main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    HA! I knew that Juliet was not just left behind. She and Ben planned the whole thing out. Everything! The only thing I am not clear on is what their motive is...I mean what are they trying to achieve by having Juliet go to the Losties' camp? I don't get it. Also, Jack seems to have bought into this whole Juliet act. I really hope that he knows what he's doing. It's a shame that Jack has been making really bad decisions this season. It seems like the Juliet decision might be his worst decision ever.

2. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002

I was about to black highlight, and I remembered that this is a spoiler thread!

The flashbacks have shown us why Juliet was recruited: to assist the pregnant women on the island. It seems though that Juliet was unable to solve the mystery.

Along comes the passengers of Flight 815, with a pregnant Claire. We get the skinny on the previous episodes with Claire's abduction, etc.

I'm guessing that Juliet may be with the Losties becuase of pregnant Sun. But, why did Ben say "see you in a week"? What is to be accomplished in a week's time?

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, really good episode. I used to like Juliette, thought she was misunderstood, now I just hate her. What's gonna happen in a week and why was she given a gas mask? Are the Others gonna gas the beach or something?

Next weeks looks good as well. From the way Jin was pointing, it looked like there is something coming in from the horizon. Another plane perhaps?

I reckon that when the thing with Juliette happens and makes Jack look like a muppet, he'll be seen as disgraced and Sayid and Sawyer'll take over the leadership role. I've been saying since Season One that those two'd end up as, maybe not mates, but perhaps allies, despite their obvious dislike of each other.

4. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I think Jack will be dead by the end of the season.

5. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    So, just finished watching One of Us, awesome episode. It was great to see what Juilet was doing on the island and how Ben runs things. Those two are definetly my favorite characters now. It's hard to say what Juilet's spy role is on the beach. But what I liked about this episode is what happened between the sub exploding and then Left Behind episode. I was wondering how Juilet and Jack reacted and how Ben would exploit that situation.

As for Jack, now I'm interested in what happened to him. I'm hoping that he falls for Juilet, but also that he isn't that trustworthy. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Ben might have convinced Jack to keep an eye on Juilet or at least protect her from Saiyid and Sawyer. The two are partners in crime. :p (A girl can dream right;) )

But definetly can't wait for next week's episode. Season Three has been great so far and now that we're closing in on the final push, no telling what will happen.

6. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    DHARMA will return to the island.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Since the little press blurbs wikipedia has before the episodes air are the only things I know in advance, I had absolutely no idea what would happen this week. They return and Claire gets sick but I couldn't imagine how that will make an interesting episode.

When I watched it, it became progressively better. We rarely learn so much about a character and important happenings. On top of that the whole thing plays the "misunderstood" card the whole time, right until the end. Bam, Betrayal! Locke's departure is nothing against that.

Though one must wonder how much of a departure it really is when Ben (&Co?) are back in a week. Unless only Juliet returns to them in a week. But then there is the question of what she can achieve in a week. Maybe it's just to kidnap Sun.

I smell setup for the season finale...

8. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I don't think it's kidnapping Sun, but rather a chance to get samples from Claire (the only woman other than Rousseau to give birth on the island in recent years) and to examine Sun to see if she has anything unique about this pregnancy.

9. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Remember what Juliet said in this episode, regarding the women who die because of their pregnancies?

"It happens during conception"

We don't know when the baby inside of Sun was conceived. Is it Jin or Jae's baby? I think that if it was Jin, Sun is going to die. If Sun doesn't die, it was Jae's baby. DUN DUN DUN.

10. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Hence the name of the upcoming episode "D.O.C."-->Date of Conception.

11. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I believe next season will be the last season for Lost... What with the ratings drops and the fact that it's a serialized show which prevents new viewers from jumping on board. These days it's all about having an end to the show. The creators and producers know that fans will be properly p***** if we don't get to find out what's going on, so it's coming to a halt.

D_M_S_L

12. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    4-5 seasons is all the producers/writers planned on anyway.

13. samaelofheaven

samaelofheaven Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2005
    she had a gas mask because everyone left by the others had one on, remember.
    i dont get what the deal with the island is, and the statue with four toes, anyone have an inkling?

14. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    The statue apparently ties in to the history of the island. Perhaps we'll learn more in Ben's flashback episode. I am really torn whether Juliet will return to the Others or whether she will abandon the plan hatched with Ben at the end. After all, Ben has betrayed and manipulated her to no end. She might be sick of where she is with the Others. I guess we wait and see.

I am also thinking either Jack or Sawyer will die. I've thought Jack would die for the bulk of the season but now I am feeling like Sawyer might be on the way out. It would be a tragedy if he were to die. I guess it could be Sun who dies since she's pregnant. It might also be Locke. I just have no clue who it will be.

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    They won't kill any of the main four (at least I hope not). If they kill Sawyer, I will stop watching. If anybody's gonna die, it'll be Charlie, Claire or Desmond I reckon.

16. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I could see Sun or Jin dying...also Sayid. Afterall, Sayid's character hasn't done a whole lot this season, unfortunately. Any of the big four (Locke, Jack, Kate, and Sawyer) are in the mix i think as well.

Also, we can't forget that the Others have the sailboat now and can still get people off the island.

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Who knows, Locke may have blown it up by now. :p

18. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    That's a good point. :p

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    To me, this episode made me really think that this Jacob fellow is Christian. If Ben was telling the truth about Rachel's cancer being cured then Christian would be in an ideal position to get this mystical cure to her. Furthermore, he could have found out about Sawyer killing that man as they were both in Australia at the time and it's not inconceivable to assume he followed Sawyer or found out by some other means. Furthermore, the finale is supposedly another Jack flashback (ugh), so, it's likely that Christian will appear. Finally, he seems to have met most of the Losties or have some connection to them. For any other show, I'd probably explain it as some kind of nice little connection that is a conincidence, but with Lost I'm not so sure.

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Any comic book geeks might be interested to know that this week's episode is the first one co-written by Brian K. Vaughn of Y: The Last Man, and Ex Machina fame!

21. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    not to mention runaways

because

22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    A couple of spoilers.

-We'll definitely see more of Sawyer and Sayid working together. Plus, sounds like Penny's dad, Charles Widmore, may be seen again. [Source: Kristin from E!]
    -At the close of the episode our beloved cast aways will inform the parachute girl that they're survivors of Oceanic flight 815. The parachute girl will give them the unfortunate news that what they've just told her is impossible seeing as how the wreckage of that flight was found and recovered, and that there were no survivors. The episode promptly ends thereafter. [Source: SpoilerFix.com]

:eek:

23. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Interesting episode last night. The show's quality has at least picked up in the past couple weeks, finally.

Though one thing I can't fathom is why they brought Mikhail back from the dead. Are they gearing up to bring more characters back from the dead?

24. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I tell ya man, Lost Season 4 is the zombie season.

25. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    That would be amusing to see.

"Next time on Lost, zombies attack the survivors and The Others alike!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.