main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOTR 2???????

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Could there be a LOTR 2?????

The ending of LOTR, allows a second one to be made, since there was really no end to LOTR.

2. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I thought it was the Two Towers...

i saw that trailor on the LOTR DVD and i thought it was great. Cant wait to see that movie...

3. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Bravo,

EDIT 7: After carful consideration, I am un-hiding the title of the last book. Read with care. ;)

There will be LOTR 2 and 3. The second one is called The Two Towers (this was the original name that Tolkin gave it 40+ years ago) and the third one will be called Return of the King (again, this is the name Tolkin gave it 40+ years ago). The Two Towers will be coming out this December at about the same time FOTR came out (18th) and Return of the King will be coming out in December 2003. :)

EDIT: I strongly suggest reading the book before TTT comes out in December. It is a fantasic book. BTW, just for reference the book is called Lord of the Rings and is comprised of 6 books, 2 books per volume. The first volume is Fellowship of the Ring (books 1 and 2), the second The Two Towers (books 3 and 4) and the third and final volume is Return of the King (books 5 and 6). And no, the titles give nothing away about what happens in each volume.

EDIT 5: Also, after you have read the complete LOTR, you should read The Hobbit (Bilbo's adventure on how he got the One ring, etc.), Silmarillion (about Elrond and Galadriel and the elves) and Tales from Middle Earth (Kinda like Tales from Mos Eisley. Short stories and the like). :)

EDIT 6: Ok, The Two Towers opens December 18th, like alison_breeze said. :) Holy smokes, 6 edits! :eek:

4. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

I believe Two Towers is opening on Dec 18...

Alison

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I really don't think you can consider anything to do w/ these spoilers. Especially since, most people have seen the cartoon version of the last book, plus, we all know there are 3 books and what the titles are. Even more so, since they are sitting in dtand up displays in almost every store you walk into.

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I say read The Hobbit before the Lord of the Rings as it was written before and takes place before LOTR...and I personally like it better.

7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    me too. I got all the books when I heard about the movies & I bought the Hobbit to get me started. I enjoyed it. I tried reading the fellowship of the rings after that & I could not get into it. The opening dragged on forever. I liked the movie- looking forward to The two towers.

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, exactly the same for me josh...I still haven't ever gotten past like p60 or something like that in Fellowship...I got bored and kept just putting it down and reading other things instead...

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Same with me I love the Hobbit. And only after I heard that LoTR was coming out, I forced myself to read the last two of the series that I had not. The story actually picked up and the last one went quite quickly. But I hate how Tolkien will do this:

On the last day of the feast, which was coincidentally the last day of our stay in the forest of the twelve saitr's, who are not disscused here because their stories are long and would take nearly two months to tell (hobbit months, which are quite different than elven months), and it would most likly make no sense to the casual listener due to the bardic manner the story must be told in, a manner in which twelve hundred verses of a song in the language of the sawblades must be sung by a man no taller than a horse that is three years old, and fourteen hands high, chestnut in color, and with a white spot on the whithers...

ok, you get the picture, too much information in one sentace :p

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    wow cory, you made it to page 60?!

I think 30 was my last attempt. I remember lots of talk about trees. Lots & lots of trees. all about them.

ok, J.R. its the woods. I get it.

thank the maker for movies. folks like me get it all in a few short hours. I love the fast food mentality backed up with the latest CGI.

& now... theaters have Icees!! .... sorry, got a little off track. mmmmm, Icee :)

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, yeah. I tried to read it again after I got the DVD and watched it. It got me all interested...then I realized that to read all the cool parts I'd have to read all the boring parts too...and I didn't get any further than I was the last time...

12. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Man, I feel like a nerd now. I have read all 1014 pages of LOTR some 5+ times already. :eek:

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I read it once, when I was 12, and haven't picked it up again. The first time was enough, and the movies have done a good job of bringing it back to life.

Did anybody ever read that other book Tolkien did, it's supposed to be like a "bible" for these people? I think he did way too much backstory on this thing. Of course, you realize it is the basis for Dungeons & Dragons?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.