main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA LOTR conert planning thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    What a beautiful, awesome concert! I offer high praise to all involved, including our own Bon Mothma. I went with my wife, although she is not familiar with LOTR. My wife has a musical background, though, and enjoyed it very much without knowing the story. I am a big fan of the Howard Shore score, and I was blown away. The movements captured all the high points of the films. The several choral groups managed to sound every bit as great as the people on the commercially available CD's. It was like hearing the CD's !

Like John Williams, Shore has created a score that vividly brings to mind the scenes in the film. So, listening is very emotional, because you picture what is happening. From the first legends of the forging of the ring, to the ship passing into the west, the experience was there. Rough pencil art from the film's artists were projected on a large screen, each image matching the musical moment, and lighting effects enhanced the mood. Indeed, as Frodo stood at the cracks of doom, the orchestra was bathed in a red glow, and the chorus went apocalyptic for all it was worth.

I assume the members of the SW gang who went as a group loved it too?

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    It was a fantastic concert. (Great job, Bonnie! We saw you!)

The art that accompined the music was beautiful. The music itself was incredible.

The concert hall was packed, which surprised me since there were two other sold out nights as well.

Dinner was fun, Zero joined us, even though he didn't go to the concert.

Hope everyone had a fun after-concert. My friend had to go to work and hates sitting in traffic (and she knew that there was the soccer game and other events that night) so she wanted to leave as soon as the concert was over. Not even pausing to see the uber-bathroom.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The concert was awesome...it gave me goosebumps a few times. I've never been to Heinz Hall before, man they don't give you any foot room at all do thye? My knees were in the back of the seat in front of me all night. I couldn't wait to stand up after the final movement.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Ditto on the foot room, and the knee room, and the elbow room... and so on. That's just something I guess we will always have to deal with.

I thought it was very good as well. I liked it better then the John Williams concert because I liked everything that was played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.