main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    In here, we will discuss the greatest show on television today. See [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_amphitheatre/b10382/16956432/p1/?2570]this thread[/link] in Amphithreatre for reference.

[image=http://jc.oaxz.com/lost.jpg]

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't know if I'd call it the greatest, but it is an awesome show. Unfortunently, I've only gotten around to seeing the first season.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi New Films Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Aug 12, 2000
    I [face_love] Lost!

I have yet to miss an episode since I've seen the first season. Which I am so glad I bought because I re-watch it all the time.

~PK~

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I love this series!

What do the numbers mean? :_|

5. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000

They mean that we're all DOOMED!

~PK~

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lost is fantastic. I remember wondering how they were going to keep going and keep things interesting after one season. Most of the episodes work to keep curosity going, some meh, not so much.

Still, it's a refreshing and imaginative show after being stuck with so much crappy reality shows.

7. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Lost first season is great TV. The episodes give me chills. Unfortunatly, the second season is really not worth my time. And I've enjoyed two episodes.

8. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Excellent thread! I can't wait for January 11th to come around.

9. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    My roommate had me watch an episode of Lost earlier this year and I was hooked. Unfortunately, because I missed most of season 1 and I have seen all of season 2 so far, when I recently watched season 1 on DVD I knew what some of the twists would be. I knew who was going to die, I knew what was in the Hatch, etc. Blah. It didn't stop me from enjoying season 1 though. I watched like 8 episodes a day, and I just finished it last night. Great series. Best show currently on television, in my opinion.

10. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm going nuts waiting for the new episodes. =P~

I've read some reviews that claim this season isn't as good as last season because it's TOO character driven, as in the flashbacks to their past, and there's not as much about the mysteries of the island. I think they're missing the point that everything is interconnected, the past and present... in a really strange way of course. The payoff is supposed to be long in coming, they just can't reveal everything all at once.

11. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm really intrested to see how far they can take this. Season 2 has been very back and forth for me. I think once I watch it on dvd it will all be my fave. Cause that's the worse part I was spoiled with Season 1 watching it on dvd all in a week and a half. It's just so hard to put it down once you start.

~PK~

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Can't wait for the Season 2 DVD.

Aren't a couple of the actors being charged with drunk driving? If they're convicted how will that affect the show?

13. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah, they are. Ana-Lucia and that other Blonde hair chick from the other side of the Island

~PK~

14. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    This thing had better an awesome ending that makes a lot of sense. I managed not to miss a single episode of Season 1. We didn't get Season 2 yet (unless I missed something...), so I'm worse off than you people. It's killing me. Which, of course, says that the show is good. Really really good. I just want to like the eventual end as much as the ride.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I watch it and all but I just don't see how it's the best thing on television. I barely enjoy half of the characters and at times the plots are downright boring. LOST can be the very definition of dragged out at times.

However, every once in a while they'll have something spectacular like, the pilot, "Walkabout", "Numbers", "Ex Deus...", "Exodus, "Orientation", "The Other 48 Days" and "What Kate Did". Those were great but almost all of the others were just meh.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Really great show. I like how, even though they sometimes are not directly related to the events on the island, the flashbacks provide such context for the characters that they often end up being more interesting than the events on the island themself.

And one day I'm gonna just edit together this show into chronological order, and see how that changes things, hehe.

For reference/archival purposes of some of the great analysis and theories collected over the pats year, here's a link to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_amphitheatre/b10382/16956432/]Lost discussion thread[/link] in Amp.

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I love this show. I can honestly say that not one single episode has bored me. Usually I'm glued to the TV the entire time. That doesn't happen to me very often. :D

18. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    what a fantastic show.

19. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    OMG FINALLY LOST AND STAR WARS FANS IN PERFECT HARMONY!!!! I MUST BE DREAMING!!!!!

As you may tell, I LOVE LOST! The characters (SHANNON <3, Boone, Sawyer, Jin, Hurley, CHARLIE AND CLAIRE! Locke, Walt, Michael, Kate, Jack!), the plots (MONSTER?, hatch, polar bears, Black Rock) are all amazing! My only problem with the show is a big one: Ana-Lucia.

She is RUINING the show! Anyone agree?

20. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    I've watched a few, theyre quite confusing...A polar bear on an island? Thats just crazy.

21. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I had never seen an episode of Lost until I got the Season 1 dvd set for Chrstmas, and my wife and I watched it non stop for like 5 evenings and went through it! I love this show, so addicted to it! Does anyone know when the Season 2 dvd's are going to come out!!!

I have not seen any of season two even though it has been through tv so far, I am going to wait for the second season dvd's to come out to go through season 2.

I love Loche my fav character. And Charly also!

22. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I would imagine that Lost season 2 would be out sometime this summer or early fall. That's just a guess based on when they released Lost season 1.

23. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes, I suppose that would be right, I am just salivating so much to continue watching the series having blown through Season one one the dvd's. Although I have not watched all the bonus stuff on the 7th dvd... that may keep me occupied for a night... but then there will be many more restless nights without Lost.

24. jwebb1970

jwebb1970 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2005
    Much like TPM and AOTC, LOST's season II will eventually have some payoff a la ROTS. Not all questions will be answered (some will be answered with more questions), but each episode has some clue that will come around in the future. I suggest watching each episode more than once-if you have a TIVO or similar device, this is the show these gadgets were made for. There's too much writing talent on LOST to have it "jump the shark" anytime soon. Be patient, it will all get good in season II and beyond!

25. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I love this show so much and to the guy who said Ana Lucia is ruining the show is wrong. He is makeing the show better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.