main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LotR better than Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jcuk, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Having decided to watch LotR after a while, this inevitably entered my mind (apologies if its been asked before)

2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    come on dude, you're better than this

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO, yes it is

4. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    its clearly better than the PT its about equal to the OT probably a little bit better

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    you seek page 7 of this forum

scroll down half way down :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Technically LOTR has been around longer than Star Wars, if you count the books

7. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't see why they should even be compared. We're talking about a space fantasy film saga and fifty year old novel adaptations. Lord of the Rings is a great series. It's one of my favorites. If you have to know which one you'll like more, it's really all about preference. But are the films better directed, scored,written, and performed than Star Wars? In my opinion, yes. If you're a reader then I would give the books a shot too.

But really. I'm not into the whole SW vs. LOTR debate. Or Harry Potter vs. LOTR, or HP vs. SW, HP vs. Twilight, or whatever. They're vastly different genres. If you like it though, then you might want to check out LOTR: Conquest on the PS3 or 360 if you play games. It's a LOTR version of the Battlefront PS2 games. Made by Pandemic and everything.

In the spirit of LOTR vs. Star Wars though, I'm surprised no one ever posts this. :p

DarthMak likes this.
  8. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    OT>LOTR Books>LOTR Movies>PT

9. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    is Elvis better than the Beatles? Is Coke better than Pepsi? zzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    What is LOTR? Is it some EU book series or something?

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    It's Lord of the Ring

How can you compare this two together. It's two movies with tow different genres! One is the space and one is on the ground! You can't compare this two!

It's the same as when I ask you: is James Bond better than Star Trek? Two movies with deffirent genres....Haaallo????

12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I know, but I was bored! :)

13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Fair enough. A better way to settle this would be to get Peter Jackson & George Lucas to have a cage fight to the death

14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah! Or maybe have a dance off like they used to in the old Breakdance films. Lucas to Jackson in a club, 'yeah I kinda think mine are better'.Jackson, 'id have to disagree'. Lucas,'they just are'. Jackson, 'right that's it flannel boy get your arse on the dance floor! :)

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm locking this as it's simply not appropriate discussion for this forum. We're Star Wars fans. Please don't troll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.