main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lost Twenty: The names of the jedi who are the...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AresHel, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AresHel

AresHel Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2003
    Can anyone tell me which jedi make up the lost twenty(besides Dooku), or can anyone give me any ideas where to get this information(magazine, book, rpg guide or website). I have some ideas but seem to have hit a brick wall. Any help would be appreciated.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The "Lost Twenty" are only those Jedi Masters who left the order. And presumably, this number is "post-Reconstruction," or after the Galactic Republic had been reformatted after the events of Jedi vs. Sith 1000 years prior to ANH.

And we don't quite know all of them.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm also thinking it was connected to only Jedi Masters, as there were apprentices who went astray who I am sure would not fit that description (ex: Xanatos).

4. Dark_Assassin

Dark_Assassin Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2003
    Dooku, and I think Sing...

5. AresHel

AresHel Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2003
    Thanks for the input.

Genghis12: I think that the lost twenty spans the order since the sith war 4000 years ago

I have some ideas as to who is on the list. I want to run it buy you all. Ulic Qel Droma, Exar Kun, Dooku of course, Iann Doaba, Allya maybe. Any ideas as to whom you think is on the list would be welcome.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    You forget Kaan and the brotherhood of darkness! ;)

7. Dark_Assassin

May 15, 2003
    Aurra Sing don't forget.

8. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I though Aurra left while she was still a Padawan? :confused:

I think that the lost twenty spans the order since the sith war 4000 years ago

I think it could go either way, but I'm leaning toward the post-reformation era. Its really hard to judge if that is a lot or not. However, it seems that there would be more than 20 in the 4,000+ year history, considering how many Jedi left the Order to join the Sith. So, my interpretation is similar to that of Genghis', as counting only after the refermation would make more sense if the number is that of 20. If the number were much larger than 20, I would be inclined to say it was in the complete history of the Jedi instead.

9. Dark_Assassin

May 15, 2003
    She was a wacko thats what she was. :p

10. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    if it's after the Jedi vs. Sith, then only Dooku is known! ;)

trust me on this one!

Colonel

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    StarWars.com Databank | Expanded Universe | Aurra Sing

Pain, death and vengeance have been constants in Aurra Sing's life. Had she benefited from a better upbringing, perhaps she may have grown to be one of the greatest of the Jedi order. Instead, she became one its deadliest scourges.

As with all Jedi hopefuls, Aurra's Force-potential was discovered when she was an infant. Being raised on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa's vertical cities, Aurra's species is unknown, and her mother was a spice-addled reprobate named Aunuanna. The mysterious Jedi known as the Dark Woman took custody of Aurra, spiriting her away to Coruscant to begin her initiation into the Jedi way, taking her far from the dark decay of the Smuggler's Moon.

Aurra was a difficult, headstrong student. She displayed a cunning instinct and deadly reflexes, but lacked the control needed to fully master the Force. The Jedi Council hoped that the Dark Woman could tame Aurra's aggressive instincts. Some of her fellow students even branded Aurra with the nickname "Nashtah," after the deadly six-legged Dravian hound.

[b][u]Aurra and the Dark Woman never established the bond that the Council had hoped for. While on a trip to Ord Namurt, Aurra was kidnapped by star pirates, who fed her lies regarding the Jedi. The lies played well to Aurra's natural fears of abandonment and betrayal. At the tender age of nine, she turned her back on the Jedi order, not even having achieved the rank of a Padawan learner. [/b][/u]

The life of a pirate agreed with Sing, as she was able to focus her aggression. She learned martial and hunting skills while living on the fringe. Ill fortune caught up with Sing when a Hutt crime lord took her captive. Wanting her turned into a deadly assassin, the Hutt apprenticed Sing to a group of vampiric Anzati. Aurra underwent a transformation, stripping away any vestiges of compassion she had left. She emerged from her training a deadly, remorseless killer, seeking revenge for all who had wronged her in the past. The Anzati even affixed her with a Rhen-Orm biocomputer sensor implant, which not only increased her situational awareness, but also transmitted a simulated sensation of the fear the Anzati preyed upon.

Aurra became an independent bounty hunter specializing in Jedi hunts. She collected at least six lightsabers from her fallen foes as grim trophies, and brandished her own scarlet-bladed Jedi weapon. She armed herself with twin blaster pistols and a long projectile rifle. For her primary surface conveyance, Sing relied upon an outdated but highly modified swoop.

Aurra continued to kill Jedi as the Republic began to decay and crumble around her. A'Sharad Hett, Peerce and J'Mikel were but three of the Jedi she murdered. She had longed to track down the Dark Woman and exact vengeance for what she viewed as betrayal. Sing had her chance during the Clone Wars.

With her loyalties determined by her own vendettas and the highest bidder, Aurra Sing found easy employ in the chaos of the Clone Wars. She worked for Count Dooku, seeking the young Boba Fett for information the clone child possessed. When she learned that young Fett was heir to a fortune, she disregarded the original bounty mission, and tried to get Jango Fett's treasure for herself. She took the boy to Aargau, home of the riches, where young Boba was able to escape from Aurra in the labyrinthine interior of the banking planet.

When Aurra was hired to assassinate a Senator on Devaron, a team of Jedi was sent to investigate. Among them, the Dark Woman. Aurra sprang a trap on her former master, pinning the Dark Woman and the Jedi Master Tholme in a cave explosion. The remaining Jedi, Aayla Secura, tracked down Aurra and confronted her. What followed was a fierce duel between the two women. The fight was nearly a draw, until Aayla goaded Aurra, piercing through her icy façade to describe the wounded, lonely, abandoned child within. Aurra attacked ferociously, but Aayla beste

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    For what its worth, here's what it says in the script:

Scene 047- INTERIOR JEDI TEMPLE, ARCHIVE LIBRARY-DAY

A bronze bust of Count Dooku stands among a line of other busts of Jedi in the Archive Room. OBI-WAN stands in front of it, studying the striking features of the chiseled face.

On the walls, lighted computer panels seem to stretch to infinity. Farther along the room in the background, FIVE JEDI are seated at tables, studying archive material.

After OBI-WAN studies the bust for a few moments, MADAME JOCASTA NU, the Jedi Archivist, is standing next to him. She is an elderly, frail-looking human Jedi. Tough as old boots and smart as a whip.

JOCASTA NU
    Did you call for assistance?

OBI-WAN
    (distracted in thought) Yes...yes, I did.

JOCASTA NU
    He has a powerful face, doesn't he? He was one of the most brilliant Jedi I have had the privilege of knowing.

OBI-WAN
    I never understood why he quit. Only twenty Jedi have ever left the Order.

JOCASTA NU
    (sighs) The Lost Twenty...Count Dooku was the most recent and the most painful. No one likes to talk about it. His leaving was a great loss to the Order.

OBI-WAN
    What happend?

JOCASTA NU
    Well, Count Dooku was always a bit out of step with the decisions of the Council...much like your old Master, Qui-Gon Jinn.

OBI-WAN
    (suprised) Really?

JOCASTA NU
    Oh, yes. They were alike in many ways. Very individual thinkers...idealists...

JOCASTA NU gazes at the bust

JOCASTA NU
    He was always striving to become a more powerful Jedi. He wanted to be the best. With a lightsaber, in the old style of fencing, he had no match. His knowledge of the Force was...unique. In the end, I think he left because he lost faith in the Republic. He believed that politics were corrupt, and he felt the Jedi betrayed themselves by serving the politicians. He always had very high expectations of government. He disappeared for nine or ten years, then just showed up recently as the head of the separatist movement.

OBI-WAN
    It's very interesting. I'm not sure I completly understand.

JOCASTA NU
    Well, I'm sure you didn't call me over here for a history lesson. Are you having a problem, Master Kenobi?[hr][/blockquote]

[link=http://www.geocities.com/mrghoul_01/images/jocasta_obi.jpg]Pic of scene before graphics[/link]
    [link=http://www.geocities.com/mrghoul_01/images/jedilibrary_dookubust.jpg]Pic of scene after graphics[/link]

And here's what it says in the novel:

[blockquote][hr]The old woman smiled and walked past him to regard the bust of Count Dooku. "He has a powerful face, doesn't he?" she commented, her quiet tone taking the tension out of the meeting. "He was one of the most brilliant Jedi I have had the privilege of knowing."

"I never understood why he quit," Obi-Wan said, follow Jocasta Nu's look to the bust. "Only twenty Jedi have ever left the Order."

"The Lost Twenty," Jocasta Nu said with a profound sigh. "And Count Dooku was the most recent and most painful. No one likes to talk about it. HIs leaving was a great loss to the Order."

"What happened?"

"Well, one might say he was a bit out of step with the decisions of the Council," the Archivist replied. "Much like your old Master, Qui-Gon."

Even though Obi-Wan had just been thinking the same thing, somewhat, to hear Jocasta Nu speak the words so definitely caught him off guard, and painted Qui-Gon in a more rebellious light than he had ever considered. He knew that his former Master had his moments, of course, the greatest of those being the confrontations concerning Anakin, but he had never thought of Qui-Gon as that much of a Rebel. Apparently, Jocasta Nu, who had her finger as squarely as anyone on the pulse of the Jedi Temple, did.

"Really," Obi-Wan prompted, wanting the information about Dooku, of course, but also hoping to garner some insight into his old and beloved Master.

"Oh, yes, they were alike in many ways. Very individual thinkers. Idealists." She stared at the bust intently, and it seemed to Obi-W

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Was Darth Bane originally a Jedi who embarassed the Dark Side?
    Anyone have TPM's novelisation handy?

?[face_plain]

14. AresHel

AresHel Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2003
    DarthAttorney:As far as we know Bane and Kaan were always sith.

I talked to a friend about the subject. He did some research about it and found three names besides Dookus. Ulic Qel Droma, Iann Doaba, and Chon Action. Otherwise he hit the same wall that I did trying to find the rest. If you have any ideas as to who else is on the list and would like to share them with me it would be most helpfull

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    There's this jedi kid in the Jedi vs. Sith Comics, and he turned to the dak side, so they might consider him one!

Otherwise there are Darth Malak, and Darth Raven, who turned to the dark side after giving chase to the mandalorians! ;)

Chicks dig the car! ;)

16. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    That's Darth Revan to you, EKW! :D

EDIT: And come to think of it, Bastila Shan leaves the Order too.

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

17. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Well i've never played the game, so wouldn't know all of the details! :p

~Wiggins

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.