main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lost Tribe of the Sith: Spiral #5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Didn't see a thread for this, so...

[​IMG]

Lost Tribe of the Sith: Spiral #5

Lord Dreypa’s Leviathans continue their destruction of the lost tribe of Sith, searching in vain for an ancient, well-hidden Jedi starship. Beating Dreypa to the ship, a Sith rebel finds himself on the cusp of attaining his dreams—destruction of the tribe and discovery of a way to reach the galaxy. But there could be something that would cause him to have a change of heart, and Lord Dreypa could have found it!
    * The final action-packed issue!
    * Sequel to the best-selling e-books.

Preview

Out today, I believe.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That made me chuckle a little.

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Loved it!!

I wished JJM could have written any of the FOTJ books, I love his Sith and his characters and his hands.

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    pretty good conclusion

5. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I liked the design of the ship -- very basic and old-fashioned while not being ridiculous.

Overall, a great conclusion. The best moment for me was Spinner looking at Kesh from above -- though it was so clear from the start he'd go back down again.

6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I did enjoy Drepya calling the planet a mad house and being utterely confused on how things could have gotten so bad for the Sith.

But yeah Spinner going back was obvious. Also Varner is really exploiting the system that forces Spinner and Takara to work their way up the ranks to High Lords before getting a chance to be Grand Lord by the time they do that he is likely to be dead anyway.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    More witty Varner is always amusing, and the Grand Lord's Hands is a nice addition, what with the Tribe knowing about the Shadow Hand philosophy...

... I wonder if we're to take the cabal that Vol met up behind the scenes as his Hands?

Satisfying ending, with Takara killing the last Leviathan rather than Spinner doing everything :p

8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol she did not like being called weakness and hostage.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I currently have Issues #1 to #4 on the floor in a pile next to my desk...

Yet I've not read them, and figure I now may as well wait until #5 arrives.

Someone explain to me why I haven't just swapped to trades already? :p

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I wanted to go with single issues for this, but I'm having a hard time tracking them down. TPB it is then. *sigh* There goes another 6 month-year wait...[face_sigh]

11. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    That sucks.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm mainly peeved because these are good comics (well the two that I was able to find...), and poor JJM's getting gypped. I dunno, maybe Dark Horse needs to step it up on its Star Wars advertising or something.

13. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Really good issue and a nice ending. That five part issue was really good and gave me thrills. I'm not good at describing ( " Dreypa was a good character, and so was Takara...") but I really enjoyed Spiral. JJM made me love the Lost Tribe despite my first reaction in FOTJ " Oh god, another Sith offspring, seriously guys? Krayt wasn't enough?". Anyway, JJM turns everything in gold so I'm not surprised. But it is sad that only a few persons read his works.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I got around to reading this. Not a bad conclusion, and a pretty good arc overall. Lol, those leviathans weren't so tough after all.

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    they went down easy. And lol at Spinner's response to Takara's outfit. Also gotta love how her mom still misses the master plan from dear old dad

16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe you just like collecting things. It is a lot more fun to collect a couple of issues each month than collecting a couple of paperback over the year.
    By the way, you do not want to miss the cover art!