main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOST] We Meet Again (Jack, Sawyer) one shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: We Meet Again
    Characters: Sawyer, Jack
    Time frame: immediately following 5th season episode 'Lafleur'.
    Summary: Sawyer and Jack talk on the ride back to Dharma.
    Notes: I'm still getting my feet wet with LOST fan fic, but I hope you enjoy this. If there is enough encouragement I may do a follow up.

"You look good, Doc," Sawyer commented as Jack climbed into his blue Jeep. "The longer hair works...and that suit, we don't have those kind of threads around here."

"Thanks, Sawyer, but are we really going to talk about my clothes? It's been three years."

"Indeed it has, Jack," Sawyer replied, turning the ignition key. "A lot has happened since you left."

"Tell me," Jack said in earnest.

"Jin speaks pretty damn good English these days. Miles has gotten a lot less annoying. He's actually grown on me. Faraday, on the other hand, well, he not doin' so good."

"What happened?"

"Charlotte died."

Jack took that in stride, but none the less, showed concern. "How?"

"It's the craziest thing, Doc. When you left, or the island moved or whatever the hell happened, we started jumping through time."

"You what?" Jack said, incredulity lacing his voice.

"The island moved alright, but every time the damn sky lit up, we were in the same spot, but not the same time.

"Time travel isn't possible, Sawyer," Jack said. "It's all science fiction mumbo jumbo."

Sawyer shook his head and razed his hand through his hair. "I've missed you, Doc. Anyway, after four or five flashes, some of us started getting nose bleeds. Charlotte was the worst. We got separated from Dan for a while and when we met up again, she said she was gone."

"I'm sorry to hear it. Daniel's not taking it well?"

"Not for three years. Something broke, Jack. He's not the same anymore."

"You mentioned Daniel, Jin, and Miles, but what about Juliet?"

Sawyer was silent for a moment. His hands rested on the steering wheel easily. "I left her at home."

"At home?" Jack said, confused.

"Yeah, the Dharma barrack's. You remember them, don't you, Doc?"

Jack released a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. "Yeah, I remember. Do you have room for us?"

"That's gonna be tricky, Doc."

"Why? If the place is vacant, there should be plenty of room."

"It's not vacant, Jack," Sawyer said, turning to me Jack's eyes. "We have joined up with the original inhabitants."

"Just tell me, Sawyer. I'm tired of guessing."

"It's 1977, Doc, and we've joined the Dharma Initiative."

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Nice filler piece!!

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    This is great, brodiew =D= I'm loving Lost this season and the reunion of the survivors in LaFleur and Namaste was a lot of fun. Your take on it was great :D The Jack and Sawyer dynamic is one of the best things about the show and you've got a good handle on it.

Keep posting Lost fics!

4. S1thari

S1thari Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 13, 2008
    Really great little passage. I would be very interested to see what your thoughts are and what you would do after watching the most recent episode, "He's Our You," and what you (and others) believe what consequences will come after Sayid shot a young Ben Linus...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.