main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOTR] A Heart Untrammeled ~Eowyn's Memoir~ Aug. 2, completed.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Heart Untrammeled By Nyota's Heart -- Characters: Eowyn/Faramir/mention and appearances of others.

Summary: Eowyn is a cool heroine and I wanted to tell her unique story. @};-

Disclaimer: Borrowing from the amazing, unequalled Tolkien.

Note: Any unfamiliar names/places, please wiki. ;)

Will tag upon request.

~~~~~~~~

It has been such an eventful few months. I barely know how to begin. I suppose it is best to begin at the beginning.

I and my brother, Eomer, lost our parents at such a young age. I barely remember them: my mother a fleeting memory of gentleness and grief. My father comes to me only in ballads of his valor and my brother's demeanor and skill with sword and mount.

My uncle, who rules with wisdom in these perilous times, is more of a father to me. I love him dearly and am pleased to serve him as a dutiful daughter, although I do (in my most secret heart) long for the chance to achieve valiant acts in defense of our home.

So given my filial feelings, it was all the more trialsome to me when Grima started to work his ill-conceived and subtle treachery.

++++++

:D

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    interesting beginning can't wait for more ;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great beginning

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    AHHHH you're doing the Eowyn diary! I'm thrilled :D And I can't wait for more!

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great start and a beautiful heroine's diary that shows her determination.

6. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    More Tolkien stories is always a good thing! I'm eagerly awaiting the next installments of this new diary, in the POV of one of my favourite characters.

Lauré :)

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It is starting!!! You have no idea how thrilled I am to see this up - I am so happy. You, and Eowyn? I can imagine nothing better. :D [:D][face_dancing]

This is off to a great start. You already have a beautiful, grave voice for Eowyn, and it was great to see her POV on her family. I can't wait to see where this goes from here. =D=

Tags please? [face_batting]

[:D]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Entry #2

My brother had been laid low with a spell of sickness before the last foray which took the life of Theodred. He was barely recovered when he toook to horse and rode off. I told him that I would go in his stead; he smiled, knowing I would do so in a flash & that Windfola would be more than capable of keeping up with the other Riders. But he found idleness as unpleasant as I, so he went.

"I wish you all success." I said as I bade him farewell.

+++

RX_Sith laurethiel1138
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Mira_Jade (Mira, I have a diary that's fair to be off the chain!)

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Eomer, you should have taken her with you! She probably would have been safer ...

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    So Eomer decides to go it alone after getting sick. That doesn't exactly sound like a good decision.

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Yes, riding off like that doesn't seem to be the best thing at all. :( It was good to see more of Eowyn's restlessness though. :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    There is so much unrest. Orcs and other strange stirrings. I can do without a 'friendly' visit from Saruman. I never trusted him. He is oily in his speech. And his minion, Grima, is no better! He poisons the mind of my uncle and drives him to self-doubt and inactivity in this time which demands, fairly screams, for action.

Gandalf, on the other hand, is and has always struck me as a true friend and trustworthy advisor. But he is no longer welcome within these halls.

If (regrettably) it were not for the misunderstanding surrounding Shadowfax ...

----------

TBC :)

Random Comments likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  14. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    LOL at the "misunderstanding" about Shadowfax! Sometimes beasts are a better judge of character than humans, and this mearas knows a good wizard when he sees one...

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Grima is slimy and great to see her liking Gandalf

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    'Misunderstanding' indeed! [face_laugh] The horse is as wise as Eowyn. ;) [face_love] This was another great glimpse at her innermost thoughts and perceptions - I can't wait for more. =D=

[:D]

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Always have liked Gandalf so it's too bad that Shadowfox interfered.

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    What misunderstanding? I'm very interested in that story :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am in the armory inspecting the weaponry cache accessories: such as sheaths, shoulder halbergs, etc. I hear a furtive step behind me, and my hand goes to the hilt of my own weapon, which is a lightweight but sharp rapier. It is never far from my hand.

I find that nefarious slime-dog Wormtongue skulking and mincing. I scowl and say coldly: "If you do not have important business or urgent messages from my brother that requires my immediate attention, I would dearly appreciate it if you would desist from following me like a lap-pup."

He mumbles an apology and slinks away.

He has never made his interest in me a secret. The thought of which makes my skin crawl.

I have not had much interest even in the valiant, handsome Riders, so why should my eye fall upon him with anything but disdain?

+++++++

@RX_Sith laurethiel1138
    _______

Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan

O:)

Random Comments likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Grima is disgusting. Great way to write about him

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Grima is like a weasel that tries to cling to you but you shake it off and send it skittering away.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= A very apt comparison. @};-

23. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    Atta girl, Eowyn. Never lower your standards. After all, there's a fine young gent waiting for you in Gondor (though he doesn't know it yet).

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love your use of language here! Beautifully written =D=

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a great glimpse at Eowyn and Grima. Grima was very oily here, and I loved the way she handled him. The last line in particular tickled me, and I have to echo Laure's comments about her having quite the catch waiting her in Gondor. She just doesn't know it yet. :p [face_mischief][face_love]

Another excellent update. =D=