main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    That picture excites me. I'm really craving LOST right now. Does anyone know what day season 4 starts? The only thing I know is that Season 3 comes out on dvd on December 10th.

2. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    LOST Season 4 begins in early February. It's a long time to wait.

3. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Did anyone else see the LOST commercial right before the ball dropped. I saw it and I have to say I'm now totally in the mood for LOST, I simply can't wait! It looks like it will be amazing and we don't have to wait until February, it comes back January 31, a Thursday.

4. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I saw the commercial and it was fantastic, Jan. 31st will be great! :D

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm gonna try to watch all 3 seasons of Lost before the 31st so I can get in the mood again.

6. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Did anyone else notice that they first showed the preview for the new LOST episodes, and then, shorly after that, they showed the trailer for CLOVERFIELD?

Also, notice that CLOVERFIELD starts 1-18-08 and LOST restarts on 1-31-08 (right at two weeks after CLOVERFIELD).

Maybe CLOVERFIELD is not essential to watching LOST, but does give some additional insight into the series which makes it necessary for it to be released first.

I KNOW. I KNOW. It's a shot in the dark.

7. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Cloverfield = Produced by JJ Abrams
    Lost = Co-created with JJ Abrams

;)

8. Equal_Protection

Equal_Protection Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    ALIAS co-produced by JJ Abrams

FELICITY co-produced by JJ Abrams.

Everything is intertwined. :p

9. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    YAY!! The fourth season starts in 54 minutes![face_dancing] [face_dancing] I can't wait! Is anybody watching the recap special right now? I think Ben is the narrator.

10. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    SO wait, I'm confused... Felicity Lost her Alias in Cloverfield? 8-}

D_M_S_L

11. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I LOVED tonight's episode, and it wouldn't be Lost unless it left you with a dozen questions at the end. And CHARLIE! We got to see Charlie again!! :D

12. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Jorge Garcia was amazing in this episode...really displayed his acting chops. Great, great work.

My guess is that the new visitors to the island make the lives of those that didn't go to the barracks a living hell, which is why Hugo apologizes to Jack in the flash-forward for leaving him. These flash-forwards really give a sense of foreboding, since we don't have the context of what's said. I love it.

Great start to the season...let's hope the strike ends soon so they can get the remaining eight episodes completed.

13. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    I know! I was happy to see Charlie again. And this flashforward indeed made me eager to learn more about what's going to happen. Great way to start off the season, it even hooked my roommate who only now started watching LOST. :)

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    I've been a Locke-in-the-coffin man from the get-go, and I'm sticking to it. Michael's a close second, especially from clues in the obit people blew up and deciphered, but we know from Season 1 that he has at least a mother at the time of the crash (he tried to foist off Walt on her over the phone).

If Michael and/or Walt was in the coffin, doesn't that raise most of the same questions about the island as Ben, Juliet, or Desmond escaping?

...Though come to think of it, if the airline is covering stuff up, couldn't they fake a manifesto to claim someone was on Flight 815 even though they weren't? I admit this wouldn't work with Juliet, who has at least one living relative, and probably a lot of co-workers, etc.

I want to say that Desmond might almost pull it off, since the only person waiting for him appears to be Penny, and she already knows about the island...but that's probably a stretch, too (it wouldn't be hard to find out that Desmond entered the race around the world). That, and Sonya Walger's likely to get killed by a Terminator in real life.

But what about Ben? If Oceanic, or whoever, wants to claim that he was on the plane, who's to say otherwise? The only people who know who he is are still back on the island. I'm just spitballing, here. Clearly, there are too many twists and turns coming to be able to say things like, "Why would Kate be pissed off at Locke?" or "Why would no one attend Hurley's funeral?", but it's fun to speculate.

Just to throw it out there, what if it's Sawyer in the coffin? If he and Kate have a falling-out, I can easily see his funeral being that sparsely-attended. And we've all been assuming suicide or medical problems caused the death, but in Sawyer's line of work, it would be really easy to get himself killed.

The only problem with that theory is the one as with Locke, above: He's too awesome a character to kill off.

15. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Yay! The LOST banner is back up!

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    My gut is leaning towards Ben being the one in the coffin.

17. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    Seaon 4 just started in the uk!!![face_dancing]

Did anyone notice that Hurly's flash forward was set before Jacks one at the end of season 3?

And who the hell are the other 3 who got of the island?

So many question and no answers!!

I love lost

18. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Sayid, Jin and Sun are the other three.

19. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    I'm always torn between wanting to see Evangeline Lilly naked, and challenging her to an arm-wrestling match. She's like a beautiful grizzly bear, where you want to make out with her, but the whole time you'd be scared she might turn on you and crush you to death with her massive shoulders.

...Wait, what? Did I just say I want to make out with a grizzly bear? Because I do...I'm just not sure if I *SAID* it.

20. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    What if she was naked during the arm wrestling contest?

21. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    is this confirmed?
    -doodie

22. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I believe it is confirmed, Doodie.

The funny thing is that if the spoilers for Eggtown are accurate, then it is the Oceanic 6 +1.

23. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    So that could mean that the 7th person is someone who wasn't on the plane. Maybe it's Desmond, I could see him wanting to get off to be with Penny.

24. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Well I just saw this last week for pretty much the first time and it was interesting tho I had no clue what was going on but I've started watching it from the beginning and now I'm through to episode ten and its really good.

25. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Lost is great! I've been watching it since the night Lost started and it definitely gets better the more you watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.