main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lost: Season 3 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GeneralGrievous1, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

G_Lucas_8_my_hamster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Yes. That's why I said it as 'Dharma' (the Hostiles) instead of just Dharma. It's probably easier to know them as 'Dharma' or the Others (which really isnt used as much now) but not the term the original Dharma called them i.e. the Hostiles. They were revealed not to be the original Dharma the episode before last- assuming that the Dharma employees we seen being killed in that episode were actually the very original Dharma. And yet again there opens another backstory as to what the Hostiles were on the island and where they came from plus what were the original Dharma doing and now what are 'Dharma' doing.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You probably just summed up the next 3 seasons there, hamster ;)

3. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    It's getting so difficult to avoid spoilers for the finale. If i'm not acciddently bumping into them on the net, they're being blurted to me by mates even though i've told them to shut up :rolleyes:

4. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    24 is on Monday night and LOST is Wednesday night.

5. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
    Forgot to say in my last post that I think something will happen to Rose or her husband or both- like probably die. Why else introduce them again after being out of it for ages (which is a bit strange as they never even seemed to be at meetings etc where ya can bet Rose would be airing her opinions) other than to maybe have something happen to them. Maybe.

6. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Well my head hurts after that

I can't believe - huge cliffhanger

I mean i don't know were to begin

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm a bit freaked out.

How are they meant to get back to the island???

And I'm assuming Locke and the Others stayed there.

8. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    General

Am sure you will have your own questions and theories, but I really need to write this as it will cleat things up for me. I have put it into little sections.

That is what you call a finale ? deaths, love, mystery a HUGE cliff-hanger and Walt !!!

Flash-forward story

Could the foreshadow be a what might happen ? if they get off the island and not what is going to happen. Jack is flying everywhere and wants to get back to the island but why. Who got off the island? WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Jacks Dad

During the story of Jack we see references to the his dad

Yeah... Jack knows his dad is dead, but he doesn't realize it... He is on some really heavy medication! So I definitely think that jack is twisted in his head... Obsessed about the island and getting back to it!

So yeah... I think Jack knows his dad is dead, and that is why he got mad when people mentioned his name! Like when the pharmacist told him that she needed to call his father... Jack got angry because he knows he is dead, but he doesn't want anyone else to know it!

The Funeral

I have two theories on who it is in the coffin.

I was thinking maybe it was Ben because Jack might feel guilty about what he did to Ben and that he was wrong. No idea how he would've died off of the island though.

Also I think when Kate said "he'll be wondering where I am" that was a reference to Sawyer and that Kate ends up with him.

What a bout John Locke? He didn?t want to get off the island as he knew he would lose the use of his legs again.

Maybe he committed suicide and after he tired to jeopardise the rescues, ?m not surprised no-one turned up as this funeral.

The only person would be Jack because he realised that John was right after all, that he should have stayed on the island

But the coffin was small ? so maybe a child

Ben

I think he was telling the truth about Naomi and the boat and something will happen to the losties. Am interested to find out about the Temple that he has sent to the others too. This must be linked to the four toed statue we saw. So more history of the island please.

I think Ben is great and Jack should have listened to him ? but ah well.

Charlie Dying

I think we know that he was going to die but I have heard a few things like why didn?t he swim out the whole. So?.

Hydrodynamics were in effect.
    a 12 inch hole 10 feet below the surface will let in 30,000 gallons a minute.
    NO ONE could swim through that. + the amount of energy it would take to swim through the hole and up to the surface would cause him to drown.

also, I believe the hatch only had handles on the inside. so he couldn't have closed the hatch from out side where Desmond was.

Mikael

Is this guy Superman I mean a spear through the heart and surviving a grenade blast.

Walt

I don?t think its Walt I think it?s a vision that Locke has had.

Penny

The boat obviously is not hers ? so therefore who?s is it and what do they want to do with the island. I smell trouble coming. I thought it was great that Charlie automatically tuned into the frequency on which she was on.

Other General Stuff

Hurley was great in it
    The convo between Sawyer and Juliet was amusing
    The mother and daughter moment between Danielle and Alex was a long time coming
    Sawyer is now ruthless
    More people should have died

The future of Lost

I personally don?t want more flash forward moments ? it just hurts my head. There is still too much on the island that has to be explained on the Island, there is just so much more we need to see. I also hope we see the island from the view of the others a bit more. I hope we open the fourth season on the island were we left off.

What could happen in the coming seasons is that the cast is all on the mainland and the flashbacks are then back on the islands.

As for the flash-forward am going with the theory ? this is what might happen.

Bring on February ? now I must go and watch the finale again.

Thank You for reading!

9. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    Just finished watching it and all I can say is...wth?

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Average Lost season finale really :p

11. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
    Just finished watching it and.. what an anti-climax! Naff springs to mind. So they survive. The end. Dont think it needs any/many more series after that silly flash forward- unless ya wanna know how they do it etc (though my opinion might change after watching it again and getting over the disappointment). For me Lost was about wondering if they ever got off the island- and finding out some of its mysteries but mainly wondering if they ever got off it. Such a let down in my opinion. I guess Michael and Walt are probably on that boat off-shore.

The only thing thats bugging me is that if thats in teh future and he mentions his dad who's dead then whats that about? Is Jack just mixed up or is he not really dead and part of the whole thing? Or a possible future? Ack well. Didnt really go out with a bang- more of a fizzle (must remember to ignore the 'next week trailers' now!). So much I wasnt even bothered seeing Charlie die (possibly).

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    If there's 3 more seasons, something has to happen.

13. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    Yeah there's a long way to go yet - 48 whole episodes so surely they won't be being resuced any time soon.

Hammy, I thought it was something of an anti-climax too, it was an awesome finale overall but to end it where they did leaves much to be desired. When 'LOST' appeared on the screen after the flash forward I was disappointed (as well as confused and stunned) that it had ended in such a way. And now we have to wait til FEBRUARY for more! Yes, the cast/crew deserve a holiday but surely that's too much of a break! They probably won't start filming again until November!

I'm gonna let the finale sink in and read the Lost forums for a day or two before even trying to wrap my head around that finale and the 'flash forward'

P.S - who was in the Coffin? My guess: Ben

14. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
  15. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    You nearly gave me a heart attack there hammy, hope you're satisfied :p

16. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
  17. GeneralGrievous1

Feb 6, 2005
    Season 4 seems such a long time away, I mean there's gonna be another Christmas before we see it again and the last one only seemed a couple of months ago!

Gonna be a painful wait but seems small in comparison to those 3 year waits between the prequels!

18. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm saying it's Juliette in the coffin. I also had a theory that one of the people in the looking glass was Ben's little girlfriend from when he was a boy and that's why he didn't want anyone going down there. Guess that was debunked.

19. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006

i assume you hate the order in which G. Lucas made the star wars saga?

thats not a bad idea...how was it debunked? isnt it still possible, i wanna know what happens to that little girl!

PS! the coffin was deffo one of four people imo: locke, ben, sawyer, michael

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Locke: No. If anything, he stayed on the island.

Ben, Possibly.

Sawyer, Doubt it. Who do you think Kate's shacked up with???

Michael: Probably not.

21. elbertino

Jun 2, 2006
    My reasons for these are kate's line along the lines of: "Why the hell would i go to his funeral jack?"

a) he may have had to leave/island destroyed etc. (kate certainly would dislike locke for persistently trying to keep them on the island

b) ben. she isnt a massive fan.

c) he could have conned her or something (i assumed that he was who she meant by 'get back to'). but i dunno, i just feel like things may not turn out great for these two.

d) michael betrayed her and the losties in series 2 and she may not be forgiving to the guy.

yeah maybe not. i was hypothesising in a lostdaze.

on a different subject: where did hurley get the dharma van from? i cant remember him ever coming into contact with one.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    That was the one they found a few episodes back and Charlie thought he'd beaten the visions of him dying (also the one Ben left after he'd killed his dad).

23. elbertino

Jun 2, 2006
    rings a bell. i only watched the latest few this weekend after waiting a while. kinnae remember much.

ive been watching the first eps again, gonna go through them until february. it all seems so different!

24. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
    Now why would I do that? Think carefully before replying to that question.

25. elbertino

Jun 2, 2006
    i feel like im wakling into trouble saying this.
    anyway, i just thought what you said was similar to how starwars was done. whats the point in any more episodes now we know what happens to jack/kate. (luke/leia/vader) theres so much we dont know about, who gets off, how they do, whether people (locke/ben etc) stay on the island and live. we dont even know if that was the ending or whether that is a possible ending/whatever.

what you said just reminded me of the starwars saga, i wasnt insulting. just observing

(whatever happened to the others' 'whispers' and them wearing rags?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.