LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by gabe, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    What I've heard is that it's not necessarily someone who wasn't on the plane. Just someone who didn't have a ticket. Say, Christian Shepard, who was technically cargo. That makes Jack's line about his father in the Season 3 finale a bit more appropriate.
  2. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Or Aaron
  3. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    So Australia finally got episode one of season 4 last night!!

It's good to have Lost back on our screens, love it, but I am not a fan of the flash-forwards... have they gotten rid of the flash-backs all together?
  4. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It depends on your perspective. The episode starts in one time period and then "flashes" back to another period.
  5. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Fine Mr smarty, but from the perspective of the island, they will always be flash-forwards

Personally what I think they should do, is cut all the Jack, Locke, Hurley etc etc individual storylines and release them as single dvds
  6. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :p [obi-wan] what i told you is true...from a certain point of view.[/obi-wan]
  7. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh my, what a fantastic episode!I loved all the flashbacks seeing all the media footage about Flight 815. So the rescuerers are the from Oceanic, because that was the same black guy from Oceanic that talks to Hurley in the first episode.

I found it very strange that that Charlotte girl found a million year old skeleton of a polar bear that had a Dharma collar. So how old IS the Dharma Initiative?

When Jack found the box that had the gas masks I immediately grew worried and this is my new theory. The Oceanic rescueres are actually from Dharma and they want revenge on Ben for the purge all those years ago. They plan on taking out Ben and the survivors of Oceanic 815 while they're at it.

That's just my theory, I can't wait to see if it's right.
    Oh and one more thing is anyone going to watch the special LOST music video during Eli Stone?
  8. Terje_Lisan Jedi Knight

star 2
    I watched Eli Stone (which is a good series) and the music video was fun. You can watch it on ABC.com for the full video.

As for the episode. I loved it too. I'm liking these new rescueres, they're not what I imagined them too be. Except, as much I was happy to see an anthropologist, she bugged me and I was happy Ben shot at her. Too bad she wore a vest, oh well. :p

As for the polar bear, it doesn't have to be a million years old. It's hard to tell until they do dating, but I was wondering too how old the Dharma Initiative. It's interesting to see that they had other sites as well.
  9. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    There's no way there not some kind of time travel at play now, with the Dharma colar being EXCAVATED.
  10. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    A polar bear dead in the desert wouldn't take long for its flesh to rot away. Dharma was started in the late 70's, so the bear could have been put there at any time.

Michael is definitely Ben's man on the boat.
  11. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    The doctor said that the Orchid had to do with the Casimir-effect. The rabbits probably had to be kept apart for the same reasons that 1985 Marty and 1955 Marty had to be kept apart. Time travel. Which suggests that any debunking on the show or in reality doesn't seem to be much of a consideration here.

As to whether the polar bear traveled in space and time, or just in space, it might be beside the point. A wormhole, which might account for either or both, was likely involved. This jives with what we learned about the Orchid from the orientation movie.

(I hate to do this:)

...UNLESS, perhaps, the orientation movie is a complete fraud that's supposed to make the viewer think that the Casimir effect is in play. After all, it's not hard to paint two similar-looking rabbits with the number "15," and have the filmed staff act alarmed.

I get the impression that Miles is the hyperactive, too-serious guy no one likes to deal with, so the lady on the other end of the line kind of brushes him off. Although Ben lets the cat out of the bag with Locke and crew, I would think the spy on the boat would want to remain covert as long into the mission as possible.
  12. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    See, when Ben shot her I was like "STOP KILLING THE ENGLISH PEOPLE!!!" I'm starting to take it as a personal offence. But then she was fine, so it's all alright.
  13. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Spectacular episodew last night! Shocking all the way through especially with the fact that Sayid goes to work for Ben!
  14. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Holy ****, was that an episode or what? I love the hell out of this show, despite their attempts to confuse me. I can't wait till we find out what leads Sayid to be working for Ben. Count me in as being almost certain that Ben's man on the boat has to be Michael.

If Ben somehow winds up getting Sayid to work for him as an assassin, then you can bet that he'd be able to manipulate Michael somehow (Michael being more desperate, due to having Walt to think about, more easily swayed, etc.).

Maybe this is too obvious or simple, but this is what I think is happening, based on what we've seen:

Somehow, a deal gets brokered between the Flight 815 survivors and H.G.'s consortium to bring back the "Oceanic Six." During this transfer, Ben somehow manages to keep some of the freighter personnel on the island, while simultaneously severing the freighter's ability to ever find the island again.

This leads to H.G.'s group (Abaddon, Ilsa, etc) to start hounding the Six to find out, "are they still alive?" While this is going on, Ben continues to make his routine trips to the real world (or maybe he stays off the island), where he has Sayid taking out members of H.G.'s consortium.

He has Sayid in his pocket because of the remaining castaways still being held on the island. Hell, Ben knows everything, so maybe he's even found Nadia, and is keeping her to make Sayid do his bidding.

At any rate, even though a few folks got off the island, I still get the feeling Ben is running the show.

Just to play Devil's advocate: Would the media (who presumably named the "Oceanic Six") separate the people who were and were not on 815, though? If you were on the island, I think you'd be lumped in with the survivors. Plus, it seems like the six are being very quiet about what happened on the island, so Juliet, Ben, Desmond, Alex, Karl, or Rousseau might just be saying they were on the plane (despite what the manifest would say).
  15. Terje_Lisan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh yeah last night's episode was just awesome. It has to be one of my favorites. Not just the fact that it was a Sayid centered episode and nice to see that he made it off the island. But the end made my night: Sayid working for Ben :). So Happy to see Ben alive, but definetly made me question and love the show even more.
  16. Count_Doodie Jedi Knight

star 2
    the time difference thing made me feel like the island is in a Bermuda triangle type area. not an original theory i know but it kinda fits.
    -doodie
  17. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The previews for the episode this week looks great, I'm curious to see Kate's flashforwards.
  18. DarthPhelps Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Personally I found that rather disturbing. :p

How he came to work for Ben is my #1 favorite mystery now (aside from Jacob...and the 'smoke monster'...and...).
  19. AcklayComeHome Force Ghost

star 7
    all the damn polar bears :p
  20. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tonight's episode was WONDERFUL! I think this season so far is definitely keeping up the momentum and I know I was definitely surprised initially when Kate said she had a son. And the baby is Aaron!! What a total shock, I hope this doesn't mean that something happens to Claire. [face_worried]

And next week looks crazy with the helicopter flying into a thunderstorm and all. I can't wait!
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    It was Aaron? I couldn't understand the name she said at the end- it sounded like Eric or Youric to me- which obviously doesn't have a big cliffhanger impact, but it didn't sound like Aaron to me.
  22. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, it was Aaron all right...which opens up so many other mysteries my mind just exploded.
  23. Count_Doodie Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Or she was given Aaron because something bad happened to Claire. We now know who Jack was refering to in his flashforward. This opens up one of two possibilities with why he doesn't want to see the kid. He's upset that he failed to keep Claire from harm or he knows that Claire is his half sister.
  25. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the latter of the two is the most probable of possibilities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.