main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW LOST TV Thread (Australian release only)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I stopped watching mid first season when they promised to show the monster next episode, but you didn't see it, and it was all a hallucination from the drug boy Locke knocked on the head. I recognised the marketing lure and distasted it.

I watched nothing of the tedious episodes since, until Michael shot his fellows, and saw things were picking up since. Next week's the season 2 finale. I think now that's there's less flashbacks the pace is picking.

I anticipated the sociological experiment from the beginning, but it's too obvious. i don't believe it's all the truth.

2. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    well IF it only was that that would be rather lame :p

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Define "they".

Because if you're talking about the channel 7 promos, that's really nothing to do with the show itself.

I hate the way TV shows are advertised, they nearly always blow a major plot point in the ads.

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Or hint upon something that doesn't exist in the episode at hand, just to get more people to watch (I refer to 24 and Lost on Seven).

I was thinking the other day. Remember the last flashback scenes for Hurley, at the institute? Alot of people suggested the entire show is in his head (that episode had alot of things that tied to the island, such as a poster of the island, and one of the patients holding a polar bear toy, as examples). I'm starting to wonder whether that entire episode played out to fool us into thinking that, which seems likely, but at the same time, it's also possible that everything we see of Hurley's past is actually 'fake', that it's his head creating stories to trip us up into believing something that isn't real.

Or maybe I'm thinking too hard on the subject :p lol

Oh, and speaking of 24, anyone watch that too? How obvious was the end!!

5. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000
    I am leaning more and more towards greek mythology as an explanation for Lost. It seems to fit best so far.

Especially the greek god Apollo.

* The only non-generic food in the pantry are the APOLLO bars

* The stations are named after greek star signs

* Statues of Apollo are four-toed

* Apollo is the god of colonisation (the survivors), the Sun (re Sun Kwon), logic and reason (re Jack), music (re Charlie), medicine and healing (re Jack, and the island's seemingly miraculous ability to heal), but also the bringer of the plague (re the sickness).

* "When Hera found that Leto was pregnant and Zeus was the father, she banned Leto from giving birth on the mainland or any island at sea. Leto found the newly created floating island of Delos, which was neither mainland nor a real island, and gave birth there. The island was surrounded by swans. Afterwards, Zeus secured Delos to the bottom of the ocean. This island later became sacred to Apollo."

Some suggest that the island is Delos risen from the bottom of the ocean - hence the Black Rock being found in the centre of the island ...

And so on.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    logic and reason (re Jack)

Jack was never supposed to have survived the pilot episode. Originally he was to be played by Michael Keaton and killed by the monster that eats the pilot in the very first episode.

So, any facts about the show's secrets tied to Jack are probably nothing to do with the overall plan they have.

7. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I think the "overall" story doesnt change much. they probably rearrange characters and their "connection" to whats going on around.... as long as they dont screw up the show like they did on alias[face_praying]

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    You're probably right.

Unfortunately, the one person I correspond with who has to do with the writing of this show is annoyingly tight lipped on the whole deal.

9. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Doesn't matter. Whether or not Jack survived the pilot (instead of the pilot not surviving the pilot, ho ho) someone would have been made the epitome of logic and reason. It just turns out it was Jack.

One of the major themes of the show is reason and logic versus faith and intuition. The characters are constantly being put in situations that require them to choose one or the other. So naturally you'll end up with characters who argue for reason and logic and characters who argue for faith and intuition. The writers made Jack team captain for logic and reason, and Locke team captain for faith and intuition. But it could have been just about anyone (e.g. Arzt versus Rose).

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Quite true actually, I guess it could just as easily been someone like Sayid for instance.

11. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    is there nothing he WANTS? something only YOU can do for him? :p

12. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I cant think of a single thing. I've long since learned to not even talk about LOST with him.

13. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    damn :(
    anything a "lady" could do for him? :p

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

We need soldiers liek that in Del Rey's/LFL's offices. Someone who knows how to close the venus plant mouth, and not reveal nothin' till release.

15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    That's strange?? There is a REAL Greek island called Delos, it's a short ferry ride from Mykonos.

I've been there, it has been largely uninhabited for most of it's history - it's populated solely by shrines to different gods. If you ever go don't bother hiking the big mountain in the middle, there is nothing at the top - I found out the hard way!

Lemme find a Wikipedia link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delos

16. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
  17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    BTW - you know the countdown timer thingo in the original hatch, when it flicks over you can see what looks like Egyptian heiroglyphics, anyone know the sigificance?

18. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Yay! Final episode tonight!!

Oh and can someone please lead me to a site with season 3 spoilers please.

19. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I heard somewhere that those letters mean DEATH or UNDERWORLD or something like that ;)

20. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    All I can say is thank goodness the finale is on, sick of finishing early on a Thursday then having to work through Lost :mad:

21. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Think yourself lucky, K -- Series 3 starts in the US in a few weeks ...

22. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    omg thats true:eek:
    yayyyy[face_dancing]

23. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    ahh man ><

There goes any hope of some kind of a break :_|

24. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

How does that affect you, K ?

They're playing 6 eps in Sep and the other 18 or so in Jan. So I'm guessing we won't have it here until at least next march or so ... ?

25. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    who wants a break????[face_shame_on_you]

bring on S3[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.