main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lost Under the Surface-AU-Obi/Xan/Garen(co-written with Shaindl) Complete! 10/13!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :_|

It's over! Sorry the wait has been so long, but I've been so reluctant to give up such a wonderful experience, that I haven't wanted to write this... :D

Actually, thank you all (especially OE!) for your patience with me. RL has been brutal of late, and I'm just now able to get back into the swing of things. I hope this chapter pleases you.

Thank you also to all of you for following this so religiously. I don't think either OE or I expected so many dedicated and fun readers - you've all made this a great thread to be in.

And finally, my biggest thank you to OE who is without a doubt one of the warmest, kindest, finest people on the boards. You're the best, OE - thanks for being there so often over the past few months. :)

Hope you enjoy...

?You should have seen it, Little Shadow!? Xanatos practically crowed. ?I was a one-man fighting machine!?

Obi-Wan fought not to roll his eyes as a deep snort that turned mysteriously into a cough off to his left told him that his Master was just as amused. They were in Obi-Wan?s med wing room, Garen and Xanatos just returned from finishing the last of their follow up mission to bring peace to Jahov. Their first stop had been Obi-Wan?s room, leaving both him and the older Jedi amused at their general state of disarray. Dirty from climbing through caves and hiking through forests, their faces sunburned and stubbly from not having seen a shaver, they were most decidedly not the image of Jedi perfection they usually were. Especially Xan, a fact that had made them both laugh.

Stealing a glance at his Master, Obi-Wan smiled as Qui-Gon met his gaze in shared amusement. The big Jedi hadn?t moved far from his side since Xanatos and Garen had brought him back from the cave he had been imprisoned in, Masterly instincts kicking in as they had every time Obi-Wan had been hurt.

They had had a chance to talk while they both recuperated, spending a lot of time sorting out what had gone wrong. That had both realised they had each made mistakes ? Obi-Wan trying too hard to prove himself as a Knight, Qui-Gon still acting like his Master rather than as a partner. Privately, they had come to the conclusion that the Council had made its own mistake in sending them; they hadn?t had enough time to get used to their new relationship and it had almost cost them greatly.

On the other hand, Obi-Wan had suggested with a grin, maybe the Council hadn?t made a mistake, seeing as how it had finally been the thing that had brought Garen and Xan together. Every time he?d seen them they had been nearly inseparable, their heads close together, speaking in hushed whispers most of the time.

Obi-Wan suspected he knew what they had been talking about ? Garen?s eyes had lost some of the haunted look they had had since Sahar had made her accusations and convinced him he was tainted by the Dark Side. He still had a ways to go, but Obi-Wan was more grateful to his bond brother than he could express ? Garen needed to hear that he was still of the Light Side from someone who had touched the dark and had returned himself.

In fact, their mission together had brought them closer than he had ever believed possible. Obi-Wan almost thought it was worth the pain and being cut off from the Force. There were times when he?d despaired of them ever tolerating each other, let alone almost becoming friends. But now, if he didn?t know any better?

?then again, he reflected as he sighed, old habits died hard.

?de Crion, if that head of yours gets any bigger, you won?t fit through the door.?

The Chose One whirled, eyes flashing. ?Well, it?s not like you did anything useful to help mop up the rebels.?

?I didn?t have to,? Garen stated bluntly as he looked Xanatos up and down. ?They got one look at your scruffy face, and the way you brandished your lightsabre like an Ewok brandishes a club, and they gave themselves up in abject terror!?

With the death of the woman who had started out as their leader, and turned into their jailer, most of the Jahovian rebels had been

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Perfect ending Shaindl ! You are so talented and sweet, this has been nothing but a pleasure! I feel I made a good friend and I hope we can do this again one day. :)

To our readers, I'll miss you all! :_| Thanks for going along with us on this journey! [face_love]

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Applause Applause

That was a great ending.

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    o-e, you won't have a chance to miss us. Aren't most of the readers here also reading your other wonderful stories? ;)

That was the perfect ending! As much as I hate to see any good story come to an end, I know it must happen. At least everything worked out for the best, and everyone came away with a better understanding of things.

--later--

6. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    A perfect ending to a perfect story. *Claps hands.*

7. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    It's over! :_|

Wonderful ending Shaindl. You and oe worked beautifully together, the story flowed seamlessly. Great job both of you. :)

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    //Watch, Padawan Mine. This could be fun.//

Qui-Gon addressed the two again. ?There is only one question left to be answered, gentlemen.? At their expectant gazes, the elder Jedi settled back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest with a satisfied smile. ?Who gets to sign the treaty first??

And then, Obi-Wan did laugh as the argument started.
    [face_laugh]

That was too funny...here the boys are semi getting along, and Qui goes and riles them all up again.

That was a fabulous ending Shaindl!

You both did a terrific job bringing this to life! :)

~Bek

9. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Love the ending! :D But now it's over! :_| This was a wonderful story, obi_ew and Shaindl!!! You two make a great team. :)

Encore? [face_hopeful]

:D

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Wonderful ending to a wonderful fic ladies :) Nice, but not too mushy. You two work beautifully together, I know I would most definately read another collaboration effort from you :D

Oh, and also a belated CONGRATULATIONS to you both on the OC awards!

I have such mixed feelings when one of the fics i'm following is completed. So sad it's over, yet it's so nice to have seen it through to the end. You definately gave us good closure. Now I have an opening for a new fic- as I only follow 3 here at the boards. When and if either of you start posting a new fic, please let me know. I most certainly wouldn't want to miss out.

Again, WONDERFUL! Great job ladies.

--Shan

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    A wonderful ending to a terrific fic. I loved that Qui-Gon was actually starting trouble and having a wonderful time doing it. And Garen and Xan were terrific as they began to act as brothers rather than enemies. A terrific job.

Superbly done, ladies!!!

12. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh no, it's over!! :_| I always find it so sad when I reach the end of a story, especially when it's been so good.

This was a perfect ending, Shaindl, everything has been settled between everybody. We know for sure Obi will recover, Qui-Gon came to terms with his mistake, and Garen and Xan finally accepted each-other, without of course forgetting their rivalry. What else could we possibly ask for?
    I loved the passage where we learn how inseparable the two of them became after the events with Sahar. I'm happy! [face_love]

Well done, ladies, both of you. It's been a great adventure, and more importantly, it was fun for everyone of us! Thanks for sharing with us and for having given us the opportunity to have fun like that.

Congratulations again for the nominations and awards, you deserved them.

Cheers!

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Great ending!!!!

14. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*dies laughing*

What an adoreable ending!! [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love]

SEQUEL PLEASE!!! :_|

15. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I can't believe that I have missed the ending of this fabelous story.

It was a great ending and so much fun.

Vadey

16. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Happy Birthday oe! :)

Here is your birthday up! :D

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    See happens when I am bored and not in the mood to write? :p

Thread Status: