LOTR exhibit thread #2

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by iycis, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    "In keeping with the standard date of meets, the 3rd Saturday of August is the 21st."

I have begun to ask for the 3rd saturday of each month starting with this month... so that would be good I suppose...

Whenever the poll starts I will place it as the day our meeting is for AUGUST.. I hope to have my outfit done by then if lucky....

P.S. anyone know where I can find out about getting a WIG for a LEGOLAS outfit made ????

Justin Manning
  2. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Justin, you should be asking questions about the wig on http://alleycatscratch.com/. I'm sure you'll find all the Legolas info you need there and people who can assist you.
  3. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...because there's a chance I'll be moving out of the area this summer.

If you don't mind my being nosy, how far away?
  4. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    A good eight hours - the Philadelphia area. I'll probably be pretty close to NJO, so we'll definitely be keepin' in touch. :D
  5. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    So are we gonna get a poll started to try and figure out when to go to this event as a group?
  6. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd love to start a poll but I really haven't gotten any other date suggestions from people, so I'm not quite sure what to do. Is there anyone that is opposed to making this the meet for August? Is there anyone that would prefer it be at another general time? Please, speak up! :)
  7. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    How about we make a poll to decide what month first, then after that has been decided start another to decide a day (ie: weekday or weekend/day of week)?
  8. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just thought I'd kick this back up to the top of the boards so that we can get some more feedback as to when people would be interested in going to this event, if anyone is still interested in going as a group for a meet.
  9. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    The two people I was going to come up with had to back out. So looks like it'll be just me but I'd still like to hang out with you guys if you'll have me. :D
  10. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    You're going opening night, right? I don't think any of us plan on going then, but I'm sure that several of us would be more than happy to hang out with you beforehand. :)
  11. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes I'm going opening night. I'd like to hang out with you all before hand even if you're not going to the exhibit.
  12. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well if all goes as planned, I should be arriving late on Friday night (the 30th), so I will have all day in Boston on Saturday. I think I have to be back at my hotel around 9pm to get changed for the exhibit opening but other than that I'm open to whatever all day. You guys want to do anything still? Can we come up with a bit of a game plan since this is in two weeks?
  13. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    We actually voted to have our July meet on the 31st, a BBQ at Chris's house. You know, Boston Chris. ;) You should definitely come! We'll make sure you get back to your hotel in plenty of time to change. How does that sound? :)
  14. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is it outside of the city? Can I take public transportation there? I'd love to come! Thanks for the invite!
  15. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    You can take the commuter rail there. I'm not sure how people will get from the station to Chris's house yet, but we're working on the details. That's why we haven't posted a thread about it yet. Once I know more, I'll post back here. :)
  16. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here are the special events going on for the exhibit:

New Zealand Food and Wine Tasting
    Thursdays: Aug 5, Sept 16, and Oct 14
    6:30-10:00pm

Forging Demonstration
    Sept 11, 25, and Oct 9

Combat: Science and History
    Sept 11, 25, and Oct 9
    1:00-2:00pm

Combat Choreography
    Oct 9
    10:00am-4:30pm
    Choreographer Tony Wolf, leads a Master class

Meet Samwise Gamgee
    Oct 15 and 16
    Actor Sean Astin visits the museum

First Friday Lecture
    Oct 1
    7:00pm
    Editing in the LOTR Trilogy, by Annie Collins, film editor
  18. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_hypnotized] That list of activities sounds sooooo good.
  19. rub_my_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

I think the display was only mediocre. And too crowded. And the interactive displays were a bit... lame... but I got free passes, so it was worth the price to me!
  20. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mediocre? MEDIOCRE??!!!

Blasphemy. It rocked. :p
  21. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    rub_my_lightsaber can be a harsh critic sometimes....

but is it true to say that everyones expectations are different.

22. rub_my_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

Ok- why was Frodo's outfit on display so small? It would have had to have been normal size for Elija Wood to wear- he was not three feet tall in real life! If they were showing the "actual" items then what was that? It was not a BAD exibit, but it was not quite what I expected.
  23. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe the reason that the costume was so small was because they were showing the body doubles costume. You know how all the hobbits had a body double who was closer to the actual height that hobbits were supposed to be so that the filmmakers could use the body doubles for certain shots, etc. to make the hobbits look like they were actually three feet tall.
  24. rub_my_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

Good point! That DOES make sense! I WILL say I rather enjoyed the display that measured your height and then told you if you were a wizard, orc, hobbit, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.