main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOST] UDC4: Desert Island Drabbles Week 9: Updated 6/5/09!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Desert Island Drabbles

A/N: This will truly be a challenge for me as I am not completely comfortable writing broadly in this fandom. I have only written three vigs to date. This is on a smaller scale but also demands more ideas and a more open mind. I also plan to jump around in the series timeline. Beware casual viewer. As if that were possible. We?ll see what comes. Thanks for joining me on this journey. Enjoy!

Week 1 - 4/6/09 - provided by brodiew

Flash in the pan

One minute he was holding a sturdy rope, lowering John into the well; the next, he was a rope which protruded from unmolested ground. The absurdity of the situation was lost on him as he dropped to his knees and feverishly starting clawing at the dirt. He yelled John?s name as he dug believing, if for only a moment, that he could retrieve the man buried alive.

She touched his shoulder and said his name in the resigned frustration they all felt. He stood and nodded as she explained that John was no longer here. Damn these flashes to hell.

Out on a limb

Traipsing into the forest to meet the Others for any reason was a risk. In fact is near suicidal. Sawyer knew that hostiles were just that. They were known to shoot first and ask questions after you were dead. There were few people in Dharma who could walk in the jungle freely without being shot on site. Sawyer was one of them.

?When we meet them, keep your mouth shut,? Sawyer said in warning. ?It?s a delicate situation.?

?Really?? Kate replied, with a hint of sarcasm.

?Don?t test ?em, Freckles. They?ll kill you just as soon as look at you.?

Out of the blue

One evening, a year after they had come to live in Dharmaville, Sawyer had a strange thought dart across his mind. Though, he and Juliet were pretending to be married, he had never actually carried her across the threshold of their house. He knew she would be surprised. He knew she would protest. He knew she would love it.

As they approached the front door, he took her arm and turned her toward him.

Looking into her cool blue eyes, he said:

?Welcome home, Mrs. LaFleur.?

With that, he scooped her up into his arms and walked into the house.

Wet behind the ears

Juliet watched as James sauntered out to meet Richard Alpert. The other man sat patiently, but confidently, exuding the air of wisdom, power, and danger which made him so effective in his mission to bring her to island.

She hoped; no she knew that James was quick on his feet. But was he quick enough to tame Richard?s obvious indignity. Time would tell.

They seemed to be talking amicably; James displaying a similar but cocky confidence. He needed to keep the peace, and the pissing contest, in check. A draw was the best hoped for and the best possible outcome.

Heat of the moment

?You?re insufferable!? Juliet declared, hands on her hips. ?How did I ever think we could live in the same house??

?Is that a rhetorical question, Miss Manners? Why don?t pull out your trusty taser and throw me a few volts if it?ll make you feel better!?

She stepped to him and slapped his face faster than he could defend himself.

In response, he pulled her to him and dipped her, dropping to one knee. The surprise on her face was evident, but nothing compared to when planted his lips on hers.

The passion of their argument had taken a detour.

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    These are good, brodiew. I'm not too familiar with Lost as I got a bit lost trying to follow it ;) but I like the slightly cryptic way these are written. :) They seem to capture that very cryptic nature of the programme.

The passion of their argument had taken a detour.
    I really liked that line. :)

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm so late getting to this, brodiew :( You know how I love Lost [face_hypnotized]

The absurdity of the situation was lost on him as he dropped to his knees and feverishly starting clawing at the dirt. He yelled John?s name as he dug believing, if for only a moment, that he could retrieve the man buried alive.

I really love this moment. Who knew Sawyer cared so much about Locke? It really shows how much he's grown as a person. And you did a great job of capturing it and how Juliet sort of pulled him back to the reality that there was nothing he could do.

They were known to shoot first and ask questions after you were dead.

[face_laugh]

?When we meet them, keep your mouth shut,? Sawyer said in warning. ?It?s a delicate situation.?
    ?Really?? Kate replied, with a hint of sarcasm.
    ?Don?t test ?em, Freckles. They?ll kill you just as soon as look at you.?

A nice addition to this scene. Again, I was really impressed with what Sawyer did here.

?Welcome home, Mrs. LaFleur.?
    With that, he scooped her up into his arms and walked into the house.

Aww.

She hoped; no she knew that James was quick on his feet. But was he quick enough to tame Richard?s obvious indignity. Time would tell.

Yeah, he's quick enough, as it turns out :cool:

?Is that a rhetorical question, Miss Manners? Why don?t pull out your trusty taser and throw me a few volts if it?ll make you feel better!?

[face_laugh]

Ah, their first meeting :p

Great job, brodiew =D= You're doing a terrific job with the Sawyer/Juliet relationship and I loved all 5 of these little moments :D

Keep the Lost fics comin'! [face_dancing]

4. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Tahi: Thank you so much for following my work of late, Tahi. It is a great encouragement. I'm glad you enjoyed these even if the source material is lost on you. ;-P I am growing in this fandom daily and reviews are inspiring.

YodaKenobi: No worries, Yoda. Your comments are always welcome. As for 'Flash', I am intrigued by Sawyer's attitude change toward Locke. I hope to explore more as I go along. I think James came to trust and respect John and was shocked when he disappeared. I know James/Juliet is not your favorite pairing, so I appreciate your suuport all the more.

Week 2 - 4/13/09 - provided by path-seeker

Impossible

When John Locke first awoke, he tasted sand in his mouth and felt a heavy weight on his back. He tried to twist out from under it, but quickly discovered he was tied to the object. When he looked over his shoulder and saw the spinning wheel, it all came back in a flood. The crash.

He unhooked the strap which secured his legs and reflexively kicked free of the chair. He?kicked. His legs moved. Not only did they move; they had power. He sat in the sand and stared at his legs as he moved them back and forth.

Unlikely

When John Locke first awoke, he was in complete darkness. He tried to raise a hand to his face, but it hit something hard. Bringing both hands to the hard surface above him, he pushed.

Light flooded his vision. He closed his eyes tightly until he could adjust. When he opened them he took in a strange scene. He was in the jungle, but he was also lying in a coffin. Stepping from the coffin, he tried to remember how he had gotten to this moment in time. Smiling, he wondered if Ben would tell the truth about killing him.

Reasonable

Juliet?s head lay in James? lap as they rested on the couch and listened to Tchaikovsky on the turntable.

?Music?s not bad,? James said, looking down into her sparkling eyes. Juliet was holding an ice cream cone which she playfully touched his forearm and traced a line down to his wrist.

?Hey!? he exclaimed, slightly surprised by the act. ?What was that for??

She giggled and brought the cone back to her mouth. ?Do I have to have a reason??

?Reasonable, at least,? he said, covering her hand with his. ?That was down right provocative.?

?Then you get my meaning.?

Probable

When Jack left Sawyer and Juliet?s house, he was in no better place than when he arrived. What did he expect, really? After three years in radically different worlds did he expect them all to fall into line behind him? Did he want them to?

When he heard himself ask Sawyer if he had a plan, did he even know what that meant? Ben was nowhere to be found. John was dead. What were they supposed to do? He wasn?t sure if he completely believed that the Island would show him. Now, at least, he was open to the possibility.

Definite

?I know Dan has given us his time travel for dummies, but have you ever thought about trying to stop what Ben will do to Dharma??

?Of course,? James said, evenly. ?But, that?s way out ahead. No sense dwelling on it.?

?Do you have a plan?? Juliet pressed.

?What?s with all the ?plans? all of sudden?? he said, only mildly irritated. ?You and the Doc are playin? the same tune.?

?Don?t talk about Jack in our bed,? she admonished.

?Snarky little devil.?

?Calm down, Big Fella,? she whispered. ?I?m just curious how you plan to save me all over again.?

5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I know James/Juliet is not your favorite pairing, so I appreciate your suuport all the more.

I don't really have a problem with it, or anything? I'm not really much of a "'shipper." I'm just still not convinced it's not misdirection by the writers :p

He unhooked the strap which secured his legs and reflexively kicked free of the chair. He?kicked. His legs moved. Not only did they move; they had power. He sat in the sand and stared at his legs as he moved them back and forth.

Awesome =D= What's cool is, I didn't even know whether this was the 815 crash or the 316 one until the end of the first paragraph.

Very nicely done!

Light flooded his vision. He closed his eyes tightly until he could adjust. When he opened them he took in a strange scene. He was in the jungle, but he was also lying in a coffin.

Love the juxtaposition of these two scenes back to back :D

Smiling, he wondered if Ben would tell the truth about killing him.

lol. Does he ever?

Juliet was holding an ice cream cone which she playfully touched his forearm and traced a line down to his wrist.

Juliet and her ice cream :p

Cute scene :D

When he heard himself ask Sawyer if he had a plan, did he even know what that meant? Ben was nowhere to be found. John was dead. What were they supposed to do? He wasn?t sure if he completely believed that the Island would show him. Now, at least, he was open to the possibility.

The new Jack is pretty interesting and you did a nice job capturing what must be going through his mind right now. A leap of faith is a new thing for him.

?Calm down, Big Fella,? she whispered. ?I?m just curious how you plan to save me all over again.?

Aww [face_love] I guess Sawyer had better realize that looming genocide isn't something people can just forget :p

Another great round of drabbles, brodiew =D= Locke and Sawyer are probably my favorite characters, so it was nice seeing a bunch of scenes of them. I'm excited to see what you have for next week :D

6. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    YodaKenobi: Thanks so much for the extended reviews. I appreciate how you comment on each one. you Have more John, with Ben, along with Dharmaville speculation this week. I hope you enjoy.

LOST Drabbles

Week 3 - 4/20/09 - provided by DaenaBenjen42

Truth

?It let me live,? Ben groaned.

Lock was silent as he watched Ben grab hold of the make shift rope. He pulled the smaller man up to the main floor.

?You look like you?ve seen a ghost,? John said noticing a fearful understanding in Ben?s eyes which he had never seen before.

?Something like that,? Ben replied, not meeting Locke?s eyes.

?What did you see, Ben?? Locke asked.

?You tell me, John,? Ben snapped, unaccustomed to being questioned. ?You seem very well informed.?

?I?ve never seen you like this. You?re scared.?

?Seeing your dead daughter will do that to you.?

Trust

?Where are we going, John?? Ben asked as he followed Locke through the jungle.

?I guess you could call it a summit, Ben,? Locke replied with easy confidence.

?A summit?? Bed asked, perplexed.

?Yes, Ben,? Locke said, looking back over his shoulder. ?We?re going to a meeting.?

?What kind of meeting??

?You?re asking a lot of questions. Just relax.?

?You know how I feel about being excluded.?

?You?ll live. And, Ben, a summit usually implies a meeting of important people.?

?There are few people on this island that match your level of importance, John.?

Lock grinned. ?Should be fun, then.?

Honor

James had never been in a gun battle before. Sure, he?d fired a lot different weapons, but a combat zone was little outside of his experience.

As bullets whizzed overhead, he realized that it was time to leave. This part was over.

Juliet was with him as was Kate, but Jack had been cut off from them, and as far as he knew, he didn?t t have a gun. Miles and Jin were close, taking cover behind a Dharma van.

?I?m going after the Doc,? he told them. ?If we?re not back in five minutes, you know where to go.?

Loyalty

?What?s your plan?? Juliet asked in her calm, quiet way.

He smirked. ?Run and shoot, darlin?,? he replied confidently. ?Try not to get shot.?

He locked eyes with his love. She seemed to be scrutinizing him, making sure he would be ok.

?You don?t owe him anything,? she whispered.

?What?? Kate said. ?What was that? I didn?t hear.?

James ignored her. ?You don?t mean that. Besides, I have a duty. Security chief, right??

?It?s more than that,? she said.

?Yeah,? he affirmed.

?I don?t want to lose you.?

?You won?t, Jules. And she won?t lose him either.?

?I love you.?

Love

Juliet watched as James darted away from her. Her eyes were locked on him until he rounded Horace?s house at the edge of the common. The enemy had better weapons, probably better training, and James was rushing headlong into it with a smile on his face. She remembered how he explained that cowboys and Indians was a favorite game of his as a child. One of his few bright spots. Perhaps, he was born for this moment. Perhaps it was his destiny to save his friends and get the girl.

She loved him and he would follow him through hell.

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    ?It let me live,? Ben groaned.

Yeah, he sounded almost disappointed after he got his marching orders from Smokey, didn't he? :p

?You tell me, John,? Ben snapped, unaccustomed to being questioned. ?You seem very well informed.?

Yeah, he does... what are the odds that John actually is the Smoke Monster?

?Seeing your dead daughter will do that to you.?

Really liked that bit. One of those dry, completely understated lines I can totally see Ben delivering.

Nicely done :)

?There are few people on this island that match your level of importance, John.?
    Lock grinned. ?Should be fun, then.?

lol!

Again, the back and forth sounds just like Locke and Ben. Great work =D=

?I?m going after the Doc,? he told them. ?If we?re not back in five minutes, you know where to go.?

Awesome. It'd be cool to see Sawyer go out of his way to save Jack [face_thinking] Looks like there will be quite a gun battle next week.

?I don?t want to lose you.?
    ?You won?t, Jules. And she won?t lose him either.?
    ?I love you.?

Aww [face_love]

Perhaps, he was born for this moment. Perhaps it was his destiny to save his friends and get the girl.

Or to die a martyr completing his redemption arc :p Seems more likely 8-}

Wow, that was exciting! Love the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid-esque standoff in Dharmaville :D Would be really cool to see Jack and Sawyer shooting their way out. And as for the Summit... Are Locke and Ben going to meet Jacob? Richard and Jacob? Someone else? Sounds like he was going to see more than one person and I don't know who else it would be [face_thinking]

Anyway, definitely looking forward to future drabbles that flesh this out :D Post more soon!

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    So, when's the next round of drabbles? [face_whistling]

9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    YodaKenobi: I'm so glad you continue to enjoy these drabbles. I wrestled with this weeks set because I'm not sure I want to write continuing stories week to week. This isn't really the format for that. I may get brave and write an extended vignette regardign the summitt. We'll see. As for the summitt, you were right about the meeting being with Richard and Jacob. We'll see what I decide about keeping that going in this thread. I'm please you like the back and forth between John and Ben. This is new to me.

You mentioned Sawyer dying to complete his redemption arc. I'm not opposed to that, but I would prefer it closer to the series finale. I fear for Juliet. We'll see.

I want Ben to be scared. I want him to believe Smokey and obey. That's why I had him tell John the truth in the first drabbles. But what I DON'T want is for Ben to be declawed. I like idea of change of leadership, but would prefer if Ben uses his skills to help John. What do you think?

Week 4 - 4/27/09 - provided by Jade_eyes

Gaze

?Have you lost the cabin again, John,? Ben jabbed, trailing behind the taller man as they continued through the jungle.

?We?re not going to the cabin, Ben,? Locke replied with out looking at Ben.

Ben took a couple of quick steps and took hold of Locke?s arm. ?If we?ve left the temple and we?re not going to the cabin, where are we going??

Locke?s previously contented face hardened and he leveled a harsh gaze on his companion. ?Take your hand off me, Ben. You?re no longer in control here. I?ll let you know where we?re going when we get there.?

Wink

Locke considered winking at Ben just to confound him further, but thought better of it. Ben was a know quantity, but without knowing exactly what happened below the temple, he decided not to bait the man. Besides, when they met up with Richard and Jacob, their may well be a different kind of judgment in store.

He had not seen Richard since before he moved the island. But the man seemed to know how things were to play out. Jacob told him to move the island, but Richard said he would have to die. He looked forward to final answers.

Distance

It is a testament to a man when he can persevere through myriad trials; standing when he his legs have been repeatedly knocked from under him.

It is a balm to a man who can smile when light has been shined into his darkly shrouded existence.

It is an omen to a man when his vision; his true vision, is rejected by those chosen to help him.

It is satisfying to a man to know that though dead, he is alive again to achieve his destiny.

It is intriguing to a man to know what exactly that destiny will entail.

Cold as Ice

As he pulled himself toward the wheel, protruding from the frozen rock, John felt cold to his core. What did Richard mean he might have to die? Why was Christian acting as though it were inevitable?
    The pain in his broken shin screamed through his body with every forward movement. How was he supposed the get them to come back with a broken leg? He shook his head. The least of his worries.

His hands gripped the wheel and searing cold assaulted his skin. He was already in pain. It didn?t matter. Turn the wheel, John. Push into the light.

Eternal Flame

She would never love another man. Whether James returned with Jack or not, he was it. Too much had gone before; too much pain. The bubble of happiness here in Dharmaville had been the sweetest nectar she had ever tasted. She was his enemy. She became an acquaintance. They became friends. It became love. Three years of unparalleled happiness. It would never be replaced in her heart. He love for him would burn in her heart until the day she died. Which may well be sooner than later.

There was a rustling in the foliage nearby.

?Jules??

Thank the maker.

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I'm so glad you continue to enjoy these drabbles. I wrestled with this weeks set because I'm not sure I want to write continuing stories week to week. This isn't really the format for that. I may get brave and write an extended vignette regardign the summitt. We'll see.

Cool either way [face_peace] I enjoy them as open-ended little scenes too. Let's the reader fill in the blanks, and that's always fun.

You mentioned Sawyer dying to complete his redemption arc. I'm not opposed to that, but I would prefer it closer to the series finale.

Yeah, I've always seen him dying in the final episode. I'd love to be wrong though :p Same with Locke. I imagine they'll both die in the Lost finale. I think a volcanic eruption will be involved. A story like this has to end in fire :p

I fear for Juliet. We'll see.

Same here. Goes back to the whole misdirection thing I think the writers are doing, but I don't know. They're so unpredictable.

I want Ben to be scared. I want him to believe Smokey and obey. That's why I had him tell John the truth in the first drabbles. But what I DON'T want is for Ben to be declawed. I like idea of change of leadership, but would prefer if Ben uses his skills to help John. What do you think?

Hard to say. I definitely wouldn't want Ben to be feeble or too good. I don't know if he will ever really help John. I keep thinking he won't really listen to Smokey/The Island and will still try to screw him over. The next few episodes should be interesting. I'm hoping we get to see Jacob at some point this year and get some answers that way.

On to the drabbles!

Locke?s previously contented face hardened and he leveled a harsh gaze on his companion. ?Take your hand off me, Ben. You?re no longer in control here. I?ll let you know where we?re going when we get there.?

[face_laugh]

Love it. The evolution of their relationship from "The Man Behind the Curtain" is tremendous. John is totally in control now [face_mischief]

Locke considered winking at Ben just to confound him further, but thought better of it.

lol. I love the Locke "evil smiles" and can totally picture him flashing one here.

He had not seen Richard since before he moved the island. But the man seemed to know how things were to play out. Jacob told him to move the island, but Richard said he would have to die. He looked forward to final answers.

ditto :p

Wow, "Distance" might be my favorite one yet. A lovely illustration of John Locke at this point in the story. It definitely feels like he's passed his trials and is ready for whatever's coming.

His hands gripped the wheel and searing cold assaulted his skin. He was already in pain. It didn?t matter. Turn the wheel, John. Push into the light.

Perfect. Locke putting aside his questions and pushing the wheel on faith alone :cool: Very nicely done.

There was a rustling in the foliage nearby.
    ?Jules??
    Thank the maker.

[face_laugh]

It's interesting seeing how happy the people who stayed behind, like Juliet and Sawyer, became, and how miserable those who left, like Jack and Kate, were. I guess that's why it was their destiny to come back.

I really liked Juliet's thoughts here. They've known each other way longer now than Sawyer knew the 815er's (sans Jin, of course) and that's going to make a strong bond.

A great job once again, brodiew =D= I'm now thoroughly pumped for the new episode [face_dancing]

11. S1thari

S1thari Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 13, 2008
    Wow. That line right there perfectly explains the direction - I think - Jack's character will be taking, and hopefully setting up the inevitable meeting between him and the Island's avatar, Christian - his father. Keep it coming!

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I like that idea, and think you're on to something [face_thinking]

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Back with Notes soon.

Week 5 - 5/4/09 - provided by Mira_Jade

Steps

Daniel?s steps were furtive and agitated as he lumbered down the hillside into the ?hostile?s? camp. The gun in his hand rested carelessly at his side. He had never used one before, but television and exposure to Keamy?s team taught enough to place his finger on the trigger and pull.

He had to stop the release of electro magnetically energy. It was so paramount in his mind that he didn?t care who he was approaching. The great consequences outweighed his current risk. They would listen. They would have to.

Richard appeared and his tension level rose.

?Where is she, Richard??

Stride

Richard Alpert did not recognize the voice which caustically disturbed the peacefulness of his camp. But he knew that name which the nervous voice called.

Throwing back the flap of his tent, he purposefully approached the unstable man dressed in Dharma over alls. What could he want with Ellie? Why was he acting so brazenly desperate?

Richard, too late, attempted to cover his surprise at the man?s mention of the bomb. More than that, this man called him by name.

?Put the gun down,? Richard said, searching the determined face before him. How did this man know him?? Wait!

CRACK!

Stumble

Jack Shepard swung open the door and stepped from the car. A high fence created a barrier between him and the airport which sprawled behind. He closed the door too hard and stumbled into the car. Leaning against it, he tried to clear his mind.

She was coming. Kate agreed to see him. That was miraculous enough. Did he really believe he could convince her to go back? He had to. HAD TO.

While he waited, Jack watched planes come and go. Did they know they were toying with destiny just setting foot on board? He sure as hell hadn?t.

Leap

When Kate Austin hung up the phone, she promised herself that this was the last time she would ever see Jack again. Nothing good would come from meeting him now, but he sounded desperate and given his recent condition, she feared he might actually hurt himself.

She remembered the Jack she first met; strong, brave, and confident. It was no leap at all to follow him. Now, he was a shell of a man, barely able to function at the hospital and popping pills to stay straight. She would not subject her self or Aaron to what he had become.

Fall

He didn?t remember the exact moment it happened. He didn?t even care to wrack his brain to find out. He was perfectly content just knowing it was real.

He remembered that he was the one who needed and anchor when they landed in Dharmaville. He didn?t want to be alone.

He had tried so hard, selfishly, to convince her to reject her hearts desire; to leave the island. He was tired of leaving and tire of being left.

When he said ?I love you?, it was an apology and a deeply genuine promise to give her everything her heart desired.

14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late!

He had never used one before, but television and exposure to Keamy?s team taught enough to place his finger on the trigger and pull.

Liked that bit.

Daniel was acting kind of crazy at the end of "The Variable" so it's nice being able to see what he was thinking.

?Put the gun down,? Richard said, searching the determined face before him. How did this man know him?? Wait!
    CRACK!

Too bad he didn't recognize him sooner :p

I don't trust Mr. Alpert o_O

While he waited, Jack watched planes come and go. Did they know they were toying with destiny just setting foot on board? He sure as hell hadn?t.

This was my favorite Jack phase. I liked him all drugged out and bearded. Like the part about the planes you worked in. I loved what he said about how he'd been flying in the season 3 finale.

Nothing good would come from meeting him now, but he sounded desperate and given his recent condition, she feared he might actually hurt himself.

She's a couple days late on that :p Very perceptive of Kate though.

She remembered the Jack she first met; strong, brave, and confident. It was no leap at all to follow him. Now, he was a shell of a man, barely able to function at the hospital and popping pills to stay straight. She would not subject her self or Aaron to what he had become.

Given Jack's current craziness, she probably should have stuck with that 8-}

When he said ?I love you?, it was an apology and a deeply genuine promise to give her everything her heart desired.

That was really sweet.

Another great addition, brodiew =D=

15. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Great drabbles!

16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    YodaKenobi: Many thanks, Yoda, for your continues patronage. I feel honored by your elaborate reviews. I agree that Kate can't catch a break with Jack lately. I don't want her with Sawyer, but Jack doesn't deserve anyone. :p I lookf forward to tonight's finale. I fear for Juliet tonight. I hated what I sw of her in the preview.

KotORBF2Female_Revan: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Week 6 - 5/11/09

Gallant

James had never considered himself a hero. He was one?s white knight. There just wasn?t room for it when immersing yourself in a pattern of self hatred and self destructive behavior. Opening a door or jumping to defend a lady?s honor always had an ulterior motive. It was about what he could get. How could he please himself? That didn?t change when 815 crashed. It didn?t change when he first met her. It didn?t even change in the early stages of their friendship. It took time, patience, trials, stability, and Juliet to make him see that love is about giving.

Filial

At what point does a man, who so prizes and cherishes his daughter, place his ego and interests above hers? What power could he achieve; what person could he hate; what goal could be more important than the life of his daughter?

It is said that power corrupts. In the mind of Benjamin Linus, he thought he was invincible. The trouble with those who are invulnerable is, that no matter how much you believe they are, your loved ones often are not as safe.

As the image appeared in the smoke, Ben watched as he gave his daughter to Death.

Vexation

Richard Alpert was not accustomed to being in the dark. Although he was not the ?Leader?, he held a revered position within the Others? tight knit community. He had always been part of a leadership team and he was sure of his place and his authority.

When John Lock waltzed into the camp with a boar in his shoulder and started giving orders and making proclamations, Richard could see that the balance of power was shifting. There was no doubt that John was the Leader, but he didn?t seem amenable to Richard?s subtle manipulations. There was something troubling about that.

Sublime

James leaned back against the sofa, his knees up and Juliet?s head resting in his lap.

?What are we doing here, James?? she asked lazily.

?Waiting for John,? he replied, with an easy grin.

?What?s he gonna bring us??

?Answers, I guess. A way home. A magic carpet.?

?Funny man. Do you think it?s our destiny to be here??

?Absolutely.?

?You know what I mean; beyond the fact that we found each other.?

?Hell, Jules, I try not to think that hard. But, ?cause I can see you?re determined, I?d say there?s more to this thing than a plane crash.?

Superficial

Horace, Amy, Sawyer, and Juliet sat the dinner table in Horace?s home. This couples dinner was the first of its kind and, in Sawyer?s mind, a fact finding mission for the Dharma boss.

?So, how did you like the movie, Jim?? Horace asked, sipping his beer.

?I never get tired of Michael Corleone,? Sawyer drawled. ??Fredo You broke my heart.??

Juliet smiled at James? impression.

Amy laughed.

Horace eyed Sawyer closely. ?You mean you will never get tired of Michael, right??

Sawyer blinked and gave a gracious laugh. ?You?re right, Horace. I get tongue tied sometimes when I get excited.?

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I lookf forward to tonight's finale. I fear for Juliet tonight. I hated what I sw of her in the preview.

I loved the finale. I'm still recovering from the shock and piecing it together. Have a ton of theories 8-}

Opening a door or jumping to defend a lady?s honor always had an ulterior motive. It was about what he could get. How could he please himself?

This is really funny. He said pretty much the same thing to Jack last night.

It didn?t change when he first met her. It didn?t even change in the early stages of their friendship. It took time, patience, trials, stability, and Juliet to make him see that love is about giving.

No doubt their relationship has certainly matured Sawyer. Though he's done a few disappointing things since the Oceanic 6 returned.

As the image appeared in the smoke, Ben watched as he gave his daughter to Death.

It seems like that is really the defining moment in Ben's life now. I really liked the part about the loved ones of the invincible being in danger.

When John Lock waltzed into the camp with a boar in his shoulder and started giving orders and making proclamations, Richard could see that the balance of power was shifting. There was no doubt that John was the Leader, but he didn?t seem amenable to Richard?s subtle manipulations. There was something troubling about that.

Yeah, no kidding o_O

Nice getting to see Richard's complete confusion at the turn of events.

?Hell, Jules, I try not to think that hard. But, ?cause I can see you?re determined, I?d say there?s more to this thing than a plane crash.?

It's getting harder and harder to ignore all the weirdness on the Island... Okay, it's ****ing impossible at this point :p

Liked the Sawyer/Juliet convo.

?I never get tired of Michael Corleone,? Sawyer drawled. ??Fredo You broke my heart.??
    Juliet smiled at James? impression.
    Amy laughed.
    Horace eyed Sawyer closely. ?You mean you will never get tired of Michael, right??

[face_laugh]

Awesome =D=

Another great set of Lost drabbles, brodiew :D Can't wait to see what you do next week in light of the finale [face_dancing]

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    YodaKenobi: Thanks for continuing to support my need to write some LOST. As always, I'm gratified by the time you take comment on every one. That said, I'm glad you enjoyed this set. The finale was bittersweet for me as you might imagine, but in the best tradition of LOST, it left us with a giant WTF at the end of the episode. Yeah, Richard has definitely lost some of his mystique lately, but I'm still very interested in his story. As for James and Juliet, your take ended up on screen. Sad. well acted. James still has work to do. I loved Jacob, but was troubled disappointed with where he was left at the end. He'll be back, but it was still a little anticlimactic. I will disagree with you about the how the next season will begin. I'm hoping for some kind of consciousness travel, but starting over with 815 crashing is too much of a reversal in my mind. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm eager to see what you think about this set.

Week 7 - 5/18/09 - provided by DaenaBenjen42

No Turning Back

As the white light and the ear splitting wrenching sound subsided, James Ford opened his eyes. Tear tracks streaked his dirty face and anguished desperation highlighted every line on his face.

Sitting up, he scanned the jungle before him. In the distance, he could see the concrete protrusion. The Hatch. Just as John had disappeared into the earth, so had Juliet. Closing his eyes, he fell backward, wanting to die.

?You have work to do.?

Her face danced across the black screen of his mind. Those bright blue eyes, her come hither smirk, her golden hair, settled in his heart.

No Backing Down

Jack Shepard was never so sure of anything in his life. He knew he had to act. He knew what he had to do. He would drop the bomb down the well. He had to. The island demanded it.

But why?

He would have to make up a reason. The most obvious would be to preclude loss of life. How many had died in the crash? How many afterward?

The less obvious answer trembled in his stomach. Sawyer said ?a man acting with such purpose usually wants something.? What did he really want? Did he still need to fix things?

Nowhere to Run

Fire light flickered on five exhausted faces. Each sat with their head down, only daring to glance at each other through the corner of their eyes. They had returned to their beach camp, but the weathered state of disrepair told them it had been deserted for some time.

?So what do we do now?? Hugo asked, daring to break the silence. ?Everybody?s, like, dead.?

?Quiet, Jabba,? James barked. ?Unless you wanna be dinner.?

Jack darted an admonishing look at Sawyer while Kate glanced at him sadly.

?Sorry, Dude. I wasn?t thinking.?

?Don?t sweat it, Hugo,? James replied. ?I?m outta sorts.?

No One to Trust

Suddenly there was a rustling in the trees and a terrifying, yet all too familiar sound rose over them. Trees lurched and swayed and the final five survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 stood, and shrunk back, but did not run.

?Are you sure this is a good idea?? Hugo said through trembling lips.

?It?s up to you, Hurley,? Jack said. ?I?m just tired of running.?

The rest of the group seemed to nod ascent, but no one spoke.

?I think I?ll stay.?

?Good idea, Hugo,? said John Locke was he waltzed confidently out of the jungle. ?I?ve been expecting you.?

No Place to Hide

?John?? Sawyer said, amazed to see the man alive and well. ?Where the hell have you been? Jack said you were dead.?

?He was,? Jack said, staring.

?I?m better now, James,? Locke replied. ?But I can?t say the same for you.?

As soon as the words left his lips, two lines of men and women parted from behind him and surrounded the small group at the fire. With guns drawn and raised, the newcomers exuded extreme hostility.

?What are you doing, John?? Jack asked calmly.

?The five of you are the last bit of housekeeping before declaring my complete victory.?

19. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    ?The five of you are the last bit of housekeeping before declaring my complete victory.?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's just...dramatic...wow.

AWESOME set of drabbles!!!

=D= =D= =D=

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late!

Thanks for continuing to support my need to write some LOST.

Thank you for posting it. I need something to get me through the next 8 months [face_hypnotized]

The finale was bittersweet for me as you might imagine

Yeah, sorry it looks like you lost one of your favorites :( The show breaks your heart some times. So many great characters.

but in the best tradition of LOST, it left us with a giant WT* at the end of the episode.

Agreed!

I loved Jacob, but was troubled disappointed with where he was left at the end. He'll be back, but it was still a little anticlimactic.

I have a hunch it's one of those scenes where we don't even understand the full significance of it yet and we'll look back after season 6 starts and go "wow."

I will disagree with you about the how the next season will begin. I'm hoping for some kind of consciousness travel, but starting over with 815 crashing is too much of a reversal in my mind.

Yeah, I'm not sure when they will be. Jacob said, "they're coming," and I think he meant Jack, Kate, & co., so maybe they'll move to 2007 somehow.

Okay, on to the good stuff now...

Sitting up, he scanned the jungle before him. In the distance, he could see the concrete protrusion. The Hatch. Just as John had disappeared into the earth, so had Juliet. Closing his eyes, he fell backward, wanting to die.

Wow! That makes for a stunning parallel. Would be interesting to see if they did something like that.

?You have work to do.?
    Her face danced across the black screen of his mind. Those bright blue eyes, her come hither smirk, her golden hair, settled in his heart.

Also a great parallel to Locke and Walt in the season 3 finale :D I love that Jacob seemed to hand-pick several of our characters to help him (if that's what's going on). I've always been a fan of the idea that they were all there for a reason, part of a huge conspiracy that put them on that flight knowing it was going to crash, so I found that pretty satisfying.

Anyway, love the emotion here. I know no matter what Sawyer will see Juliet again in some form on the Island and it will be interesting to see how that goes down. I like what you have here, with her guiding him towards his task :cool:

He would have to make up a reason.

Interesting, so you think Jack was lying? [face_thinking] I'm not a fan of his reasoning on this, believing it was his destiny to make it so none of them ever had a purpose on the Island, so it would be neat if he was just saying what he thought he needed to to get the bomb in the hole. I kind of suspect that's what Faraday was doing now with the "Variable" stuff.

Fire light flickered on five exhausted faces. Each sat with their head down, only daring to glance at each other through the corner of their eyes. They had returned to their beach camp, but the weathered state of disrepair told them it had been deserted for some time.
    ?So what do we do now?? Hugo asked, daring to break the silence. ?Everybody?s, like, dead.?
    ?Quiet, Jabba,? James barked. ?Unless you wanna be dinner.?
    Jack darted an admonishing look at Sawyer while Kate glanced at him sadly.
    ?Sorry, Dude. I wasn?t thinking.?
    ?Don?t sweat it, Hugo,? James replied. ?I?m outta sorts.?

Can I just say this is one of the things I'm looking forward to most? The 815er's have been split up since the end of season 3, working at cross-purposes most of the time. I can't wait to see them come together in the aftermath of the tragedy in the Incident, realize what they have to do, and work together again.

Great little scene. I've missed the back and forth between Sawyer and Hurley. Was awesome when they really became friends :D

?I think I?ll stay.?
    ?Good idea, Hugo,? said John Locke was he waltzed confidently out of the jungle. ?I?ve been expecting you.?

[face_laugh]

God, I hope we get the real Locke back somehow. I miss him already.

This would be awesome :cool:

?John?? Sawyer sai

21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Responses to come...

Author note:
    I'm not sure how I feel about this set. It just seems...meh. Let me know what you think. Sawyer wakes up to a new life after the flash at the end of season 5 finale.

Week 8 - 5/25/09 - provided by Mira_Jade

A Little Bit of This

As the light faded, Sawyer continued to squeeze his eyes shut. He did not want to return to a world without her. But the strange sensation at his arms caused him to open them in curiosity.

He lay flat on the floor of a modest living room. The carpet was beige and soft. Sitting up he scanned the unfamiliar space for anything he might recognize.

?Dad?? a voice called from another room. He looked toward a swinging door just in time to see a young boy come through.

?Dad, what are you doing on the floor?? the boy asked, concerned.

Anything But That

?A good question, Kid,? Sawyer improvised, glad that he didn?t have to explain as a stranger. ?Dad? was weird enough. ?I musta tripped.?

?Oh, okay,? the brown haired boy replied. ?Are you hurt??

?Nah,? Sawyer replied. ?It takes more than a rug burn to take down your Pop.?

?Pop?? his son said, looking at him quizzically. ?Whatever, Dad. Are you feeling ok??

Sawyer got to his feet. ?Where?s your mom??

?She?s gone, Dad. She has been for a while??

No. Not here, too. Wait a minute. How do you even know she?s your wife? Could be Cassidy right? God forbid.

Not For Nothing

James thought about asking where she went. But, if she had died, that would be very confusing for the kid. But he was pretty damn confused, himself. He decided to risk a different question altogether.

?Where?s your sister?? he said, awkwardly.

As if on cue: ?Right here, Daddy.?

He spun to see a young teenage girl standing at the foot of the stair. Her light brown hair was straight and he skin was golden brown. Freckles draped her nose and cheeks like works of art.

Damned if she didn?t look like Kate. But that was impossible. ?Hey, Darlin?. What?s up??

Everything Else

?School,? she replied stoically as she passed through the swinging door. ?Like every day.?

As the boy followed her and her and he followed the boy, they entered the kitchen.

?Clemmie, I found dad on the floor in the den and the first question he asked was where Mom was.?

Clemmie? Clementine? This was his daughter. But where was Cassidy and who was the boy?

The young woman screwed up her face at the apparent silliness of her father?s question. ?Come on, Dad. You know very well that Mom works double shifts on Wednesday?s. She should be home any minute.?

40. What Matters Most

Getting the kids breakfast and off to school was a chaotic flurry and one in which James barely contributed. He sat dumbly at the table trying to process how the kids had related to each other. Did he get the kid?s name? He was sure it stated with a ?J? but couldn?t remember.
    He turned to look at the refrigerator where families usually displayed photos, but was distracted by the sound of car door closing outside. He rushed to the window. It was her blonde hair that caught his eye first. When turned toward him, tears welled in his eyes.

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Ahh, Lost drabble day :D Been looking forward to this.

I'm not sure how I feel about this set. It just seems...meh. Let me know what you think. Sawyer wakes up to a new life after the flash at the end of season 5 finale.

I've been thinking of posting a 5 or 6 post Lost fic speculating on the season 6 opener [face_thinking] I've got some ideas... I probably won't, but I wish people would post more Lost fics around here :p

?Dad?? a voice called from another room. He looked toward a swinging door just in time to see a young boy come through.
    ?Dad, what are you doing on the floor?? the boy asked, concerned.

His and Juliet's son, I'm guessing? I was thinking of Clementine before you said "son."

No. Not here, too. Wait a minute. How do you even know she?s your wife? Could be Cassidy right? God forbid.

lol. She seemed pretty bitter last time we saw her? not that I blame her.

He spun to see a young teenage girl standing at the foot of the stair. Her light brown hair was straight and he skin was golden brown. Freckles draped her nose and cheeks like works of art.
    Damned if she didn?t look like Kate. But that was impossible. ?Hey, Darlin?. What?s up??

I have no idea where you're going with this now [face_thinking]

The young woman screwed up her face at the apparent silliness of her father?s question. ?Come on, Dad. You know very well that Mom works double shifts on Wednesday?s. She should be home any minute.?

Who's it going to be? [face_hypnotized]

He turned to look at the refrigerator where families usually displayed photos, but was distracted by the sound of car door closing outside. He rushed to the window. It was her blonde hair that caught his eye first. When turned toward him, tears welled in his eyes.

Aww, that was sweet :D Lookings like James and Juliet got a restart together.

Not sure why you were "meh" about this set. I enjoyed the little mystery written into this post and really enjoy the season 6 speculation :) I hope that if Sawyer gets off the Island he becomes a part of Clementine's life. Great job, as usual, brodiew =D=

23. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    YodaKenobi: thanks for keeping up with this. I appreciate your reviews greatly as you know. I would love to hear some of your fic ideas. You are epic dude, and so I expect will Season 6.

Thanks for the kind words on this chapter. I never thought about 'mom's' identity being a mystery for anyone but Sawyer. I'm glad it worked. I may return here. I have image of a road trip along the California coast in a convertible Mustang.

Week 9 - 6/1/09 -

Necklace

Juliet had never been one for adornments, and after living with Sawyer, he was sure she would never need them again. He constantly assured her that her natural beauty was all he needed and that any earring, necklace or bracelet would only serve to tarnish her image. She wasn?t sure she believed that entirely, but James was often either hot or cold on subject.

She was even more surprised the evening he presented her with a hand made necklace made of small shells. I t reminded her of the kind of necklace a surfer might wear. She absolutely loved it.

Earrings

Sun couldn?t think of why she wanted to wear earrings to dinner tonight. Perhaps, it was because she and Jinn had just reconciled and she wanted to look pretty for him. Maybe she wanted to look nice for herself. Being a castaway never afforded a reason to dress up; unless, of course you were Mrs. Howell, the insanely wealthy, but silly American television character. The reality of being stranded on a mysterious island was much more nerve wracking and desperate than presented on ?Gilligan?s Island?. She hoped Jinn would notice the effort. If not, it was possible someone else might.

Watch

Sawyer looked at his watch again. He hated being nervous. There was no reason for it. He had met Richard the night he and his ?crew? arrived in Dharmaville. He stood his ground and met the man head on. Why was he worried about a second meeting? Perhaps it was the midnight kidnappings, the creepy birthing centers, and, oh yeah, the flaming arrows. He frowned at the memories and tried to suppress the butterflies. He looked at his watch again.

?So, where is he, H?? Sawyer growled, restlessly.

?Be patient, Jim,? Horace replied, quietly. ?Richard likes to make and entrance.?

Belt

Richard Alpert was always immaculately dressed. No matter when or where you saw him, he looked smooth. In fact, he might just be wearing the same clothes all the time. The smart Navy blue shirt, the black belt, the green pants. His metro jungle wear aided in his projection of confident authority. He had to make sure that everyone thought he knew what was happening, because they knew he didn?t, all hell would break loose. That would be bad.

Watching the body of John Locke fall from the metal container, he knew it was finally time to change his clothes.

Ring

After much debate, it was decided that the ceremony would take place in the quad rather than the beach, which James, strangely enough, thought had too many variables for disaster.

?What if our rings fall in the sand? Or the Ocean? What if that El Nino blows us all out to sea? What if the ?Hostiles? attack? What if a god damn volcano erupts??

Juliet rolled her eyes and capitulated to his antics. If he wanted it in the quad, so be it. ?Even is the Island did have a volcano, I doubt we?d be safe in the quad either.?

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I would love to hear some of your fic ideas. You are epic dude, and so I expect will Season 6.

I have a feeling it will be the best season of the series (or at least I hope so!). The show has never really let me down before :cool:

And thanks :) I was thinking maybe it would be a Richard Alpert episode :p

I may return here. I have image of a road trip along the California coast in a convertible Mustang.

It does feel like the ones who make it off the Island in the end will end up in California, doesn't it?

He constantly assured her that her natural beauty was all he needed and that any earring, necklace or bracelet would only serve to tarnish her image.

Cheap ******* :p Seriously though, it's probably difficult to come by jewelry on the Island anyway. I doubt many of the Dharma shipments include that kind of thing.

She was even more surprised the evening he presented her with a hand made necklace made of small shells. I t reminded her of the kind of necklace a surfer might wear. She absolutely loved it.

Perfect! I really like that Sawyer made it himself with pieces of the Island. Very cool.

She hoped Jinn would notice the effort. If not, it was possible someone else might.

That is an interesting way to end it o_O Who is Sun thinking of...? I'm also wondering when this is in the Lost timeline.

Anyway, I like that you hint that even though they're reconciled that things are still on shakey ground with them. I really can't wait to see them reunited next year.

Why was he worried about a second meeting? Perhaps it was the midnight kidnappings, the creepy birthing centers, and, oh yeah, the flaming arrows.

Yeah, the Others are not so nice at times, are they? [face_plain]

?Be patient, Jim,? Horace replied, quietly. ?Richard likes to make and entrance.?

lol. It's how he keeps his air of mystique :p

Really like this scene. We fastforwarded through so much of Sawyer & co. time in the Dharma Initiative and it's neat to see him working with Horace and realizing they were together 10 times longer than they were with the other 815ers. Too bad Horace turned out to be such a spineless weasel. I liked him before.

Richard Alpert was always immaculately dressed.

He really is [face_thinking] Except for that time in the Man Behind the Curtain when he was dressed rags and had the long hair... what's up with that!?

In fact, he might just be wearing the same clothes all the time. The smart Navy blue shirt, the black belt, the green pants.

Yeah, it's weird.

metro jungle wear

[face_laugh]

He had to make sure that everyone thought he knew what was happening, because they knew he didn?t, all hell would break loose. That would be bad.
    Watching the body of John Locke fall from the metal container, he knew it was finally time to change his clothes.

[face_laugh] =D=

This is very true. One of the bigger revelations in the Incident, in my opinion, was how little Richard and the Others really seem to know. I get the feeling they don't even know the Man in Black exists, or, if he is the Monster, that it's not something they should be paying homage too. I get the feeling Jacob hasn't really told them anything, which I guess fits in with his apparent free-will philosophy.

Anyway, this was a really clever way of showing Richard's shock. Loved it!

Juliet rolled her eyes and capitulated to his antics. If he wanted it in the quad, so be it. ?Even is the Island did have a volcano, I doubt we?d be safe in the quad either.?

Good point :p I still think we're going to see the Volcano blow in season 6.

Great little scene here. There are a lot of unanswered questions about Juliet and Sawyer's relationship during the Dharma years. Were they considering marriage? Was it a common-law thing? [face_thinking] I like what you did here, about trying to decide where would be the best place to do it on this crazy Island :p

Another fantastic set of dra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.