main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX LOTR: FOTR this Friday

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    So, who's up to see the new footage with me this Friday night?? I'll be there one way or another. I plan on going to either the Tinseltown or Cinemark 17.... probably the Tinseltown cause it's close to home. But if anyone wants to meet someplace else, let me know.

Also, I'm assuming that the additional "T2T" footage will be attached to any showings of the film at any theater on Friday. I haven't seen any contradictory information yet.... but we'll see as the week unfolds.

BTW, Moriarty and Harry both have reviews up for the added footage on AICN. Course, you've probably already seen those by now....

2. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    OK I must have been living under a rock here lately but....what new footage??

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    I think after the movie there is a trailer that Peter Jackson created for LOTR: TTT

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    *cough*cheap marketing gimmick*cough* ;)

5. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yep, ..I can wait until they post the new trailer on line.

:cool:

6. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    And you call yourselfs film-geeks??!!

Mike, I'd go with you, but I'm heading out of town on Thursday. Trust me, I want to be at the first showing on Friday morning to see that footage.

I bet if they released another E2 on the end of CROSSROADS with the same footage we've seen before but with an extra Anakin butt-shot, these fags would all be there. ;)

7. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    If it were a Padme butt-shot...then yes. :)

8. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Or R2's third leg [face_laugh]

I can wait till the dvd release of LOTR:FART, so I can skip ahead and/or add an intermission or three... ;)

9. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    No doubt Eric.... I've been wanting to see this damn movie again for over a month. The ONLY reason I haven't been back yet is because I was holding out for the new footage. I mean, imo it really is THAT good of a movie!!

I saw TPM 13 times in the theater, just shy of my 15 for ROTJ. I've seen "Saving Pvt Ryan" 3 or 4 times on big screen and "The Matrix" 6 or 7. I have no problem seeing a GOOD movie as many times as possible on big screen while I have the chance to do so.... cause once they're gone from the theaters, you will usually not get another chance to see them like that again. Or at least until they hit their 20 or 25th anniversary and they get the StarWars/ET treatment... but even then they get their special footage and CG touch-ups. You just can't duplicate the authentic experience again.

Between the above comments and the whole "Carrie Fisher is STILL Princess Leia" thing, damn, I guess I am a movie geek. At least I'm not alone, right Eric? Umm, Eric? *looks around worried* Ummmm, hey, where'd everybody go??

:)

10. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    You can conveniently find Eric on whatever bandwagon is popular this week. :D *jk*

And I'm definitely up for seeing Fellowship again on Friday. It's been about three months since I've seen it, as I've been waiting for the new preview. And I'm also ready to see the movie again, or I'd just download the preview. :)

11. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    So...who's wanting to go? And where? Lets call it a date. ;)

12. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, according to Moviefone, both Cinemark 17 and Tinseltown have not reported their movies and showtimes yet.... so we can't set it for sure. Now, from what I was understanding, this "re-release" was going to be sent to additional screens, kinda a new push for the post-oscar hype (with the new footage of course). Guess we'll just have to see where all it's playing when it gets released more. I'll try to call the Tinseltown tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.

On that note, what general area of Dallas do we want to go to? I'm in the N.Dallas/Carrollton area. How about you all?

13. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    I plan on going next week when I come back in town. In the meantime, there are a TON of TwoTowers pics here:

Two Towers

There are some brand new ones I hadn't seen before.

14. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, the Tinseltown is not going to be carrying LOTR as of tomorrow. I called today and they are officially losing it as of tonight. So since no one else has piped in about having a preferance on where to go, then that leaves me with one of the following N.Dallas theaters:

Stonebriar- 8:15
    Cinemark Legacy- 6:45, 10:40
    The Grand

I personally try to stay as far away from The Grand as possible, so I'm thinking that Stonebriar would be the better choice due to the showtimes. I mean, it's either a really early or really late evening at Legacy, or a bit further out of the way at Stonebriar but at a better time. Actually, Stonebriar isn't that far for me, but I'm just trying to think of you guys (whomever may be going).

So unless someone has any bright ideas, I'll be at Stonebriar at about 7:45 tomorrow night.

I'd love to see at least 2 or 3 other folks there this time. It was just Brian and I for Ice Age last time.... so come on out.

15. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Sounds good, Mike! Posting this on the DFW site...let's do the AMC Stonebriar at 8:15.

16. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Lord of the Rings-- With New Two Towers Preview!

When: 03/29/2002

Time: 08:15 PM

Details:

Join us at the AMC Stonebriar Friday night at 8:15 for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring with the new exclusive preview footage for the next installment, The Two Towers!
    -----------------------
    This is on the DFW stie....just making sure everyone in here knows.

17. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, I didn't see anyone there, but then I'm still getting to know some of you again.... so I may have just missed you. But DAMN!!! What a screening!!!

I saw way more than I was expecting. The previews before the movie were great. First there was "Signs" by M.Night Shammy which I am actually looking forward to quite a bit. The fact that I haven't heard anything about it so I have no preconceived notions is a plus. Then we saw the new "Spider-Man" trailer, which is fabulous on big screen. Finallized by yet another viewing of the newest "AOTC" trailer. What a way to start the movie.

Yet again Mr.Jackson's work amazes me, entralls me, and even inspires me. But then to see the new footage...... HOLY COW!! No spoilers, don't worry. But it is just amazing. If you have read what Harry or Moriarty have said, they did NOT do the new footage justice. Forget what you know, you must unlearn what you have learned. That was one of the most intense movie previews I have ever seen. And Moriarty was right, 3 1/2 minutes is gone in a flash.

Must have more...................

18. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    I think my aunt needs to see this movie..... well, darn. Guess I'll just have to take her. How will I ever bare yet another sitting..... woe is me!!!!

19. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I went to watch it yesterday at Stonebriar. That preview was frickin awesome!! I can't wait til Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.