LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by gabe, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I wish I hadn't read them. To see that on screen would have been incredible.
  2. flowerbee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Same here. I clicked on it, thinking "Oh, yes. More vague and tantalizing... oh, crap. No! Make me unsee it...!" I couldn't resist the red text. :_| Bah. Maybe they were lying. If not, 'tis my own fault and I'm never going near that particular forum again. :p
  3. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I haven't read the spoilers but they are very tempting. The days leading up to the finale will be very difficult as I struggle not to peek. [face_worried]
  4. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But then again, I knew about the flash-now of season 2 opening with Desmond doing his day-to-day tasks and it didn't ruin it that much.
  5. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've seen many posts wondering whether Kate is Annie. Afterall, Kate did use the alias "annie" during season 1.
  6. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The AICN page holding the original post about the spoiler/foiler has disappeared. Looks like we are looking at a spoiler here people.
  7. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Precisely.

With the spoilers apparently being true about the storyline leaping forward a few years in time, I think the finale will really be the first episode of season 4. What I mean is, until now the island events happened in present time while the real world events happened in past time. Now, the real world events are present time and the island "flashbacks" are in past time. It's a shift of the fulcrum, people, and the game has certainly changed.

Another question we have to ask ourselves is whether the season 2 finale happened in real time or concurrent with the leap forward in the timeline. Specifically, "when" were those dudes in the antarctic looking for electromagnetic anomalies? Interesting things are afoot.
  8. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think that it has changed like you mention it, I still think that the Island is going to be the main focus of the show. This flash-forward is just like the flash-backs except the other way arround.
  9. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    Skimming down that page, I saw a word that it was obvious I shouldn't have seen. Can we please be spoiler-sensitive here? I know it's a spoilers thread, but it's been pretty standard in here to do highlights for spoilers on episodes that have not yet aired in the U.S.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread until next Wednesday night.

-Paul
  10. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow...Tonights finale has totally blown everything else out of the water. I'm simply speechless, by the emotional highs and lows tonight. First off I loved the fact that Danielle and Alex finally had their reunion, I'm happy that Locke survived but...WHOA Walt sighting! :eek:

And of course I'm now totally depressed because poor Charlie died. I knew it was coming, but I didn't want to think about it. I'm happy that he died doing what he thought was right, and saving Desmond's life in the process. But poor Claire, I feel so bad for her and Aaron.

@};- R.I.P. Charlie Pace @};-

But of course the ending just blew me away. So they GET OFF the island?!?! ANd the whole episode Jack was having "futurebacks", how insane is that? Next year won't come soon enough!
  11. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    OMG! Is all I have to say.
  12. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great episode and I like the idea of moving up the timeline and seeing them "return" to the island.
  13. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    After letting this all sit for a night, there are only two things that I want to know immediately in February.

First, the show's format. How has it changed? I am wondering whether the main storyline will be "on the island" immediately following the call for help. So, we'll see what happens to cause Jack to spiral down to the place where he is in the future. The flashforwards will still show our castaways trying to come to grips with what happened after getting off the island. That assumes that more than Jack and Kate got off the island.

Another possibility is that the timeline is moved up and the primary story focuses on the "foundies" as they try to get back to the island. This could be interesting because it allows our characters to redeem themselves and for the storylines to continue to evolve. The flashbacks would be island centric.

I guess the only difference between the two is where the story commits the largest amount of time.

The other answer that I would like right away is whether Kate is married (after assuming the identity of Joanna in season 1) or whether she had a baby boy whose father is Mr. James Ford. In the finale she tells Jack that she has to get back or "he'll wonder" where I am. This doesn't mean she has a husband or boyfriend, it could very well mean that she has a son. I'd personally like to know which and if the latter, who the father is.

Everything changed last night. It was a good episode...weird but good.
  14. Count_Doodie Jedi Knight

star 2
    what?! did i miss something? as in Walt - Michaels kid? where? i didnt see Walt. fill me in!

-doodie
  15. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Walt appears to Locke. Locke is in the mass grave and can't move his legs. He sees a gun on a corpse, takes it, and is about to shoot himself when Walt appears, tells Locke not to do it, and that he has work to do.
  16. Count_Doodie Jedi Knight

star 2
    when was that?! i watched the entire episode through and there wasnt any scene like that. the first i saw of lock was when naomi got the knife in the back... can you tell me where abouts in the episode that was? (im downloading it right now so i can watch it again)
    -doodie
  17. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's in the second half of the show, I think. It's there...trust me.
  18. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Walt appeared right at the midway point where a two-hour ep could be split into two halves for syndication (Have to had it the Lost guys, always thinking ahead). Locke has the gun, Walt says "Dont," then the "THUNK" of the impending commercial break.

Anywho, goodbye Others. They lost ten people this episode alone, which brings the count, by my hasty reckoning, to about 17 since the show started. Woo hoo. They had it coming.
  19. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Just Wow. Greatest episode this season.

There is some speculation as to whether or not Charlie is actually dead. There's still a chance for him.

I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up here yet, but I'm curious who was in the casket. My guess is that it's Locke or possibly Ben. Although given that the Viewing was in a (I hate to use the term) "black neighborhood", it might also have been Michael, but seeing as how the guy there said no one had shown up, I kinda doubt it. Anyway, what leads me to this theory was Jack's response to the "friend of family" question. Jack's answer was "neither". Then later when we see "Future Kate" She asks rather disgustedly "Why" she would've been at the viewing. I know some people have thought it might be Sawyer, but her reaction pretty much eliminates him from the equation.

Loved the the "flashforwards", Although I picked up on it as soon as I saw Jack on another Oceanic flight, drinking heavily and sporting a beard. The brilliance of this show continues to amaze me.

Still far too many unanswered questions. There's still that whole "Jacob" can of worms to open up.

D_M_S_L
  20. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Worst Ending Ever. Not quality wise, but because it leaves us hanging with THAT for MONTHS! :_| I hated the endings to episodes from Season 1 and 2 a lot more than 3's... except this one.

We didn't learn what happened to Walt right at the beginning of Season 2, so I doubt we'll learn who was in that casket right away either. Well, Lost has rarely explained anything from one episode in the following one.

So, Naomi is Dharma I take it? Who else besides Penny would be looking for the island, especially someone Ben might "fear".

Two things I liked best about this finale:
    1) Pretty much everyone is in serious trouble. Losties as well as Others. Maybe even Dharma, if only slightly. Sayid/Jin/Bernard, their captors, Jack&Co and, best of all, even Ben!

2) Hurley to the rescue! Awesomest moment ever! "It's so awesome, it's dripping awesomesauce. It's saucesome!" :D
  21. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    Who says Walt's reappearance was actually Walt? Didn't Mr. Eko see his brother, then get beaten to death by the mist monster? Hmm...methinks there be a connection here.
  22. DarthPhelps Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's a good question, but since we have evidence (by way of flashbacks) that Walt has psychic abilities, it's possible that a Walt sighting may actually be Walt.

(Not that I'd put it past the monster to pretend to be Walt).

Also, the visions almost always seem to be of dead people. (I don't know if that guy Hurley knew was supposed to be dead or not though).
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Dave never existed. He was 100% in Hurley's mind.
  24. DarthPhelps Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  25. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Great finale. Only thing I found odd was when future-Jack blurted out for them to get his father down there to see that his father would be more drunk than Jack was. if this is the future, then Jack's father is dead...

Interesting comment about how the guys at the end of Season 2 might also be a flashforward, cause I really remember thinking the one guy looked a lot like Jack with a beard...

Oh, and Sayid is still totally awesome. Killing a man while unarmed and bound = badass.
  26. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    When'd Sayid do that? Or do you mean Sawyer?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.