main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lost Season 2 Discussion (This will contain Major Spoiler)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by JediWolst23, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    And all the others don't?

It's clear that they've all had trauma before boarding that flight. Why is Charlie any different?

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Because of what he's gone throught while on the island. Since the plane crashed he's:
    Gone through withdrawl
    Been kidnapped by Ethan
    Been hung from a tree by his neck and almost died.
    Killed a man (admittedly it was Ethan but it had an obvious effect on him)
    Had a wound cauterised by gunpowder.
    Been tormented by the fact that there's a mssive drugs stash on the island.
    Been punched by Locke
    Disowned by the rest of the Losties (bar Sayid and Eko)

Find me someone else who has gone through as much as him on the island and I'll eat a sock.

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [ Gone through withdrawl
    Been kidnapped by Ethan
    Been hung from a tree by his neck and almost died.
    Killed a man (admittedly it was Ethan but it had an obvious effect on him)
    Had a wound cauterised by gunpowder.
    Been tormented by the fact that there's a mssive drugs stash on the island.
    Been punched by Locke
    Disowned by the rest of the Losties (bar Sayid and Eko)

The last 2 don't count cos they happened after Charlie "turned"

Withdrawal and tormented are both one and the same thing - but that was self-inflicted. It's hard to say a drug addict going through withdrawal is having a hard time, especially when you know he wasn't exactly forced into it in the first place (we've all seen the flashbacks)

A wound cautaurised by gunpowder? Others have had stitches without proper medical equipment, Sawyer got tortured, Claire gave birth. Not much there that others haven't been through

I will give you the being hung from a tree one. Although Claire herself was also kidnapped.

So the only thing that is unique to Charlie is a near death experience on the island. That doesn't explain what he did to Aaron and Sun.

4. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    lol would ya all be bummed out if this show ended up as someone's bad dream? :p

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Only if it was yours :p

6. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    well...

*spoiler! highlight to read*
    it's not mine!

7. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Phew!

I thought my comeback was the worst ever, but you beat me to it

8. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Actually...

that was pretty root tootin' baaaaaddddd!!!!

9. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] @ hal and tk!

charlie brought everything on himself. he is a sad case and deserves everything he gets, and deserves no sympathy.

10. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Good new episode, so the button is unimportant according to the new video. There were cuts in the video to. Eko and Locke will decide something big

The preview for next week:
    We get to find out what happened to michael whilst he was away

I wonder what the thing off the beach is

Without a doubt there will be a huge cliffhanger at the end before the season 2 final

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    1. Locke punched Charlie when he was going loopy, not when he was all "I'll go kidnap lil Asian hottie" because he wanted to get back at Locke for punching him. Similarly, he was disowned after nabbing Aaron (which I'm not saying is a good thing to do may I say).

2. While withdrawl was brought upon by himself, you cannot say, even if it is self inflicted, that it didn't effect him in some way. It all adds up in the end.

3. Stitches are nothing. I give Sawyers (and Sayids even though you didn't mention it) torture. Claire giving birth, while painful and not done in the most ideal of places, is still a natural process that happens every day.

4. Claire was kidnapped and kept in a cushy hatch. Sure she was gonna get her baby taken from her and was drugged up for most of it, but other than that she was treated fairly well.

Something of note, Chalrie has been treated a lot worse than, ya know, the murderer!

EDIT:
    Also, very good episode this week. Ickle ? found, biggun still to go. I also like how it's now cool to act like Jack-ass now Locke! Go back to being how you were in Season One and the beginning of Season 2 you baldy hypocrite!

BTW, what are peoples favourite characters in order? After that last episode Hurley has gone up massively in my books, as well as Michael (kudos for killing Ana! Badness for killing Libby though, but then looking like a badass at the end is kudos again):
    Sawyer > Charlie > Locke/Eko > Hurley > Michael

12. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Good episode this week with a shocking ending.

All set up nicely for the finale next week.

13. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Anyone seen season 2, episode 22 yet?

If not, stop reading now!

Can't believe they found another hathch!

Lock seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown and Ecko looks like he's going to take over the button pushing duties.

Felt so sorry for Hurley. Hope they find out about Michael and the big man gets his revenge!

Yet more interesting revelations from the induction video in the new hatch (nicknamed the Pearl). Looks like the button pushing thing is nothing more than an experiment of some kind, an experiment to give the observers in the Pearl something to record and study. But were they in turn being watched??

More to be revealed I think!

Still, its building up nicely to a big end of season climax.

14. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    But you are talking about episode 21 notsowelshguy! It was interesting with Pearl, and also the new name for the bloke on the video, but Eko believes the button pressing is important, and relegion is something to do with the story, it has always seemed so. Eko and Locke are two halves of the same coin, while one believes in christianty the other believes in fate.

And as for 22, well that is interesting. Why do they want them 4 people? What are they doing to Walt? Is Walt just performing an act for them to get Micheal on their side? Boat? Boat? One that possibly could take part in a round the world yatch race perhaps?

Also, going back to the discussion Must and Hal was having, I got thinking about the withdrawal thing with Charlie. Mainly because I don't think Charlie can have any special treatment, in agreement with Hal their, but also because he might not be the only person suffering withdrawal. I can't rememeber in any of the flashbacks, but surely it is highly likely that one of them was once a smoker? Sawyer would be high on my bets as a smoker.

15. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    ep 22:

why do they want those 4 people (echoing rambles)?

walt tried to warn micheal that they were only pretending, but he didn't listen: :oops: . he knows he is leading the 4 on the list into a trap but is blindly doing so in order to get walt back. how does he know that he can beleive the others when they say he will get walt back? this is going to backfire on him i reckon, especially when the cavalry (saiid) comes to the rescue when it all kicks off at the others' camp site. anyone reckon micheal is going to get killed?

sawyer gets all the best lines too, "pippy longstockings and the grape ape"!! lmao!!

where is locke heading off to at the end?

where the hell did the boat come from?

how many episodes are there in this season? 24? i have read that in the finale we get to find out what caused the plane to crash and what the button does (when the numbers are entered).

16. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I believe the last episode is next week, Wednesday 24th. If they follow suit with the first season, it will be a double episode to round it all off for another season.

17. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    That is correct Jairen

18. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    THE BIG FINALE TONIGHT!!!

I can't wait. I'm gonna do an all nighter to get the download going at 5am or whenever it gets put up.

19. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    just watched the two final episodes.

:eek: <--------- this face cannot be used enough.

as one question gets answered, two more get asked.

we now know why the plane crashed in the first place, what happens when the button doesn't get pressed, and how desmond got onto the island.

libby!! how did she get from rich widow, to the funny house, to australia?

how did the american cia dude who interviewed sayiid get onto the island?

what was the statue about? a giant foot? four toes? what?

are locke eko and desmond dead? (somehow i doubt it)

are jack sawyer and kate in deep cacky? (i doubt that too. the others are the good guys remember? :p )

i do hope that michael's boat explodes killing him and walt the treacherous scumbag.

what exactly has desmond's ex got to do with it all?

lost is the best tv show ever. this could run and run forever.

20. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    well desmonds ex is looking for him because she is in love

a few huge cliffhangers what was all the noise and light

Charlie doesnt seem that bothered about the hatch

Bring on October for Season 3

21. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm still waiting for mine. Had the download going for 14 hours and it's done 90%. Hopefully it will finish at around 12 or 1am so I can watch them tonight.

22. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    october?!?!?!?!

:_|

EDIT: yeah, desmond's mrs is in love with him, but it ended with her answering the phone. her dad is loaded, so maybe he has something to do with the darma initiative and had plans for desmond with regards to the island, which is why he warned him off his daughter. everyone who is on that island is connected somehow, and has been "chosen" to survive by some higher power.

23. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Best.Finalie.Evar.

Her dad is Charles Widmore.

Widmore Labs is connected very much to the stuff going on in the show...

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore

He said he joined Dharma, from what it looks like he was actualy stationed at that hatch rather than just being a person who happened to turn up there aka like Desmond and Locke.

24. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Okay, that was quite some show. Big questions, and a few answers here and there. Now something got me thinking, Desmond knows Libby and get the boat. Libby was shown to be in the same psyche ward of Hurley. Hurley was in there because his weight broke something that killed some people. Hurley had an imaginary friend called Dave (it was dave wasn't it, if not all this is worthless), and Libby's dead husband was called David.

Also has anyone noticed how Micheal doesn't connect to anyone else in the show in the backflashes?

25. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    Great finale. I was spooked when the light and sound shrouded everything.

That 'ultimate theory' that says the whole planet (except from those on the Island) had died due to a cataclysmic magnetism event has been proved partly incorrect as, for the first time, we've seen other people elsewhere in the world (those Russians and Desmond's wife).

This year is going so fast, October will be here in no time. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.