main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW LOST TV Thread (Australian release only)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Ok, this is a thread for LOST, but ONLY whats been shown on Aussie TV. i know some of u have seen up to the current US stuff, and maybe we can make a LOST: Spoilers allowed thread if u guys want. but i know personally, I dont even watch the previews for whats on next week! i sure as hell dont want to be spoiled on anything else.

I realise i cant stop anyone from just comign in and spoiling, but i can only ask people respect those of us who wish to know nothing. Dont even mention whats seen in the "coming next week" preveiws. Ever since the S1 preview which revealed in the ad that Jun spoke English, Linda and I always tape the show and watch it later, making sure not to watch the comign next
    in fact we do it with any channel 7 show, just to make sure we dont see it!

So: As of the threads begining, we can discuss Episode 2 of season 2, and all that came before.

Mike and Sawyer returning to the island, and seeing the others, even briefly, was awesome! The flashback of seeing what happened with Locke and Kate in the first ep was ok i spose, but i didnt find it nearly as interesting as the Mike/Sawyer side of the story.

All in all i cant wait for next week.

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I wonder whether it would have worked better as a two hour opening, instead of breaking it up into two episodes and explaining what happened in-between the end of the last ep. Still, it was interesting to watch.

I'm also wondering whether the 'others' are really the real 'others' ... if you know what I mean. I haven't seen the rest of season 2 yet, but (possible spoiler) for those that have, I'm guessing those others at the end of ep2 are those from the tail end of the plane, correct?

3. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    I wanna find out how Desmond got himself in that bunker in the first place!

4. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    yeah this sounds like a good idea.d_B

5. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    At first I didn't quite get why they were retelling parts of the 2.1, then the show went on a tangent and got into Lock & Kate's experiences in the bunker. Storytelling in a television format at its best. :D

6. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I missed the second episode! But apparently I didn't miss much according to my brother, I'll just have to catch up this week. Bring back Walt! He rocks.

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Wrong...

That's what I love about this show, something seemingly totally unimportant in one episode turns out to have dire consequences later on....

8. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    I also think the flashbacks play a important part in building up who the characters are and how they will react if something happens, the flashbacks always come back in one form or another to whoevers flashback is being told. D_B

9. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    *grumbles about the stupid show and its dire consequences*

10. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I keep missing episodes, will it be too hard to understand what's going on if I start watching it again?

I think I've missed all this years new episodes.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Interesting thought. I have only seen what is on TV, so I do not know what they, in fact, are. I don't know if this speculation is considered a spoiler, as I don't know what is happening in future episodes, but I'll just follow with what Kart did. If they are from the tail end of the plane, how can you explain the French chick and her companions? She spoke of them long ago.... A theory I thought of was that they are from a previous plane flight?do you remember when Boon talked into the radio inside that small plane how a guy responded by saying that they were survivors of Flight XXX? (Can't remember the number, sorry. It was the same number flight as them.)

12. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I have only read 2 sentence blurbs for the season two episodes, but what I have gathered from that is:
    I don't know whether the people at the end of episode 2 are the ones from the tail, but the people from the tail of the plane do make an appearance and are also trying to run from the 'Others'
    And from these blurbs, i think the main, new character from the tail group is a female... not sure though

13. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    im sure its a female as well and i also know whos player her but PM if you wanna know who she is cause i dont want people get angered if they read it on here.db

14. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    I can't believe this thread isn't buzzing after this week's episode. Sayid and Hurley introduced to the bunker, Lock and Jack watch an "orientation" film, Michelle Rodrigueze (sp?) steals Sawyer's gun and gives it to "the others", and Desmond runs off into the bushes fearing the end of the world! Amazing! :D

15. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    That 'Orientation' video was weird... At least is kinda explained the logo!

Oh and can anyone correct me on this? In Locke's flashback, it didn't look like her, but it sounded like Katey Segal (Futurama, 8 Simple Rules) played the love interest... Probably was someone else though.

16. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah that was Katey Segal. Common "Married....with Children!"

17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I watched the episode the other night, very hard to follow all the new stuff (I haven't seen an episode since last years cliffhanger).

At least something seems to be revealed, all seems very random though.

18. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    Thought it was Katey Segal, anyways last nights episode was good but still nothing really was explained. D_B

19. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    but still nothing really was explained

Heh, oh wow...

You had the right channel didn't you?

20. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    i think much was explained

*Its clear there are more survivors

*The hatch/bunker was one outpost on the island, which appears to have beena research station which studied many things, including zoo-ology (Polar Bears) and biology (Maybe why everyone is sick? or at least all the people from before got sick?)

* The countdown started when "something went wrong". im betting the outbreak of whatever it is that created the others. I bet zero will destroy the island, and is a sort of failsafe to make sure nothing escapes.

* The others i believe wanted Walty because he is psychic. or has paranormal powers, something they're studying.

21. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    the only part that annoyed me was when the chinese dude on the tape was about to say what happened if the code wasn't entered it like skipped and you didnt get to see what happened.

22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Hey LANDO_ROCKS, there are plenty of clips which summerise the first couple of episodes of season 2 at Channel 7 Lost site

23. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    As a result of last night's episode:

We have now seen the second (of the three) bunkers as refered to in "The Dharm Initiative", though do not yet know the logo.

We got a bit of Hugo's past up to his lottey win, the nerdy guy who acted his friend has the nerdy typecast, but i can't remember where i have seen him before.

There other things of course, but im lazy and will wait till someone else has something to say about the episode.

24. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    It was an excellent episode for character development (and a good change of pace from all the revelations and clues).

The nerdy typecast has appeared in Road Trip and The New Guy. Not sure of his name off the top of my head, but a quick search on IMDB says it's DJ Qualls. :)

What I liked best about that episode was how the audience simply assumes Rosie's husband is black just because she is. It was a very touching moment meeting him among the other survivors.

25. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Never really got into Lost, going to pick up Season 1 on DvD and check it out. Been loving Prison Break though, we are ahead at work :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.