LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    In here, we will discuss the greatest show on television today. See this thread in Amphithreatre for reference.

[image=http://jc.oaxz.com/lost.jpg]
  2. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I don't know if I'd call it the greatest, but it is an awesome show. Unfortunently, I've only gotten around to seeing the first season.

3. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I [face_love] Lost!

I have yet to miss an episode since I've seen the first season. Which I am so glad I bought because I re-watch it all the time.

~PK~
  4. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I love this series!

What do the numbers mean? :_|
  5. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7

They mean that we're all DOOMED!

~PK~
  6. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Lost is fantastic. I remember wondering how they were going to keep going and keep things interesting after one season. Most of the episodes work to keep curosity going, some meh, not so much.

Still, it's a refreshing and imaginative show after being stuck with so much crappy reality shows.
  7. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Lost first season is great TV. The episodes give me chills. Unfortunatly, the second season is really not worth my time. And I've enjoyed two episodes.
  8. -Commander_Thigh- Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent thread! I can't wait for January 11th to come around.

9. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Master

star 6
    My roommate had me watch an episode of Lost earlier this year and I was hooked. Unfortunately, because I missed most of season 1 and I have seen all of season 2 so far, when I recently watched season 1 on DVD I knew what some of the twists would be. I knew who was going to die, I knew what was in the Hatch, etc. Blah. It didn't stop me from enjoying season 1 though. I watched like 8 episodes a day, and I just finished it last night. Great series. Best show currently on television, in my opinion.
  10. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm going nuts waiting for the new episodes. =P~

I've read some reviews that claim this season isn't as good as last season because it's TOO character driven, as in the flashbacks to their past, and there's not as much about the mysteries of the island. I think they're missing the point that everything is interconnected, the past and present... in a really strange way of course. The payoff is supposed to be long in coming, they just can't reveal everything all at once.
  11. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I'm really intrested to see how far they can take this. Season 2 has been very back and forth for me. I think once I watch it on dvd it will all be my fave. Cause that's the worse part I was spoiled with Season 1 watching it on dvd all in a week and a half. It's just so hard to put it down once you start.

~PK~
  12. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Can't wait for the Season 2 DVD.

Aren't a couple of the actors being charged with drunk driving? If they're convicted how will that affect the show?
  13. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Yeah, they are. Ana-Lucia and that other Blonde hair chick from the other side of the Island

~PK~
  14. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    This thing had better an awesome ending that makes a lot of sense. I managed not to miss a single episode of Season 1. We didn't get Season 2 yet (unless I missed something...), so I'm worse off than you people. It's killing me. Which, of course, says that the show is good. Really really good. I just want to like the eventual end as much as the ride.
  15. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6
    I watch it and all but I just don't see how it's the best thing on television. I barely enjoy half of the characters and at times the plots are downright boring. LOST can be the very definition of dragged out at times.

However, every once in a while they'll have something spectacular like, the pilot, "Walkabout", "Numbers", "Ex Deus...", "Exodus, "Orientation", "The Other 48 Days" and "What Kate Did". Those were great but almost all of the others were just meh.
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Really great show. I like how, even though they sometimes are not directly related to the events on the island, the flashbacks provide such context for the characters that they often end up being more interesting than the events on the island themself.

And one day I'm gonna just edit together this show into chronological order, and see how that changes things, hehe.

For reference/archival purposes of some of the great analysis and theories collected over the pats year, here's a link to the Lost discussion thread in Amp.
  17. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    I love this show. I can honestly say that not one single episode has bored me. Usually I'm glued to the TV the entire time. That doesn't happen to me very often. :D
  18. jedi_john_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    what a fantastic show.
  19. Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG FINALLY LOST AND STAR WARS FANS IN PERFECT HARMONY!!!! I MUST BE DREAMING!!!!!

As you may tell, I LOVE LOST! The characters (SHANNON <3, Boone, Sawyer, Jin, Hurley, CHARLIE AND CLAIRE! Locke, Walt, Michael, Kate, Jack!), the plots (MONSTER?, hatch, polar bears, Black Rock) are all amazing! My only problem with the show is a big one: Ana-Lucia.

She is RUINING the show! Anyone agree?
  20. Jedi_Nath Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've watched a few, theyre quite confusing...A polar bear on an island? Thats just crazy.
  21. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had never seen an episode of Lost until I got the Season 1 dvd set for Chrstmas, and my wife and I watched it non stop for like 5 evenings and went through it! I love this show, so addicted to it! Does anyone know when the Season 2 dvd's are going to come out!!!

I have not seen any of season two even though it has been through tv so far, I am going to wait for the second season dvd's to come out to go through season 2.

I love Loche my fav character. And Charly also!
  22. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Master

star 6
    I would imagine that Lost season 2 would be out sometime this summer or early fall. That's just a guess based on when they released Lost season 1.
  23. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I suppose that would be right, I am just salivating so much to continue watching the series having blown through Season one one the dvd's. Although I have not watched all the bonus stuff on the 7th dvd... that may keep me occupied for a night... but then there will be many more restless nights without Lost.
  24. jwebb1970 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Much like TPM and AOTC, LOST's season II will eventually have some payoff a la ROTS. Not all questions will be answered (some will be answered with more questions), but each episode has some clue that will come around in the future. I suggest watching each episode more than once-if you have a TIVO or similar device, this is the show these gadgets were made for. There's too much writing talent on LOST to have it "jump the shark" anytime soon. Be patient, it will all get good in season II and beyond!
  25. han_solo_321 Jedi Master

star 4
    I love this show so much and to the guy who said Ana Lucia is ruining the show is wrong. He is makeing the show better!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.