main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA LOTR conert planning thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    These are the tickets that I already reserved. When I first called, the original 2 concerts (friday and saturday evening) were sold out. The Symphony people had just decided to do a third show. They told me it would be a saturday matinee. When I called to confirm it a week later (since I had not gotten any confirmation back from them) they said they were considering moving the third concert to thursday night, rather than saturday afternoon. They said they would call me back when it was decided. So Tuesday they called me and said it was indeed going to be July 29th, Thursday evening, not a saturday matinee.

I did confirm to them that I still wanted all 12 tickets that I had originally ordered. But, since changing it to a week night may effect other people's ability to go, I want to get reconfirmation from all of you. If you can't make it, I figure that I will have time to change the reservation. Since I just confirmed on the phone and have not yet recieved the bill. that is also why I haven't bothered anyone for money yet.

Make sense? :)

2. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh, I forgot to say, Since I was able to get the group rate, the cost will be $18 for each ticket.

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    cool beans

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Got it. Sounds good.

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh, those that are going to Comicon, if you could give me your $18 then, that would be hot :)

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    hiya folks!

This is the tally of who has paid so far and who has not. Please let me know if I have made an error as to your payment status. Also, those that still owe, payment is accepted at any time :D

Paid:
    Tina
    Stacie
    Josh
    Brian

Owe:
    Rox (2)
    Zero
    Fluke

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Add to the paid list: Fluke

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Before I make reservations for dinner, I need to know how many are coming. Please post here or PM me. Thanks

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Chris how much money do I owe you? I can't remember?

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I will come to dinner.

11. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm not planning on being at the dinner. Work too late. :(

Bummer,
    Yours Truly

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Actually, since I am working downtown I think it will be easier on me if I just skip the dinner and head to the concert.

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I've got an extra ticket, anyone interested?

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    extra ticket has been taken care of.

Transport planning.

Its insane to take a half dozen cars downtown when parking is such a miserable thing. Anyone interested in carpooling?

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I can't carpool, wish I could. I'm sure parking is going to be a arm and a leg. Where are we going afterwards by the way?

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Can I carpool with someone on the way back? That way I can take the bus into work and not have pay for day + night parking, which is probably pretty expensive. I will pitch in for a parking garage.

The sad thing about downtown is there usually is nothing to do in the evening. Going to Indy allowed me to realize how lame our downtown is at night.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Going to Indy allowed me to realize how lame our downtown is at night.

Word.

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    No problem Fluke. Are you going to Sunday's meeting. I figured we'd co-ordinate transport there.

As to where we are going afterwards . . . we will likely go someplace, but who knows where. There isn't much downtown that time of night. Perhaps going back out to the Waterfront's eat-n-park?

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'll talk to you at the meeting.

20. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I hope to hook up with you after the concert.

LMK where you all will be sitting. I don't know how much I will be able to see out, but I will look for you if I can.

The choir will be split with women on your left, men on your right, and boys choir in the center. I will be three rows back, third in from the center of the women's row. Sally "Shieldmaiden," who organized the Trilogy Tuesday line party, will be in the row ahead of me, on the center-end.

21. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Can I still come to dinner, even if I can't make it to the concert? I hear it's Wonk_Ay's birthday party, and who would want to miss that?

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't see why not. We're probably going ot Eat N Park in the Water Front afterwards. If you want to PM me your phone number I'll call you when we leave. I'm doing the same for Sal anyways.

23. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Slight change in choir seating arrangements. I'm still in the third row, towards the center. There is a children's choir, not just boys. Sally is in the same row, a few seats over from me. It may look like the second row to you, because the first row is level with the orchestra.

I've never sung with an orchestra before. It's so great to hear music that I love so much from this perspective. The balance isn't quite right from where I am, as the percussion section is right in front of us, and the strings sound too far away, but to be singing in it beats anything else I will do this year for sure! The beginning of the sixth movement will kick a** for sure!

I got Howard Shore's autograph Monday night!

Namarie,

24. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    I would like to meet up with you after the concert, since I have no clue how to get to Eat N Park from there. I'll be looking for you.

25. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I won't be able to meet you folks at Eat N Park afterwards, so please enjoy the concert and be sure to post about it later.

Happy B-D VP!

-Sal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.