main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOTR] A Heart Untrammeled ~Eowyn's Memoir~ Aug. 2, completed.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    My heart soars! It sings! Gandalf's comings have always been momentous, and this one no less so. He strides in, with fierce resolve and burning authority. He vanquishes Wormtongue like a whipped cur. For this, he earns my gratitude. But then ... he releases my uncle from inactivity and torpor. I am rejoiced immeasurably.

But it is the tall, regal, and compelling stranger with him who catches my attention. My heart stirs and quickens. Who is this? He smiles and speaks courteously to me. I blush like a silly girl, which I have never been.

I will never be the same, again.

++++

Woot!

RX_Sith laurethiel1138
    ____

Mira_Jade

earlybird-obi-wan

:)

RX_Sith and Random Comments like this.
  2. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Ah! Schoolgirl star crushes... Fun times (and yet not). Don't worry, Eowyn, it's but a phase, and you'll soon meet a man who will appreciate your every quality.

Lauré :)

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, and so it begins! While her attraction certainly seems soul defining now, she will definitely meet her match in the time to come. [face_mischief][face_love] Still! This first meeting was perfectly said in Eowyn's voice, I can't wait for more. :) =D=

[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm meeting Strider. Who wouldn't fall in love[face_love]

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Big handsome Strider walks in and immediately woos our heroine. [face_love]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    With the warriors gone, I feel anxiety for their safety & even more a longing to prove myself in battle. I keep busy with necessary managerial tasks, but when these are done, the preoccupations settle in again.

-----

laurethiel1138 ___ Mira_Jade
    RX_Sith _____ earlybird-obi-wan

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I can only imagine how this wait would torture her - it would trouble even a spirit not yearning to be out there amongst the thick of it all. Once again, you struck a great note of a 'bird in a cage', so to speak, that fits Eowyn well. =D=

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Worrying is definitely something that shouldn't be overdone.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She sure is eager to join the men in battle

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    laurethiel1138 ___ RX_Sith _____

earlybird-obi-wan ____ Mira_Jade
    ~~~!

The warriors have returned and were victorious. I am heartened indeed to see my uncle so revitalized. I listen closely to the brave exploits of a particular warrior and I start to plan how I may gain his attention ... when an urgent summons comes from a long-standing ally, one who does not ask lightly or without cause.

Denethor of Gondor ... They must be in sore straits for sure.

I feel my heart quicken. I will ride forth with the others, this time. Nothing will hold me back.

++++

:cool:

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gaining attention ;) riding with the host will get her attention

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Another excellent update. You can feel Eowyn all but tugging at the reins to get out there and do her share in this update. Really, you are doing a wonderful job with capturing her spirit in your words. =D=[face_love]

13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Going into battle to face the enemy is what warriors must do.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, here's a long-overdue update. ;)

RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan laurethiel1138 Mira_Jade

I put on a disguise, assume the mantle of Dernhelm as an identiy. In the flurry of mustering for battle readiness, one more will hardly raise more than a second's scrutiny, I am hoping.

I feel anticipation. I am not one to be fenced in. I will make a difference.

I also feel a rush of secret conspiring, as I aid the young Merry in his endeavor to participate. I know it is not to win personal honor. He is one of undaunted courage.

So, I accede to his pleading and take him on my personal mount.

+++++

:)

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes she is going into battle

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And so it begins! [face_worried] Great job with the start of battle woosh of readiness - and I particularly liked reading of her empathy with Merry. [face_love] I am excited to read about her time on the field now. :D

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Battle time!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Nethrien is my conceivance of the Chief Healer. :cool:

RX_Sith

_________

earlybird-obi-wan

________

Mira_Jade
    ~~~~~~~!!!

In the intervening hours of battle and adrenaline, everything became a blur. I sustained an injury, as I was told, a near-fatal one, but was rescued by a Scion of Dol Amroth.

Many participated in my healing, including Aragorn, I was informed. At this, my heart leapt but it fell the next when I heard that he and a host of others had embarked on a last, fateful encounter.

Rumors swirl around me, and I am shocked to hear that the one who injured me and the one I fatally struck was none other than the foulest of the Ring Wraiths.

It appears an ancient prophecy has come true, after all.

I am still not recovered enough to do more than stroll about the gardens, thankfully the Chief Healer understands my wish to be up in the fresh air and sunlight.

She is all compassion and competence, as I would expect of one of her Guildcraft.

+++++++

;)

Random Comments and RX_Sith like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see her recovering. She must have lost some of her memories from the battle

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I thought that was plausible especially immediately /in early days, with some if not all returning over time. [face_thinking]

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sorry that she got hurt but at least she's healing fine.

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I can only imagine the shock of battle and injuring causing her memory to come back to her slowly - and what a thing to remember with the Witch-king's felling! It's good to see her on the mend, though. [face_love]

=D=

23. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I love the spirit and heart of the diary! She is wonderful. Glad she is healing so well. Great! [:D][face_love]

24. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    This is great! I love reading Eowyn's perspective!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks, and welcome Ashley and Tarsier. :D Tolkien is a re-discovered love, the one against which I measure all worldscapes :cool:

serendipityaey likes this.