main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Absolutely convinced that Jack's reference to his father is the meds talking. The doctor does give him this really weird look when he says it. And, as a storytelling device, it's supposed to help throw us off the track if it being a flashforward by clearly dating it. But I'm quite certain that Jack's father is dead and that he just said otherwise because he was too drugged out to have a clear handle on things.

-Paul

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    After Hurley drove in to save the day, the one Other with a gun by the hostages was sweep-kicked by Sayid, who then snapped his neck with his legs. :cool:

3. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Spot on, Paul.

4. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    That wasn't Jack. That guy looked a little bit like him, but had an accent that Jack certainly doesn't have. Also, those guys detected the island because Desmond blew the failsafe. They/Penny are now looking for it. Which explains why Penny was sending a message to the Looking Glass station. If the Season Two final moments were in the future, then why is Penny transmitting to the Looking Glass?

5. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Actually, they've proven the Seaon 2 cliffhanger (Penny's search, the two others) to be little more than a milkbone thrown into the abyss of LOST's Writers Vat of Meaninglessness.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    How so?

And the reference to Jack's father had to be the meds/booze talking because the surgeon "pities" him. Sure he can pity him just for being drunk/on meds, but a lot more so if Jack was talking resentful about his dead father like that

7. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I just watched "Smokin' Aces" and Richard Alpert kills Jack Shepherd in that movie. :eek::p

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I hope Alpert becomes a series regular next year. He was my favorite new addition to the cast this year.

9. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Alpert's role in "The Man Behind the Curtain" all but assures that Alpert will have a part of some significance to play, if not become a series regular. (And I really think he might become a regular, for that matter.) The latter part of the season really raised questions about his exact role within the Others (especially now that the questions of who the Others are is so much more complicated than we thought), and the weird suggestion that the doesn't age normally just isn't a place that it would make sense to go if they didn't plan to feature him. Alpert will definitely be around.

-Paul

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The actor playing Richard Alpert is starring on "Cane" for CBS this fall. So he'll be a semi regular at best.

11. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    LOST doesn't return until after the first of the year, soooo he could still participate in both shows.
    Though "Cane" does look like it could be a good show...fortunately it's on Tuesday night. :p

12. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
  13. Dezdmona

Jun 9, 2005
    Previously Posted in the Ampitheater thread - Mild Spoilers:
    From Comic Con 2007 San Diego

14. Harold coming back was always part of the plan.

15. Michael will probably have a redemptive story

16. Harold is rejoining the regular cast in early season 4

17. Rousseau will get a flashback at some point in S4/5 but it needs to synchronize with the rest of the story

18. We will get around to Neil Frogurt.

19. Rachel probably won't be on the Island.

20. The theory that Libby was Dharma is NOT "barking up the wrong tree"

21. Libbys absence was not intentional and will be in S4

22. Nestor (Richard Alpert) is doing another show so may get limited screen time, or may not be on the show at all

23. Ben was caught accidentally by Danielles trap and we will find out why

24. We will learn why Ben was travelling across the island and why he ended up in Danielles trap

25. Michael Emerson calls the Others a "Rebel Sect"

26. Jack and Claire will find out they are brother and sister next season

27. A new orientation film (discovered in Norway) for "Station 6 - The Orchid" was shown. Wickmen is shown but calls himself Edward Allawitz. He apologises for lying and claiming that the station is a botanical facility. He is holding a rabbit with the number 15 printed on it, another is on a shelf with the number 16 on. Then things begin to fall, the building shakes and lights break and the camera focuses on the rabbit suggesting that the seismic type activity is linked in some way to the rabbit.
    In the video are two subliminal type messages one of them says "Jacob loves you"

28. Damon says...On the blast door map drawn by Radzinsky, C.V. stood for Cerberus Vents. "That's Dharma's name for it, maybe. Cerberus is one of it's names."
    Damon: "Aaron, may I call you Cerberus?" Aaron-Cerberus: The monster seems like it represents judgment.
    Why did Eko have to die? Damon: The whole deal with the monster will be definitely answered.
    Carlton: The monster answer is "not going to be 10 seconds of blank tape."

29. What's coming to the island is worse than The Others

30. Carlton: "What you saw with Kate and Jack was not the end of the show."

31. Damon: "The show has never really been about getting off the Island...There's this whole chapter of the story that takes place off the Island."

32. Flashbacks got old because they ran out of revelatory information. This was the impetus for the flashforward

33. Damon: "The show has never really been about getting off the Island...There's this whole chapter of the story that takes place off the Island."

34. There is an entire chapter which will occur after they leave the island which we will see in flash forwards

35. Carlton says flashbacks and flashforwards are both on the show going forward. "How far forward" and "with whom" are the questions.
  37. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007

Refresh my memory. Who's Rachel?

38. Darth_Hansen

Darth_Hansen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    Juliet's sister.

39. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Ah. Neat. So many peripherary characters to keep track of!

40. Dezdmona

Jun 9, 2005
    New Spoilers directly from Carlton Cuse:

"Walt will be back also. But we're not going to get into any details about that."

"you will see more of Jacob"

41. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  42. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I'll have to admit, I have never watched LOST. The main series that I have watched for the past few years are Battlestar Galactica and Heroes --- yet I have always wanted to get around to trying LOST at some stage.

Can someone please give me a brief synopsis of the show?! I obviously know of some elements, what a few of the characters look like, and some other group --- others? Anyway... why does the fat bloke never loose weight? I saw one episode one night just out of pure chance, and there was this black mist featured, which seemed sentient --- what is all that about? Who are the others? And from what I gatherered, they are in contact with civilisation? If so, then how come the main characters aren't? How are all the characters interlocked (isn't there some form of regular flashbacks?).

Many questions, I know! ;)

43. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Anyway... why does the fat bloke never loose weight?
    They addressed that in one episode, he's down 2 belt sizes. :p Plus, they have found several stashes of food.

I saw one episode one night just out of pure chance, and there was this black mist featured, which seemed sentient --- what is all that about?
    That's "The Monster". We still don't know exactly what it is.

Who are the others?
    People who lived on the island before the crash survivors.

And from what I gatherered, they are in contact with civilisation? If so, then how come the main characters aren't?
    Because The Others have modern technology availible to them. The survivors have only what they can find.

How are all the characters interlocked (isn't there some form of regular flashbacks?)
    Each episode features flashbacks to part of one character's life that often include small (or not so small) connections to other survivors.

I suggest you head over to wikipedia if you want more detailed explanations of the show as there is a LOT to cover.

44. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Why aren't the "Others" friendly to the crash survivor's???

45. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    I had a dream last night about the final episode of Lost. I actually don't remember much of what happened, but the format was interesting, so I thought I'd share.

The show resolved itself in just an hour, and did end with everybody's rescue. Jack was all properly heroic in some fashion or another, and then they all flew away and left the Island behind. It appeared that the show was over, and that everything was wrapped up in a single hour-long episode. Then, things started again. There was a second hour, but it was just an hour-long series of flashbacks, beginning before they got on the plane continuing on up to the end of the show. The flashbacks undid absolutely everything we thought we knew, completely turned the show on its head. Again, I don't remember exactly what was involved, but Jack was revealed as some kind of villainous mastermind, and had sabotaged the plane in the beginning. And the big happy ending became all dark and weird in light of the new angle on it the flashbacks gave us.

So yeah. Obviously, this show is messing with me.

-Paul

46. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    That's interesting. Don't discount your dream. CJS posted his dream about LOST season 3 and it turned out to be fairly accurate. Our subconscious is often an excellent avenue into other's perceptions of reality.

47. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Here's a pic from the Season 4 set:

[image=http://www.tvguide.com/images/features/071015lostpopup.jpg]

Looks like Sayid, Bernard, Desmond and Juliet are standing in front of 815's cockpit.

48. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Excellent. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.