work still jammed up a good deal of the hallways that were as yet uncompleted. Verjl knew he would never see this place finished, but that was the least of his worries. At least all the activity provided a cover for the unauthorized comings and goings that needed to take place prior to his important trip. It also lent stability to the notion that he was just settling in and not about to go anywhere.

"I?ve widened the search to include a broader spectrum of areas and I?m contacting some friends of mine in other districts. We?ve got to be careful Jinn; we mustn?t look as if we are actively searching for this boy. It would draw attention and we-" Verjl never got to finish, for a ruckus down the hall made them change course to investigate.

Brun, the two Officials they had just seen and several guards had a man by the arms and a struggle was ensuing.

"Administrator!" Brun snapped to attention when he saw his uncle approaching. "This man has no authorization to be here sir!"

"I know this man Administrator," one of the Officers interjected. "He is one of the resistance leaders. I am placing him under arrest, with your permission of course Administrator," the man deferred by formality.

"Of course Dheli," Verjl agreed easily. "Underground scum, doesn?t deserve to live," he commented coldly. For a brief moment he locked eyes with the prisoner. "I?m sorry Daikin," he thought.

"Do it," his friend?s eyes seemed to say in reply. Then Daikin spit at Verjl, screaming obscenities against him, the Krallnorn and the entire Drojan party.

Before anyone else could react to this, Verjl pulled the small blaster he wore on his hip and shot the prisoner through the throat. Daikin?s body slummed to the ground, lifeless.

It had happened so fast that even Qui-Gon was a bit shocked
  21. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
  22. Padmegirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wooooooooooohoooo keep it comin'!
  23. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since the story is already written, how about another post....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Must be beg?
  24. naw ibo Force Ghost

star 5
    More, please. If it's already finished elsewhere, why don't you post more often . No need for this 3 days between posts thing. LOL!
  25. The Red One Jedi Padawan

Trika_Kenobi, just one question if I may:
    It seems to me that Verjl is based on Darth Vader character. Somewhat. Comments?

-Red
    BTW I read the story on QGJDL and then found this thread where it goes much farther. Woohoo!
    Do go on. Soon. Quickly.

-Red, the ever-hungry fanfic reader
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.