main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive LOST: Silent Voyage

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediDingo, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    LOST: Silent Voyage

On September 22nd, 2004 Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 took off from Sydney en route to Los Angeles. 324 passengers boarded through Gate 23, unaware of what was about to happen to them. Approximately six hours into the flight, 815 began experiencing trouble with their radio. When they has lost contact with the ground, pilot Seth Norris decided to alter the course and turn back towards Fiji. Almost two hours later, more than one thousand miles of course, the plane hit extremely violent turbulence.

Out of the 324 passengers on the plane, only 48 survived. Most of these survivors believed that they were simply taking the plane to reach a detestation. However, deep down, most of them were actually running. Running from their past, running from who they were, and who they feared to become. Not only are they lost on an island in the South Pacific, they are lost in who they are as people. On this Island they will learn that they can have a clean slate and start over...if they can survive the pearls of the Island.

Welcome to LOST: Silent Voyage! This RPG is placed within the amazing universe of Lost and beginning as the show did, with the crash of Oceanic Flight 815. However there will be a major difference with this RPG from the show that we have all come to love. ALL characters will be ORGINAL CHARACTERS. This is an Alternate Universe LOST RPG. No Jack, no Sawyer, and no Kate. This is a ?What if? some different people boarded the plane and crashed on the island. So please, please, please try to make your character as original as possible. Do not have your character be a spinal surgeon with mother issues, or do not be a con man with the name of Huckleberry seeking revenge on another con man by the same name who killed your parents.

There will be some characters that will remain the same, but I will be taking control of them and introducing them into our story when the time in necessary. I want this RPG to be extremely fun and not restricted by the characters of the show that have already been well crafted.

I will progress the story and will try to have something interesting for every day on the Island. Of course key elements of the show will remain for example: The Monster, The Hatch, The Others, etc, etc. These plot elements will also be introduced by me. So, for example, your first post do not do this:

Tim awoke in the jungle, got up and found that he had landed on a metal hatch in the ground.

That is a no-no.

RULES:
    1.) GM is in charge.
    2.) Respect all of the rules.
    3.) No Godmoding please
    4.) Try to keep it clean. No necessary cussing, etc.
    5.) GMs will control NPCs unless otherwise stated
    6.) Major plot points shall be progressed by the GM.
    7.) GM has the right to negate and void all posts within the RPG
    8.) GM reserves the right to bend time to further the game plot.
    9.) OOCs are allowed but keep em down
    10.) All CS must be PMed to me to approval. (Only accepting 12 characters as of now)

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Nationality:
    Profession:
    Appearance:
    Biography:
    Reason for being on 815:

2. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    I will be moving the story along with my posts, establishing the day, where we are, and what we are doing. If I only start with establishing the day, then you are free to roam around the Island as much as you want. (Though try to be careful, because you never know what may be lurking in the Jungle.) I will by no means try to restrict what you are doing unless it encroaches into an area in the story I do not want to be touched yet. More than likely they'll be several tasks for us to accomplish and you'll be free to roam (If you dare!). There will be moments when I will PM certain people to discover certian things on the Island.

Flashbacks

Flashbacks are to the story telling of Lost. Each of our characters will periodically have a flashback within our posts. Our RPG is going to be split into "parts" if you will. Before I give what day it is and such I will be assigning a character their part of the story and title it like an episode. Through this part of the RPG I require that your character have at least three flashbacks within one of your posts. If this doesn't make sense to you, do not worry because my character will be having their flashback in the first part. You'll understand when you see it. Just trust me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my own Character Sheet.

Name: Marc Walker
    Nationality: United States of America
    White/Caucasian
    Profession: Sales Rep. For Widmore Industries
    Appearance: http://cloverfield.wikia.com/wiki/Image:RobHawkins02.jpg
    Biography: Marc is the younger brother to Jeremy Walker, and younger sister Whitney. Growing up Marc tended to be a shy young boy, and always doing what was asked of him. As he matured and entered High School, Marc began to break out of his shell and develop a more outgoing personality. Marc, with his own sense of witty humor, made several friends in his High School years, some of which he is still in contact with today.

Marc attended New York University and promptly got a job within Widmore Industries after graduating from the University. His job in Los Angeles was that of a sales rep for the company, it's base in England. In Los Angeles he met his future fiance, Megan Fulton. After a year of dating, he asked her to marry him. All was well until recently when Megan went missing in Sydney on a business trip that she went with him. For reasons unknown, Marc believes her to be back in Los Angeles possibly. ( I promise his story is more interesting than this, I just don't want to spoil to much before I have my flashback scenes.)
    Reason for being on 815: To return to Los Angeles in hopes to find his fiance.

3. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    Approved for LordPullus

Name:Aleki Vai'ofa
    Nationality:Tongan-Australian
    Profession: Construction Worker/Former Pro Rugby player.
    Personality:Quiet Humor, with a tinge of Optimism.(Yet has hidden bitterness)

Appearance: Has a rugged look to him that is still considered handsome. Very well built with minor scars from years doing construction. Strong jawline with no facial hair though he wears his hair loosely onto his shoulders.
    Height:6ft 2 in
    Weight:230 lbs
    Eye Color:Dark Brown
    Hair Color:Black

Biography: Aleki Vai'ofa was born to a family of eight becoming the third oldest in a tongan family who lived in Liverpool Australia. His father was a factory worker for many years while his mother stayed home with the kids making sure they attended school, and all church meetings. Coming from a family of five boys and three girls Aleki developed a strong bond with his family members, and was intensely loyal to all. He grew up a normal childhood content with everything though his family wasn't materially rich wich only motivated the him to seek a way to provide a better life for his family. Aleki was always considered atheletic with a sharp mind, and used both skill sets to propel himself as a top rugby prospect out of high school. But fate prevented Aleki from ever reaching his highest potential as two years after he left high school Aleki suffered a substancial chronical injury that forces him to deal with mind numbing migrains.

Aleki then turned to life as a construction worker to make ends meet, and has learned to percevere through his injury with the inner strength that was his as a little child. Though none of his family considers his life a failure Aleki is secretively bitter that he wasn't able to fulfil his potential as an athelete, and only is able to display his frustrations during the most extreme portions of his migrains.

Reason for being on 815: On his to way America to hopefully find a treatment for his ailment, and for a vacation to alieve his mind of all the missed oppurtunities back home.

4. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    GM Approved for SirakRomar

Name: Maria Angela Janssen
    Nationality: German
    Profession: Former Lawyer (Econimist)
    Appearance: She has always been an attractive woman, but the develpoments of her life have left her somehow hardened and her body is more athletic than it has been in the former years.
    Biography: Born poor and underpriviliged Maria has fought her way to the top of society. Being considered a "wunderkind" helped a lot. Leaving behind everything that reminded her of her past in the working classes she single-mindedly turned herself to social ascendancy. When she finally stood on top off things, partner in one of the most wealthy law-firms and having a most charming fiancé everything broke down around her. She was left heartbroken and devastated by the outcome of the realtionship. Rich and depressd she gave herself to the search of a new life as much as she had given herself to her career. Only to find it almost impossible to find a new purpose.

Reason for being on 815: After having seen a TV comcercial she joined a mountain-climbing team in Australia to have some sort of "spiritual experience". But again it turned out she was cheated and she left the crew, heading to the US, as it was the first flight out of Australia.

5. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    Come on now, don't be shy! I need more players! Even if you haven't seen the show, we are starting from the beginning so it doesn't require you watching the show!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.