main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ LOST (speculation only, no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Spoiler's will be shot on sight.

If you are legitimately lost and trying to find the Australian boards, click here ;)

Right, I think it's some kind of 'GE test' island and these polar bear GE mutants are there as some kind of weapon :D

The french woman from 16 years previous will be found eventually and some will escape the island (happy ending is unavoidable).

I'm not sure how or why polar bears are in the pacific, other than some whacked reason ie: x-files (ala JP) or Genetic Modifation / testing.

Hurley can't die, nor can the hot fugitive and the Dr, and the druggy hobit has to survive. {Pregnant chick will most probably die. Bald scar-face white guy seems like some ex-military hard arse, but by the look of the 3rd ep advert, he comes face-to-face.

Seems cool though this far.

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Of cource I had to start watching this show, right when im going to australia...

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    There are about 45 survivors on the island and the focus is on about a dozen (dr, fugitive, baldy, preggo, tubby, al qaeda, asian couple, bro and sis(hot hot), tough whitey..etc)

Thus i want to see the other nobodies start getting eaten (by the monsters or for food like in alive) pretty damn soon. Surely they cant have paid them for too long!

As for wtf is happening on the island who knows, maybe its that island of Jurassic Park 2 LOST world, aye aye see the connection!

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ah, crucial fact. Dinosaurs do not equal GARGANTUAN FREEKING POLAR BEARS.

Now, if this was an island of hot ladies (as per the show (namely 2, 3 if not currently prego) and giants BEERS, now that would be my kinda island.

Seriously though, people do need to be eaten. There are plenty of corpses in the fusalage. There can't be enough tv-dinners for everyone, esp. when tubby is handing them out. :p

I think they need some kind of massive - Swiss Family Robinson tree hut, I always loved that.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The mysterious giant creature is not a polar bear, that much I'm sure of.

And you know at one point the dog will save somebody's life.

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I heard that there are 24 episodes!! And that not even people at TVNZ know what happens...

They should start having Gilligan-type adventures, where they almost get off but good old Gilligan (could be Tubby or that stupid blonde sister) always screws it up and they have to survive another week [face_laugh]

btw, my 300th post in about 2.5 yrs, man i'm a lurker!

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    [I bet you say that to all the ladies.]

ah, JP; valid possibility. The mysterious polar bear is just a diversion for viewers. Though that bear needs an explanation as to it's residence in the pacific!!! Too random if the producers just threw it in and then leave it and never come back to that...

Well, if people don't start getting killed, the dog HAS to. I was expecting them to not find Vincent, but just a foot and the colar or something :p

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The polar bear will probably have been on the plane that crashed 16 years earlier. Transfer to a Zoo or something.

9. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    ^ Possibly, or it could just be a freaky albino bear.....although still doesn't explain how it got there.

Anyone else recognising quite a few of the actors? The Dr is the oldest brother off Party of Five, the guy with the kid i've seen on something and is the old bald guy Major Dad??

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > old bald guy Major Dad

The moustacheod brother from Simon & Simon?

Ummm.... or are you referring to a different character on that show?

11. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    If thats who he means and no it isn't him, major dad starred gerald mcrainey as major john d macgillis.

Terry o'quinn is the bald guy in lost. if you are interested a full cast list can be found @ http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/CastGuide/showid-24313/Lost
    it also has a list of what they have appeared in before too.

personally i think the whole zoo or circus transfer thing could be a possibility but it somehow doesn't seem far fetched enough.

12. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    That list is obviuosly mistaken, he's definitely Major Dad!

The Matrix is where the guy with the son is from i knew i'd seem him somewhere

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Prego chick is the chick from Roswell.

The guy with the HOT sister is a guy from 7th Heaven I think (crap show, but a few hot chicks and I've seen it once or twice - boring days those ones :p)

and I'm sure on some America's most wanted I've seen that al qaeda guy ;) :p :D

14. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    WOW! last nights episode!! bald guy couldn't walk before the crash! Nice work on the boar hunting too pity the boar wasn't a bit more realistic, don't they generally turn around and have another go after goring ya?
    upcoming episodes look interesting, will the doc slide into madness?

15. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    hmmm ... Locke's character is really great. I liked how you just kinda assumed that he was some sort of top-brass military guy, when in fact he was this office drone. And the wheelchair thing was a nice touch.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So, why didn't Locke reveal that he saw the monster?

He obviously got a perfect look at it. And how'd he escape it?

Other thoughts - isn't 6 days a bit soon to cremate all the dead? Gonna make the forensic team's job pretty hard. Also the bodies were good bait for the pigs (and maybe fish). And that fuselage was good shelter. Seems silly to torch it.

They should have just dragged the bodies a kM or two away and buried them.

17. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    yup shoulda put the bodies in the water would have attracted lots of fish.

Locke did mention that he had seen something but I kinda missed it, believe I heard something about it being magic??

18. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I know who the guy in the full suit is.........He's A Mormon those *****Rs will find you no matter where you are

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    /\ sock of our best friend 2DARKWITHINNESS? edit = maybe not, but similar tact. [face_plain]

The lady I'm staying with (jp's mother-in-law) believes the monster has taken the bald guy over and is now him. And the monster is the 'ghosts' the Dr is seeing, trying to pry him away from the group. I asked: "so why hasn't the monster just come in and killed them all?" She said, it's a predator and is picking them off 1 by 1.

The whole changing form could be a winner, but I don't know about the ghost thing with the Dr...

Great show though. I can't believe they didn't eat the dead. MY GOD. It would have been an awesome BBQ. Find some fermented fruit and you got a beach party :p ;)

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Things change on this show each episode.

These are my thoughts.

There is no 'monster' per-say (SP?). There is an 'entity' on the island, though. This 'entity' plays on you. The only person to be killed has been the pilot, who was on deaths door anyway. People believe what they want to. If they are strong enough, the entity helps them to 'progress' on their 'path'. The bald man was unable to walk. He walked - and 'looked into the heart of the island' and he's happy and will continue on the island and in life. Jack needed closure on his father. The entity provided this, and when he found the coffin he came to terms with his fathers death. He will now continue fine on the island.

My predictions: Druggy hobbit will face his problem with the drugs he uses. The hot chick will face her problems - why she was a fugitive etc

If strong enough to face their problems, they survive, if not - they get 'eaten by the monster'.

Kind of, hard to explain... but yea.

I'm the kind of person that just sits back and watches a movie without trying to figure out the plot, and this is my last contibution. I hope it's wrong cause it will make the show more interesting. If right, I fluked it. But the monster being the bald guy - no way. He's a good strong character and 'seeing the monster' made him stronger.

NB: re: boars charging. Pigs are generally (as with most wild animals that are predominantly prey) are scared of humans. The pig charged because attack is the best method of defense. The black man got nicked, not on perpose by the pig. It carried on running because it was fleeing - it wouldn't have turned and charged again.

In the wild, dad has been charged by a boar. They have very poor eye sight and you are able to jump aside at the last second as it runs at you and it will miss you and keep running.

21. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    I like your theory on the 'monster' SFL. Very similar to the theories we have at work.

Here's a different slant....

There were NO survivors. The 48 that survived the crash are actually in some sort of purgatory (the island) and can't move to the next world until they have confronted their inner demons (or outer demons in the case of the "monster") and made peace with themselves.

The chick who drowned last week didn't drown but the others thought she had. She was "moving on".

Locke saw the monster as some sort of angel-type thingy whereas the others see it as a monster (or something like a monster) hence the debate over what it looked like after the bad-a$$ dude shot it.

The other 'survivors' will gradually die (pass over) and the more screwed up ones will stay until they sort their issues out.

-OR-

I'm completely wrong and I should shut up now.

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    //nods//

hmmmmm. Yea, I can see where you're coming from. Similar to what I'm thinking. Just I wasn't thinking they're already dead.

So why is Jack still there? He *still* has issues?

Like all possiblities and speculations, they will change from episode to episode. I think I'm just going to sit back and just watch the show and stop trying to guess what will happen and why. :p

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ok my oppinion of this show just went down hill.

Was reading a womens weekly while eating breaky this morning and saw a thing saying "a female dies in this season of lost" but the asian woman (who was pictured) said the actors didn't even know who it would be.

THIS SEASON? There's more than one? Stink! I want this thing all done and dusted with in like 9 episodes.

Gay if it gets dragged on and on and we don't learn truth's for ages. :(

24. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    how can you seriously want this awesome show to only run for 9 episodes??? :eek:

-Mel

25. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I was pretty sure that this show is 1 season made up of approx 24-25 episodes.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.