main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx ***LOTR Collectors DVD Box set price info !!!!***

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I just got my collector's set (With the 5th disc and bookends) at Best Buy. They had it marked at the Best Buy website's normal price and Amazon's price of $59.99, but they sold it to me at their website's discount price of $49.99. Compared to the MSRP of $79.99. FYI to anybody who is interested.

2. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Frack! I don't have a credit card I can use ! :_|

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    OOooooooh So when are we going to watch all of the special features. ?[face_plain]

I think I'm getting this for my burph day, so I won't be getting it myself for a while.

//Must see new footage// [face_drool]

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I just saw the first bit of new footage during the opening story...

OMG :D

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    So....

...so much for doing homework. I think I have to see this. [face_devil]

6. wpickers

wpickers Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    Dangit!! Not only did I get to work 3 hours late this morning, then took a 1 1/2 hour lunch... NOW, I'm having strong feelings to leave work early to go get the LOTR disc set. You guys are a bad influence on me... ;) I guess if my boss asks, I can just claim "The dark side made me do it" right?? lol

7. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    finished watching the National Geographic DVD.

Coooooooooooooool.

8. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    so what else did they add to the movie?

the barrow downs?

i always wondered about that scene...

9. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    lots of amazing stuff that really should have been kept in, including things that alude to The Two Towers.

10. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    So what did I see at Best Buy for $25

11. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    That's the 4-disk set, without the National Geographic disc and the bookends. (Walmart has it for $49.99) They both come with a free pass for The Two Towers (and it's good at Harkins!!)

12. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I feel the need to buy!

Must resist!

Must refrain!

Come on payday! :D

13. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    So after I use my Two Towers free ticket and use the 10 dollar rebate coupon, the box set will have only cost 30 bucks. Not bad. That's only 5 bucks more than just buying the regular Extended edition.

14. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    There's a $10 rebate?! I didn't see that! :( Oh well, I really don't need the bookends, and I'll borrow your Nat'l Geographic special. :D

15. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, if you bought the origional DVD and kept your reciept and the little booklet there is a ten dollar rebate for the box set or a five dollar rebate for just buying the extended edition.

16. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Oh, I see. I didn't buy the other one, I was waiting for the deluxe version. :)

17. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    I wasn't going to either but the wife is totally nuts for Aragorn so of course I couldn't stop her. It was worth it though, because now I have both version of the flick and man are they different.

The bookends ROCK too. Literally, they're made of Polystone.

18. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    If I get the money I'm buying the bookend version. I may have to opt for the $25 one though.

19. wpickers

wpickers Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    Are the bookends and National Geographic DVD REALLY worth the extra $25? I really don't care for the bookends... but someone convince me that the extra DVD is worth $25.

20. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm a completist I want it all. Besides after the rebate (if you bought the origional release) and the movie ticket (which as far as I know is only in the box set) and at a sale price of $50. Its only five dollars more than the standard extended edition. But if you can't afford (or want) the extras, you'll have plenty with the regular edition. Can't say if the Nat. Geographic video is worth $25 because its not the only extra in the box (which includes mini fanmag, cards, ticket, and cool bookends) and I believe the origional version of the DVD retailed for less than twenty.

21. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    Completist? Come on now, don't hide it, it'll feel much better...say it with me now, "I am a sucker for all things labeled 'special, ultimate, collector's, or limited edition,' particularly if the case is an odd shape or material."

There, didn't that feel better? ;)

BTW, I'm the same way.

22. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I [face_love] the new extended edition. I actually liked that they fleshed out Boromir's character a bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.