main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthhelmut

Darthhelmut Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    I think they have two seasons after this one.

I'm sorry I think this season has been slow and doesnt give me the suspense that the other seasons did where I couldn't beleive I had to wait a week until I find out what happens to 'X'.

2. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I didn't enjoy episode 9 but I did quite enjoyed episode 10.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Last nights episode was amazing!

~PK~

5. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So who was the woman that Ben was talking to at the end of the second episode? Apparently she has been in about 5 episodes so far but I don't recognize her?...

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That's Mrs. Hawking. She was in only two episodes so far: Flashes Before Your Eyes. She also appears in a photo on the head monk's desk in Catch-22.

7. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    Just to clarify, next season is the final season of LOST. After watching three seasons of 24 in a row (on DVD, obviously) in an attempt to catch up on that show, the season premiere of LOST was a bit lacking, for me. Here's hoping it picks up the pace!

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I've been enjoying them, seeing the characters jumping to different eras on the island. I was hoping we might see the Black Rock crash, though I don't know if that'll happen now that Locke's turned the wheel again.

And now Charlotte's joined the land of the deceased. Will John's (or anyone taking up his mission) travels fix that or is she out of luck. It'll be interesting to see.

And the look on Desmond's face when he recognized Hawking: classic. Not to mention Ben's reaction when Des called her Daniel's mother. Anything that throws Ben for a loop is always interesting.

9. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    So, was Ben's last minute errand to make good on his promise to kill Penny? I hope Desmond saved her but I doubt it. I imagine Penny will be so dramatically injured or dead that the only place that can heal/resurrect her will be the island.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That's what I'm afraid to find out. Though I do wonder how Des may have responded. Ben seemed pretty alarmed talking on the phone. Maybe he performed the act in front of Charlie?

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    If he'd attempted to kill Penny and Desmond or one of Widmore's goons was there, Ben wouldn't be alive.

12. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    I'm a believer in the "what happened, happened" theory of time travel but I do think that it would be such a major game changer to have Jack stop 815's crash and then see how the universe course corrects to bring them all back to the island. There's not enough time left in the show to do that theory justice but it would be impressive.

13. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    Here's my theroy on what happens (note this may just be all a load of crap :p )

But I think that jack letting the bomb off is what is responsible for the smoke moster and also is the reason that anyone who gets pregnet on the island dies in childbirth. I also think it has something to do with the swan site being built and why the button has to be pushed.

I think no matter what Jack thinks, the plane crashing can not be stopped. I mean we got a hint in the last episode that whats happening is the proper course of events. We saw Miles Dad telling his wife and infant son to leave the Island, ala how it actullay happend. Like I said I think if Jack does detonate the bomb then its what meant to happen and there is no way to change the future.

14. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    One thing that Faraday fails to account for is the universe course correcting. Apparently this is a lesson his mother never taught him. Regardless of what Jack does and the success of those endeavors, the 815ers are destined to be on the island...some how.

15. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    Holy crap what a way to end a season!

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Preston and Steve had a hilarious take on the creepiness of Mike Emerson's acceptance speech tone at the Emmy's last night (it occurs 1:17:23 into that MP3).

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

17. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Damn, where's everybody been?

There are a lot of spoilers coming out now.

18. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Bump. This show rules.

19. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Edit: Never mind; posted in the wrong thread.

(the season premiere was awesome though)

20. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, I won't be watching this show.
    Started with ep 1, and turned it off after 10 minutes.
    No idea why anyone spends time on it or is at all interested.
    Maybe that's the mystery?

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Any specific reason you turned it off? 10 minutes of an hour long drama is hardly any time at all.

22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Emilie de Ravin's new portrayal of Claire is just wrong, it's a cross between a try-hard Rousseau and Crocodile Dundee.

Other than that I am loving season 6

23. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Panicky characters don't do anything for me. Neither to stoner idiots. The explosions were getting gratuitous. The guy sucked into the engine because he was too dumb not to know about intake. The fact that the engine was still running full speed. The mood and flavor established annoyed me more than engaging me. I don't generally like starting en-media-res and having to backtrack. In fact, I can't think of one movie except Star Wars and Dark City that did that and worked (but that could just be my short-term memmory).

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    The best thing to do Koohii is to start watching half way through the pilot, that's what I did and I have kept watching it ever since. I haven't even gone back to try and see what I've mist out on...

25. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    thanks. Maybe I'll try that when I've got fewer other things to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.