main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOST] What You Wish For (Sawyer/Juliet) drama romance humor one shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: What You Wish For
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: Sawyer, Juliet
    Time frame: Immediately following 'Namaste'
    A/N: This is only the third LOST fic I've written. I'm an unashamed lover of the Sawyer/Juliet relationship and wanted to try something. This is not what I had originally planned, but I think it turned out pretty good. Enjoy.

LOST: What You Wish For

As he nodded to Kate and turned his back on her, Sawyer reentered his house. His mind was swirling with the drama of the day and he was glad it was over. When he had seen Kate on the point, when he had seen them all, he was glad they were back. Now, he wasn?t quite sure how they were going to fit into the life he had created for himself and the remaining survivors.

He had been waiting; waiting for three years for John to come back. Right before the giant bald rabbit disappeared down his hole, Sawyer had begun to respect the man and believe that he knew what he was doing. Strange thing, that. They crazy old timer seemed in his own world most of the time. His single minded obsession over the island and its mystical properties had gotten almost as annoying as Jack?s single minded obsession of getting them all off the island. And where was the Doc now? Coming into his house after three years and demanding action on his terms. Not this time, Hos. He was surprised that Jack didn?t put up much of a fight. Maybe the fight had gone out of him. Maybe leaving and coming back was too much. Hell, who knows when it comes to the Doc?

Where the hell was John? Dead? That?s what Jack said and the others confirmed it. He didn?t want to believe it. If Locke was dead, then?what? What was next? What were they doing here in Dharmaville, if there wasn?t something more to the story? Dammit, John what happened.

Sawyer let out a long sigh and ran a hand through his loose brown hair. He looked up and saw Juliet leaning against the doorway, her arms folded, but a questioning look of sympathy on her beautiful face.

?Weren?t you a little hard on his, James?? she said, tilting her chin in his direction and smiling.

?Hell no, Honey,? he replied, a hint of defensiveness in his tone. ?He came in here and started demanding things. That doesn?t work with me.?

?I heard ?you reacted? and ?people died??, she said, softly.

He looked at her coolly. ?They did,? he said flatly.

Juliet gave an affirming nod and said: ?Okay.? But Sawyer knew she had more to say.

?What?? he asked, though not too forcefully.

?He doesn?t know you, James,? she began. ?Know only thinks he knows the man you were three years ago.?

?That might be, Jules. But he seems like the same old Jack to me.?
    ?Maybe,? she said, turning and disappearing into the kitchen. ?You want a drink??

?Yeah, I?ll have a beer,? he replied following her and taking a seat at the table.

She popped the cap and placed the can in front of him. She sat down.

?What do we do now, James?? she asked in earnest, stretching her back by pushing her own beer toward the center of the table, resting her elbows on the edge.

?That?s a question for tomorrow,? he said, staring into her blue eyes, covering her hands with his own.

She smiled broadly. That killer smile. The one destroyed him every time he saw it. When she smiled, this smile anyway, he could see her heart. And wanted to see it. He wanted to please her. He wanted to see her happy. He wanted her to be happy.

He had sensed her confusion and maybe even a little fear when he broke the news to her this morning. But everything had happened so fast, they hadn?t had a chance to talk about it. He would never suggest she was scared. This was Jules. She had a better poker face than he did, and that was saying something.

?You?re giving me the smile,? he taunted playfully. ?You know what it does to me.?

?I do?? she whispered innocently, knitting her brown and acting as if she didn?t know what he was talking about. ?What smile are you speaking of, Sir.?

She flashed it again.

He sobered at her effort to please him. He stood and rounded th

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    w00t! More Lost! [face_dancing]

He had been waiting; waiting for three years for John to come back. Right before the giant bald rabbit disappeared down his hole

lol

Where the hell was John? Dead? That?s what Jack said and the others confirmed it. He didn?t want to believe it. If Locke was dead, then?what? What was next? What were they doing here in Dharmaville, if there wasn?t something more to the story? Dammit, John what happened.

I can't wait to see the look on everyone's face when they find out Locke rose from the dead... if he did... and if they ever do :p

?Hell no, Honey,? he replied, a hint of defensiveness in his tone. ?He came in here and started demanding things. That doesn?t work with me.?

When Jack said, "I got us off the Island" I couldn't believe it. Getting 6 out of 48 crash survivors off the Island isn't exactly "Getting us off the Island" :p

She rolled her eyes at that and stood taking his hand. She tugged lightly and leading him into the living room.
    ?Wrong way, Darlin?,? he said, pointing down the hallway toward the bedroom.

[face_laugh]

Nice.

Great job, Brodiew =D= I'm not sold on the Sawyer/Juliet relationship yet (and not sure the writers are even actually trying to sell it), but you did really great work writing them together. I loved the back and forth between them. Very sweet :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.