LOTR concert at Seattle Symphony in July

Discussion in 'Seattle, WA' started by dragonmar, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    If any one is interested in the music of LOTR. Howard Shore is conducting a symphony made up of the film scores with the Seattle Symphony in July. They are having performances on July 16th, 17th and 18th. You can purchase tickets now from the symphony website. They are also showing clips from the movies during the concert. They still have some tickets available on the 16th and 17th. The show on the 18th has just been added so there are still a lot of seats available. The prices run from $55 to $40 with a $5 fee. I had no trouble getting a ticket this morning, as I don't think its been widely advertised. I only found out because there was a small blurb about the symphony in the enterainment section of the Seattle Times.
  2. LadySonnet Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dang! I would have really liked to go to this! But unfortunately, it's the same weekend as July Coronation (for SCA folks), and we kind of have to go to that.

Double dang!

Sonnet
  3. Darth_Fanboy1138 Jedi Padawan

I am so there! Anyone wanna go and meet up?
  4. DarthNoll Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll be there with a couple of my good friends... Perhaps we could meet up before hand? I didn't check, but I'm assuming this is at Benaroya Hall, right? (My friend got the tix for us). There's a little cafe kitty-corner to B Hall called Gelatiamo (3rd & Union) - maybe we could all meet there and have some gelato before the show? We're going on the 17th at 8pm (Sat). Let me know what you think and I'll run it by my peeps.
  5. Darth_Fanboy1138 Jedi Padawan

Hey, that sounds great...I'll make sure I get my tickets for that night...I'll keep ya informed
  6. DarthNoll Jedi Master

star 3
    Awesomes. We may have to meet somewhere other than Gelatiamo -- they close at 6pm.
    :(

7. Darth_Fanboy1138 Jedi Padawan

Well, I used to live there, so I know the area fairly well...there are plenty of places to hang out up there....
  8. DarthNoll Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh, heck yah there are! I work 2 blocks up from Benaroya Hall on Union. There's about 5 million coffee shops and 20,000 restaurants around. I'll scope it out and put some ideas up and then we can decide which one is the best. :D
  9. Darth_Fanboy1138 Jedi Padawan

Well, hey, there ya go! lol Sounds like a plan!
  10. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    Thanks! I just checked the website and there are apparently seats left. This will be so freaking awesome! Yay! :D
  11. deckard227480 Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOTR concert at Seattle? Cool! But alas, I'll just wait for the audio CDs. *double sigh*

Uh, oh. Did I just impersonate Major Derek Klivian?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.