1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ LOTR collectors - heads up....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Get your money back first. Then worry about crusading for the forces of good. ;)

And let's not forget, while he might have subtly implied the swords were genuine Licenced collectibles, he never actually stated that they were. The rings are a different matter though, I know.
  2. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For gods sake. Dad tells me not to ring him and that if I want help, that dad will go to this guys house in person. Then you e-mail me back saying posting feedback and alerting TradeMe to this was wrong and that I should have rung him.

TradeMe have not said anything to him about the police (as far as I know). They told me *IF* the police contacted them (I'm thinking through my trying to sort this out) they will release all relavent information to the poilice. I'm under the impression they will only do that if I get the police involved... surely.

I don't think I can leave this too long. He has still not replied. It's been 4 or so days now. Plenty of time, considering he replied to my e-mails, prior to completion of the trade, pormptly and within a day. He obviously checks the e-mail regularly. I want this resolved.

I'll continue this via e-mail JP.
  3. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    If a case of fraud has been committed you need to lay a complaint with the police for them to be able to take action.
    Good luck SFL! Think how many fishing rods you could have bought! ;)
  4. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the gold rings are a genuine case of fraud ... if someone is saying something is 9 ct and you can prove it isn't, you're in the clear. As for the swords, the ads were (IMHO) misleading but not exactly fraudulant. Although the seller implies that the swords are official, I don't think he actually states that anywhere.

I think you need to try to talk to him, either over the phone of go to his house (or get your Dad to go to his house) and then, if that doesn't work out contact the police. Although sadly, I don;t really know if the police would actually care. I can't see it being a very high priority for them. There's also the small claims court.
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Small claims court? .50 cents a week for the rest of my life. Yay [face_plain]

Yea, still no word from him, so will ring his cell (as it's provided on his web site and to not let him know I know his personal details) saturday afternoon / evening and have a chat. Hope he doesn't hang up on me. I'll stay calm and try talk to him rationally. :p
  6. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Apart from lying about the ring, didn't he also invent some company, Florida fantasy swords?
  7. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    JP has fantastic internet skills, and was unable to find a company with that name. This doesn't mean it doesn't exsist...

//shrugs shoulders//
  8. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey SFL ...

Any joy re: the swords debacle? Keep us in the loop ...

L
  9. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ah :)

I rang him last night. stayed calm. hehe

He did a lot of listening (my flatmate said eves dropping through out paper-thin walls). I gave my side of the story and he said that they never claimed them to be official replicas. And I then said about the official swords being shown in the montage of pictures (felt like saying "selling non official replicas is illegal and weta would not be happy" but kept quiet.). 9ct rings: he said that he was just saying what he was told and they were just complimentary. But I said they were included in the price and were stated as 9ct - and i wasn't happy.

He was put back and a bit reluctent but said he'd "talk to his supplier" whatever the heck that means. And e-mail me back.

//awaiting e-mail//

PS: Sounded adult - ie: not a kid, even though he has poor spelling - then again look at me. lol And kind of seemed to be relenting(SP?) as I put my story across.

fingers crossed eh?
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Next step. Wait for his reply. I dare say he's already spent the money you paid him, which is why he's a bit cagey on it all.

If he doesn't reply in 1 week, or he replies and tells you he won't refund, then tell him you will do the following in "3 days time" (or whatever) unless he reconsiders;

- List him as a bad trader on all his trademe auctions.
    - Alert Trademe as to the full situation.
    - Alert Weta / Sideshow collectibles as to the bootlegs and use of LOTR movie stills and terms like "Special Two Towers release" to sell products on trademe and his website).
    - Contact Consumer watchdog thingie (commerce comission).

(That's my advice anyway - you may want to also discuss with Dad :) ).

11. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    > He was put back and a bit reluctent but said he'd "talk to his supplier" whatever the heck that means. And e-mail me back.

Hmmm ... like how he emailed you back when you emailed him a week ago.

Still, at least the wheels are in motion. Hope it gets sorted out ...

L
  12. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yea. I asked if he still had my E-mail and he replied saying he doesn't delete his e-mails so yes, and said "Mark Hansen" right? I thought: so ya cheeky pratt, yuo just completely ignored my e-mails "post-auction".

Nevermind about those - now the personal contact has been made, he should take me more seriously.

JP: cheers - will do. Also about New Line with the rings!
  13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For those who wish to stay in the loop with this saga.

I e-mailed him this this morning (sat 20)

>Hi,
    >
    >It's been 6days now since we spoke (Monday - Saturday). I have not received
    >an e-mail and I believe this has been adequate time for you to contact your
    >supplier.
    >
    >I will give you until Monday the 22nd of September (3 days) to contact me,
    >either by e-mail or phone. (027) 2229734. If I receive no contact we're
    >going to have to try and sort this out regardless of your suppliers
    >position. If I don't hear from you either by phone or e-mail I will be
    >forced to take this further.
    >
    >Awaiting reply.
    >Mark Hansen.

He replied tonight with this:

Yes I have heard backl fromt the supplier But in reading your feedback
    thought you can wait until next week and the fact that we never claimed
    them to be offical your really are aying the wrong things if you expect a
    refund you would be better to have no comment
    Will get back to you next week

I e-mailed JP and my father asking for advice and I also put forward this to reply back with:

"My feedback on trademe was a hasty and unthought out comment. The feedback
    placed is editable and I will agree to edit it to a neutral comment if you
    are willing to refund me my money. Next week is acceptable *IF* you are able
    to say that you will refund me the $500."

Advice from dad and JP will be taken and included into the e-mail. I have not yet replied.

JP...? :)
  14. Mr_Deflok Jedi Knight

star 1
    PM his address and give me 5 minutes alone with him, I'll teach him what it means to be a real man, and you'll have your money back with a little extra. ;)

Let us know how ya go, I want to see this sucker nailed.

p.s. did you see his feedback on you for that trade? sounds like he's taking advantage of your age. btw, that's a nice selection of DVD's you bought off TradeMe!
  15. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > I have not yet replied.

What you proposed above is fine.

I didn't realise you had made a negative comment on trademe. I had advised to do all that only if he refused to refund. This has complicated matters.

However, he has been jerking you around for long enough. You might like to add your comment was made in frustration at his lack of correspondence and blaming of the "supplier" which has nothing to do with your grievancer, and the outright lying about the rings.
  16. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ok sure. thanks.

Yea, pity Snatch was a copied DVD - the seller has been removed from trademe since.
  17. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe you could ask the guy for the contact details of his supplier, or 'Florida Fantasy Swords', to confirm whether or not that is a fake company. If he claimed the merchandise was made by a fake company it would definitely give you an even stronger argument.
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He only said he will and did contact his supplier to stall. The supplier has nothing to do with this. This comes under the consumer affairs and it's between me and this swordsman person. He will not give me the details of the supplier anyway.

These ARE fake - as he has stated: "we never stated them to be official" - thus meaning they ARE fake.

I sent this to him this morning. (with input/advice from JP:

My feedback on TradeMe was a hasty and unthought out comment. My TradeMe
    comments were made in frustration at your lack of correspondence at the
    time. The feedback placed is editable and I will agree to edit it to a
    neutral comment if you are willing to refund me my money.

You need to indicate to me immediately when you intend to refund my money.
    If you are not going to do the right thing and refund the money for the
    faulty goods and substandard rings of your own free will, I will have no
    choice but to explore other avenues of collecting my funds back from you
    involving (several) 3rd parties.

Wheels will be put into motion from Tuesday Sept 23 regarding my other
    options in getting my funds returned. If you would like to avoid all the
    hassle and complications, I suggest you stop stalling and indicate to me
    ASAP that I will be getting the money back.

At the time I receive my refund (and the cheque clears, if it's sent by
    cheque), I will send the faulty goods back to you at my expense.

Mark.
  19. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > These ARE fake - as he has stated: "we never stated them to be official" - thus meaning they ARE fake.

Also, he was directly asked if they were official, and he did not answer the question. But his comments saying these are "not some cheap knockoffs from China" (or whatever) coupled with his claims the rings were genuine 9ct gold was misleading. (Not to mention official movie stills used to advertise the swords).

These 3 things together implied that the swords were officially licenced.
  20. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yea, thanks for that summary JP. I'd be lost without ya :p I may take note of that and use that in the future if needed. :)
  21. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ok, this guy is pissing me off now.

His reply:

Quite frankly your threatning attiude will make me reply on Wednesday rather
    than Monday

You seemed quite happy to assume they were licensed and to getting a bargin
    to the point that if anyone sold actual licenced copies at that price they
    would have to be stolen and when you were offered a 3rd sword for a mere 60
    odd $ you snapped it up so were you prepared to buy stolen goods and now
    disappointed start making a noise
    I will propose an offer on Wednesday subject to any further response from
    you I consider threatning

22. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, this guy is starting to piss me off now, and I have nothing to do with any of this.

The reason people buy things on sites like TradeMe is because they think they're going to get a bargain ... not because they want to buy stolen goods. This guy is obviously a fly-by-night lowlife and needs to be taken down.

SFL ... get your money back, and then go all out to bring him down. If there's anything I can do to help, PM me ...

He's the one being threatening ... you can't withhold information because you don't like someone's attitude. This guy has _no_ idea how to run a business.

My suggestion?
    Burn his house down.
  23. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    JP is right i think, maybe you were a bit hasty in posting feedback about the auctions.

his claims the rings were genuine 9ct gold was misleading. (Not to mention official movie stills used to advertise the swords).

IMO this should have been your main focus of your complaint as opposed to saying that they were fake. they were never advertised as official, so I guess he's hoping to cover his butt with that.

24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    :(

Yes, I know I was hasty (I feel like Treebeard) - but those COMMENTS ARE EDITABLE AND WILL BE EDITED (I have said). That is NO reason for him to brech Consumer Affairs (which states anyone who purchases a product and is unhappy with it may be refunded) and with-hold refunding me, surely.

PS: Not yelling at you Cen, I'm yelling at the thought of this guy and the point you bring up :)

edit =

STH SFL ... get your money back, and then go all out to bring him down. If there's anything I can do to help, PM me .

Well, I used some common sense today and took photographs of the swords up close and with the "stands / plaques" for use for weta if it comes to that, and if I feel like dobbing him in after he pays... he doesn't need to know. I couldn't take photos of the rings, but if he doesn't pay soon, one of them will go to Pascoes to be sent to "New Line" along with his details for them to "snap" him. *But* I don't want to give away my bargining tools. If the police or whatever gets involved, and I've given a ring away - how can I get my money back cause I don't have all the goods. ?[face_plain]

But - I hope it won't come to that...

11:15pm - essay due tomorrow - stressed - this isn't helping and I have a fantastic mental block. I've been trying to do this essay from 10am this morning. It's worth 20% of the paper it's for, so structure and content is crucial. I've got a page and a bit to go and I've got a killer headache and I'm so damn tired. University is fun. :) :p
  25. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm sorry if this is annoying some people, but SimplyThrilledHoney and others are semi interested in this crap, so I continue to keep you informed.

//sigh//

Where are we up to... ah yes.

JP initially said screw him, you've given him the deadline - you may have lost $500 - but you'll get this *******

We both thought one more e-mail was in order and this is what JP came up with, and I added the dates and descriptions of the swords.

Perhaps blue would be nice.

You tell me you will not make a decision until Wednesday. This is not good enough. You have had more than enough time to make your decision by now.

I sent you a note immediately upon receiving my faulty / substandard goods on September 8th. You ignored me until I phoned you.

I have been exceedingly patient with you. But your continual refusal to indicate your intentions has left me no choice but to do everything in my power to get you to commit to a decision.

This is my problem.

The goods I paid for were not the goods delivered. You lied to me by telling me the rings were 9ct gold. They certainly are not. On that basis alone I have the grounds for a full refund.

Also while I realise that nowhere did you explicitly claim that the rings/swords were official licenced ones, you did use official movie stills on your website (and auction page), when asked "are the swords official licenced ones" you said that the sword were not "cheap imitations from China" (quote this exactly from the auction page), therefore implying they were the genuine article.

On top of that, the goods (licenced or not) are faulty and substandard:

> Wooden handles are scuffed
    > Silver paint on Sting is worn and has poor brush strokes
    > Gold paint on Hadhafang is worn and in places has no design patterns
    > The gold on the blade of hadhafang is poor quality and goes over the edge of the engravings and is messy.

The claims you made about me buying what must have been "stolen goods" are absolute nonsense. You'd already written you were an importer who got supplies direct from the USA. I assumed you bought in bulk and got a good discount, as all wholesalers do. People use trademe to get great deals, not to purchase stolen property.

Also your tactics of stalling through claiming you need to talk with your supplier about this problem are not my concern. I had an agreement with you, not with your supplier. You must honour our deal. Any further action you wish to take with your supplier is fine, but it has no bearing on the fact you supplied me with substandard goods and lied about the quality of the rings. Sort your supplier problems out in your own time. That should not have any bearing on my issues with what you supplied me.

As I stated in my last note, 3rd parties are going to get involved in this matter from tomorrow. My patience with you, your stalling tactics has come to an end.

To prevent third parties from getting involved you need to make the decision on your own accord to refund my money. And I need notification of this intention prior to Tuesday September 23.

Sincerely,
    Mark Hansen.

I have also edited my trademe comments to neutral as a sign of goodwill. I e-mailed him and said so.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/view_member_history.asp?member=271027

I'm MysteryMan BTW.

oh, and on top of all this, as well as university work load being huge - I found out today my application for my dream job was for a different job, a permanent job with Warkworth conservancy and that my dream job was filled a month prior to my application. I could punch Ditch who told me about the job and for leading me up the wrong stream.

Now, it's highly unlikely I get this full time job - also I'm in the middle of my degree - also, i now have to try find a job in less than a month - or I'm at a supermarket or some crap.

//stressed / fed up / and very annoyed Mark//

:_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.