main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA LotR 2

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Force_Me, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    Anyone?

2. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Well, I'm seeing it midnight tonight (actually 12:01 tomorrow...)

A group of us Clones are going to be meeting at Fuddruckers Thursday evening at 6pm for supper (I recommend the ostrich burger) followed by TTT.) I promise not to spill any big spoliers, although details from the book are fair game... :)

Tom

3. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Yeah, but what about those of us who haven't read the book, like me? I don't want to know what happens! That's part of what makes the moviegoing experience so great!

-Dale

P.S.- I just heard on the radio that Steven Spielberg has confirmed Sean Connery's participation in the fourth Indiana Jones film, due to begin shooting next year. YES!!!!!!

4. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    I have seen the trailers for LotR2 and am sooooooo excited. YEAH.....the middle child is born :)

I Need Directions to Fuddrucker's and stuff, or if I could follow you Charles that would be cool.

5. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    FINE, FINE MOVIE! (No spoilers, I promise)

While a few sticklers for detail might object to a few changes from the book, the net effect (more or less) is nil. PJ was incredibly faithful to the spirit of the book.

Fans of Gimli will not be disappointed. Note that John Rhys-Davies pulls double duty, playing both Gimli and voicing another, CG character. (Telling you his name - Fangorn -gives nothing away.)

Brad Dourif, as Grima Wormtongue, is just creepy, as most Brad Dourif roles are. I can't see anyone better for the role.

'Nuff said for now... eagerly looking forward to another viewing.

Tom

6. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    As good as the first, maybe better in my humble opinion.

7. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    WOW I went to the 12:01 also and I must say the movie ROCKED.

I was wondering if they could keep up the quality of the movies and IMHO the might even have surpassed it.

Only problem I had was that some of the action was so fast it was hard to see but, then thats what buying the DVD is all about I guess.

I must say that parts of this movie were funny as hell. Also I like the fact that they went into detail about a few things that I didnt expect them to do. I knew pretty much what happend since I've read the books but didnt think they would do it.

There is a really good chance Ill go see it again in a week or two once it calms down a little.

8. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Well, since reading the books won't work for me I am pumped about going and seeing it.
    Tolkien is wwaaaaaayyy to descriptive for me.

At least from hearing you guys talk about it, it's well worth seeing :)

9. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I must wait until this Friday evening to see TTT, unfortunately. But I am really looking forward to it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.