main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST Season 2 (non spoiler)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Twinky_Stryder, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    nice finale ?

No.

We know absolutely nothing about everything. No questions answered, or even hinted at - just more nonsense that will force me into watching the new season (whenever it starts).

Firstly, before last night it hadn't occured to me that I didn't know why the plane crashed - I didn't care. I was more bothered by the giant polar bears, dinosaurs and floating black clouds of doom. We've had nothing about any of those mentioned for some time, and it appears the writers have dropped these story lines in favour of the hatch and the others.

So, what's to stop them 'forgetting' about the hatch and the others in the next season, and focus on something totally unrelated - new people, or some roman ruins or something.

I'm telling you now that this is the new Twin Peaks, and we're not going to get any answers. The writers are going to write themselves into a corner, and be left with the only option of writing something totally bizarre and surreal to finally end the show.

That's exactly what happened with Twin Peaks and sent the dedicated view into a fit of histerics because they felt totally let down by the final episodes and the conclusion to the show in general.

They are left in the situation where a "Disney" ending (ie they all get saved) won't satisfy the fans, and neither will a bizarre twisted ending either.

Stop watching now, and lessen the pain of future seasons.

2. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    There's nothing that would make me stop watching this show.

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    According to various Lost websites the writers say they have material to last 9 seasons (or 3/4 of a year on the island) They haven't forgotten about the polar bear or anything like that and the explainations for them will be coming in the next season.

The hatches are still to play a large part in the forthcoming season (To what extent they won't reveal) but the next season is to give us more background on "the others" who according to "Henry" are the "Good guys".

Good as opposed to???? and why are they so concerned about getting the "good" people from the survivors?

The fate of Locke, Eko and Desmond are to be revealed in episode 3 of season 3 according to Lost.com but Locke is the only person to appear on a season 3 poster so far out of the 3 of them. None of them however have confirmed if they are signed up for season 3 though so their fates are very much in the open.

The midsection of the plane is to talked about next season as well and there is to be more romance in the air as they've now been on the island for 2 months.

Nothing spoiler wise for season 3 has really been released on that basis so regardless how much searching I've done I'm still clueless at to what season 3 is to bring (I know more about season 6 of 24 than I do Lost).

I agree with Malks regarding the Twin Peaks aspect but I think the writers will avoid the Twin Peaks hole at the end and I feel Lost will have a satisfactory but open ending.

Does anyone else now think that some people in the outside world now have an idea on where the island may be with Desmonds bird getting that call and the recieving station clearly not being on the island (I've definately not seen any hint of snow)?

4. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    RSA Edit: Season three spoilers moved to here

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    erm....non-spoiler?

Can you delete and repost in the Series 3 spoiler thread :)

6. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Wrong.

1. We found out what crashed the plane.
    2. We found out what the hatch was for. (we didnt even know that it did anything before)
    3. We found out who was leading the others.
    4. We found out what happened to Desmond after he went running out into the jungle.
    5. We found out who Kelvin was.
    6. We found out who drew the map on the wall.
    7. We found out that Desmond didnt actualy own his boat, but was only borrowing it.
    8. We found out that Libby is one hell of a wierd character.
    9. We found out that people are actualy looking for people on the island. (well, desmond anyway)

Yes there might be more questions in those answers but what do you expect the writers to solve everything in the season 2 finalie when there is going to be about 9 seasons? With possibly a movie ending?

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Ummm, they answered a lot questions in that episode.
    1. What ahppens when you don;t press the button
    2. Why the plane crashed (this has been on a lot of peoples minds)
    3. What happened to Desmond
    4. Who Kelvin was.
    5. Who made the hatch map.
    6. What happened to Henry Gale
    7. Whether or not the Swan or the Pearl was the experiment.

Sure, they answer a lot more questions than they answer, but that's what makes the show interesting, at least for me.

8. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Hah we both posted practicaly the same thing one min apart. :p

9. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Great minds think alike I guess.

Also, I read in a recent interview with the writers, they have enough material for 4 to 5 seasons, and that was in this months SFX. I really dunno where this 9 seasons thing has come from. 5 seasons seems a good number for me.

10. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Eek

Sorry Hal. :(

I was so caught up in finding out info that I forgot some people might noe want to know. But I always thought that info that was brought out in between seasons was free game and didn't matter.

But yeah, if that could be put in the season three spoiler thread. I can't do it, but THE MAN (mods) could.

11. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    1. We found out what crashed the plane.

No we haven't. That's just an assumption.

2. We found out what the hatch was for. (we didnt even know that it did anything before)

No we haven't.

3. We found out who was leading the others.

No we haven't - that's just an assumption. I'd put money on the plot twisting and showing some (as yet unseen) person rules the others.

4. We found out what happened to Desmond after he went running out into the jungle.

Yes, but that's hardly a major point to the plot. He's been nothing more than a slight side character.

5. We found out who Kelvin was.

Reasonably irrelevant.

6. We found out who drew the map on the wall.

Does that actually matter ?

7. We found out that Desmond didnt actualy own his boat, but was only borrowing it.

Does that actually matter ?

8. We found out that Libby is one hell of a wierd character.

There are so many inconsistencies and plot holes with this character - don't get me started ;)

9. We found out that people are actualy looking for people on the island. (well, desmond anyway)

No we don't. That's nothing but an assumption based on the last sequence in the episode. They could be looking for sub-artic oil deposits for all we know.

If you honestly believe that she's still looking for him, and that her research crew are using the electromagnetic disturbance to 'locate' him then please explain why she knows he's on an island with a magic machine capable of generating this disturbance. He hasn't been home since leaving the island to tell anyone.

What is she using to find him exactly?

Yes there might be more questions in those answers but what do you expect the writers to solve everything in the season 2 finalie when there is going to be about 9 seasons? With possibly a movie ending?

The 9 seasons thing is just a rumour. I've heard there were going to be no more than 4 seasons made.

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    You heard there would be 4 seasons.

Isn't that also a rumour :p

13. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    which is the point I was making ;) A rumour is nothing more than a rumour.

edit

I wasn't trying to imply that my rumour was in any way superior to anyone else's rumour ;)

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    LOL

But the makers have got their wish. You're still talking about the show :p

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I heard it was 5 seasons.

16. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

up to season my considering to season 5
    Ok heres another set of Questions:

1) Whats the statue for (the large foot with four toes)
    2) WHat happen to Syed
    3) WHat happen to Walts and Micheal
    4) Whos is the Father of Suns Child ( or is she faking it )
    5) IS there another HAtch on the Island other than the 7 that locke drew out
    6) What happen to the Cabin crew (staff) of the plane and Pilots
    7) what are all these hatches for
    8) Is there a connection with the Beared man ,Others ( whos name is Tom) and
    James Ford ( Sawyer) - and no i don't mean Tom shooting Sawyer at the end of season1
    9) Cindy what happen to her
    10) The French women
    11) the Smoky Monster
    12) ...and why are theyt on this Island !

17. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    No we don't. That's nothing but an assumption based on the last sequence in the episode. They could be looking for sub-artic oil deposits for all we know.

If you honestly believe that she's still looking for him, and that her research crew are using the electromagnetic disturbance to 'locate' him then please explain why she knows he's on an island with a magic machine capable of generating this disturbance. He hasn't been home since leaving the island to tell anyone.

What is she using to find him exactly?

Isnt everything assumption on this show though, or pretty much 95% of it? I mean this show isnt one where they give things to you stright, thats what makes it so good, you have to keep guessing.

Penelope Widmore> Charles Widmore> Widmore Corporation> financed> DHARMA Initiative> via> The Hanso Foundation> The Island> Swan Hatch> Desmond

If you need that to be more explained, just ask. :p

Edit: 6) What happen to the Cabin crew (staff) of the plane and Pilots - They all died, didnt you watch the first 2 episodes?

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    iirc it was a case of

Pilot stuck in chair but alive with Jack moving to help

Growl

Plane shakes

Pilot disappears up through smashed window as he tries to climb out and escape

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    The only member of the cabin crew that survived was Cindy, and she later got snatched by the Others.

20. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    No i didn't I watch the last two episode of season 1

21. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I forgot about the pilots getting eaten - har har :D

Isnt everything assumption on this show though, or pretty much 95% of it? I mean this show isnt one where they give things to you stright, thats what makes it so good, you have to keep guessing.

I totally agree, which is why I was having an angry rant earlier ;)

Penelope Widmore> Charles Widmore> Widmore Corporation> financed> DHARMA Initiative> via> The Hanso Foundation> The Island> Swan Hatch> Desmond

That does make sense, however, Desmond disappeared off on a boat to participate in a race. There's no a priori reason for her to know Desmond is in the hatch, on the island - even if it was funded by her father.

22. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Well Penelope did also say that "With enough money and determination you can find anyone".

And she's pretty darn determined.

23. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Maybe she doesnt know that Desmond is actualy in the hatch per-say but simply knows that he went missing during the race that her father organised, and she knows that her father hates Desmond. So following this course she tried to find out what happened to Desmond, which in turn lead to her investigating her fathers comapny, which lead to the hanso foundation, which lead to... etc etc. :p Its a stretch but its probably the right assumption. :D

24. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    that is a big stretch, but given that seemingly the lives of all of the island inhabitants have crossed over prior to being on the island - nothing is impossible.

25. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Yea I mean isnt it 'assumed' that Claire is Jack's half-sister now or something? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.