LOTR exhibit thread #2

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by iycis, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok so the old thread I started way back in September got locked or something. Tickets go on sale for this on June 1st and I was just wondering if you any of you had any extra info on it. I've been looking around to see if there is going to be a special midnight opening or big to do with costumed people and such but I haven't found anything except rumors about it. You guys planning on going to this as a group at all? Philly Outer Rim is trying to still get a few us together to make the trip up. Anyway, here's the site: http://www.mos.org/lotr/

-Natasha
    (who a couple of you met at EFF...snow bunny Padme...ring a bell?)
  2. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, this would be perfect for a meet. If you guys come up, let us know. I know I'll tag along.
  3. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually forgot about this one! Looks like it'll be a good time.
  4. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Natasha,

Yes I remember you from the EFF. And let's see if you remeber me...I was the loud and drunk person hanging out with the NJO.

Hint #2
    I was sporting the Heineken Sunglasses and Heineken Bikini in the lounge of the hotel at EFF.

(See Marie at the NJO for all the dirt.)

I tell you the NJO had their way with me that night.

I have yet to see a LOTR movie!!!! :eek:

I know evreryone calm down..calm down..I will see these movies ..now.
    And as strange as this might sound, I can borrow them from my mother. [face_laugh]
    She has them all. Really weird when your mom has seen a blockbuster trilogy before you.

I look forward to seeing some of the EFF attendees up here and will definetley go with you all.

Thanks Natasha for stopping by and saying hello.

-Boston Chris-

5. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know exactly who you are, Chris. I was sitting next to you the whole time you were making things to wear out of beer labels. lol.

Well if any of you find any more info on this please post it for us out-of-towners. We'd love to see you all when we come up, regardless if its at the exhibit or not. Maybe we can arrange a get together outside of that?
  6. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, would any of you like to know how to get here/how to get to the MOS? One caveat - driving in or anywhere near Boston is strongly not recommended. ;) You lot are perfectly welcome to keep in touch if you'd care to join us for some event or other. :cool:
  7. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually, what I'd most like to get some advice on is where to stay if anyone wants to offer that. I may ask you closer to the date about any directions we may need. So thanks. We'll also be in touch about maybe getting our two groups together. I should go see if any of the people in NJO want in on this too...
  8. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    is there a speciafic day we are all going to get together for this ??? tickets go on sale to public in less than 6 hrs and I want to make sure I go on same day as the group !!!!!!!

Preferably a tuesday oe sunday... also see the SW SHIP THERE at same time

Justin Manning
  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    This would be a great idea for our August meet...any comments on that? We really should try to get tickets sometime in the near future if a lot of us want to go on one day. And it would be great if other FF people could come too! We love visitors. :)
  10. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, since that's going to be a Saturday at the tail end of summer, I submit that it would probably be so dang crowded we wouldn't even get within eye's reach of the thing. Maybe we could do it on, say, a Friday, if we working stiffs can try and take the day off?

If crowds turn out to be an issue, we might want to save it for September, as we've got both Sept. and Oct. to check it out. Any of you think you might have prior commitments (work, homework, etc.) at that point?
  11. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    In the event that we go as a group in August.. I would like to go on a tuesday, since my vacation time for LABOR DAY WEEKEND for Dragoncon will prevent me from getting any saturdays off that month....

Must it be a saturday, then the last one before I go on vacation then.... then weekend before Dragoncon....

Time to go watch Eurotrip on DVD .... chat with you all soon.

Justin Manning
  12. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, update on this: If you go to the link I listed in my first post for the exhibit, it now lists that there is a special Midnight preview for this in which tickets are only $5 as opposed to $19 for normal hours. They are encouraging people to show up in costume. I will definately have to break out my Hobbit gear again for this. ;) Anyway, tickets are now on sale. I would advise getting them soon, as in the past with this exhibit in other places, it has sold out quickly. I bought mine today for the first time slot at 12:01am.
  13. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    The special "midnight" price is good until 9am on the 1st ;)
  14. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    So one can buy it at that price till when ?????

I would like to also know if anyone knows where I can get a LEGOLAS wig made... I am having someone make me a soft tunic work for outfit, and another do the leatherworks...

need to find someone for wig and then get bow... Do not know if have in time for exhibit , but I would love to try my best to do so

Justin Manning
  15. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I guess you can buy them til they are sold out. And I have no idea when that will be. Possibly already.
  16. Domina_Tagge Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh Cool. I had heard a while ago about this but now it is really coming up. Fun fun. We will definitely try to go with the group when the date is decided on. :) :) (unless you all go to a midnight thing or something, LOL, I go to bed early!) I have a Galadriel costume, but unfortunately, I cut my hair! ;)

Public transportation is definitely the way to go... the green line subway goes directly to the museum. Parking around there is a nightmare!
  17. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone picked up their tickets yet?
  18. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got tickets. Ordered online.
  19. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    SO when are people going ?? I want to order my ticket for it, but want to go with the group....

Still need to get Legolas outfit info for wig and bow and more.. I hopw to have it done for premiere of exhibit...

Justin Manning
  20. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm confused on when I should buy a ticket. I wanna go, just when?
  21. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like to go too.

I'm hoping for a look at Haldir's sword.
  22. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    If we want to go as a group we need to decide what days of the week are best. If you give me an idea of what days of what months would work for you guys, I can start a poll and we can all vote. So start posting if you want to go! Any day will work for me most likely.
  23. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that August would be better for me. In keeping with the standard date of meets, the 3rd Saturday of August is the 21st. I randomly clicked on the different times for that day and tickets still seem to be available for all times.
  24. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really hope this happens, August can work I hope!
  25. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    In case anyone's wondering, I'm withholding my desired date and time because there's a chance I'll be moving out of the area this summer. I'll know at the beginning of next month and be sure to convey it to all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.