main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LotR Marathon IS being shown in Valley View

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Yay! :D
    I just got permission from my boss to change my hours for that day. I can work the morning instead of the afternoon! :D

So I can go! I can go! :D

EDIT: I just went to the fandango site. But they don't have times yet. ;)

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm picking up Kim's ticket...and I'll check on the possibility for people to arrive "fashionably late."

LOTR Marathon
    Krash
    Padawan92 (after concert?)
    Jade
    GrnJalera? and TBX?

And please take this debate over Matrix/LOTR endings to the Saloon...you're giving me a headache!

3. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    LOTR Marathon
    Krash
    Jade
    GrnJalera (and 3 others including Douz)

Just updating the list. :)

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I give up. :p

I'm going to watch The Lion King. :D

Does anyone know how much tickets are going to be?

5. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    No clue on prices yet. I would guess between $15 and $20. For this, I'd be willing to pay almost anything to get in.

6. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I loved both movies so far and can't wait for the third. It did help to have read the books ahead of time in understanding the three storylines going on at the same time in TT. But I know I can't go to this because once our December work schedule gets set, it takes a tragedy or disaster to change it.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I talked with someone over at Cinemark, Emily (and anyone else) can arrive after the movies have started...if they have already purchased tickets in advance.

LOTR Marathon
    Krash
    Jade
    GrnJalera (and friends)
    Douz

I'm so proud of my padawan, she defeated the Amon Hen level of The Two Towers video game...my padawan is killing Uruk-hai all by herself!

8. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Any idea if it is designated seating? Or are we going to have to rely on the first ones there to snurch enough seating for all of us? I hope its cold enough to wear a bulky jacket so I can sneak enough food in to sustain me for that long a time. That or I'll have to get a bigger purse or is that too obvious?

LOTR Marathon
    Krash
    Jade
    GrnJalera (and friends)
    Douz
    Malo-ha

my padawan is killing Uruk-hai all by herself!

You have taught her well.

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I'm finally on TTT part of the game :D ! I want to...as long as its after my concert!!!

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Does anyone know how much tickets are going to be?
    *shrugs* No idea.
    But I don't really care. How many times in my life will I have this opportunity? ;)

Or are we going to have to rely on the first ones there to snurch enough seating for all of us?
    I'll be Galadriel, Queen of the Elves
    Lady of the Woods of Lothlorien
    They'll have to obey my command to let us sit together! :cool:

:p

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll be Galadriel, Queen of the Elves
    That's good enough for me...my lady!

(does that Aragorn "elf-salute thing")

12. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Now you just have to get the accent down Kim, and you'll be all set.

13. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    UPDATE:

From Cinemark.com:

$25.00 For All Three Shows

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Tuesday
    SEE ALL THREE FILMS BACK-TO-BACK ON DEC. 16th!
    1:00 PM - The Fellowship of the Ring
    5:30 PM - The Two Towers
    10:00 PM - The Return of the King

Tickets:
    Go On Sale At Noon (CST) Thursday, October 9 Online & At The Theatre Box Office!

Seating Begins At 12:15 PM on Dec. 16th

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Go On Sale At Noon (CST) Thursday, October 9 Online & At The Theatre Box Office!
    That's 1PM for those of us going to the box office to take care of things in person. Anyone else planning on being there at around 1PM?

Kim, I'll (as we discussed) pick up your ticket...and you can pay me later. Looks like Emily will be joining us for "Return of the King" only (and the end of Two Towers)

15. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    If you're at a computer, you can get them online. That's how I'm doing it since my boss won't let me get off work to do this. What a jerk!

16. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS TRYING TO BUY TICKETS ONLINE - PLEASE READ!

DO NOT use the link provided at Cinemark's website, for some reason they closed the link and you can't get in, use this link to order tickets! (Sorry, for some reason the link clicky thing isn't working right, so settle for copy and paste)

http://www.cinemark.com/theater_showtimes.asp?theater_id=283&show_date=12/16/2003

And by the way, I'm going, bringing a friend along too.

17. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    I was able to use the link on the website. I was getting a server not found message at first because too many people were trying to get in to order. Of course that doesn't mean that they haven't taken the link down in the few minutes it took me to order my ticket.

18. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Got mine! Woo-Hoo!

Picking them up today after work. :D

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That is why I trust the good old fashioned "go up to the window" method. The people with me in line mentioned how shows like this in the past have been oversold (so I plan on getting there very early) and people were "refusing to let go of the railing" because the theater was full.

BTW, I'll need everyone's help saving a seat for Emily (for the record, she is "in the bathroom"...from 1-8pm?) ;)

Kim...got your ticket!
    Cindy...you're in (if you guys can pay me back soon, I need to pay for the domain name for the website)

Good luck to everyone buying tickets online! I've got mine and my padawan's ticket...so we're taken care of!

20. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    There is a guy where I work--and thanks to Cindy we all know where that is ;)--who seems to like most of the things that JKOC members like--SW, comic books, LOTR, Matrix, etc. He's just not a huge SW fan but I know he reads these boards sometimes. I have been encouraging him to post or join. Anyway, he has five tickets to the Marathon and I told him he needs to try to hook up with you all at the Marathon since I won't be there. :( Anyway, be sure to wear your JKOC t-shirts so he can identify you.

21. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    The people with me in line mentioned how shows like this in the past have been oversold (so I plan on getting there very early) and people were "refusing to let go of the railing" because the theater was full.

How badly do you think they've oversold the seats? Were there many people inline to buy tickets at Valleyview? Is it a good idea to pick your ticket up before hand? ie Should I go pick mine up as soon as possible or can I wait? How early is getting there early Krash? 10am? 8am? midnight? Will people already in line have a fit if we show up and join you? Don't mind me I'm one of those people who obsessively over organizes my trips.

people were "refusing to let go of the railing"

You'll have to pry it from our cold, dead hands. [face_laugh]

I'm thinking of just taking the day off. That way I can sleep in a bit and won't be rushed to get to the theater.

22. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm getting there pretty darn early since I have the day off. I refuse to sit up close for this and look up Aragorn's nose the whole time (like we had to do for TTT).

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm getting there pretty darn early since I have the day off
    You'll have company...do you like coffee or orange juice? ;)

Should I go pick mine up as soon as possible
    If you have tickets on hold at the box office, I would suggest getting to the theater early (as soon as they open) grab the ticket...and get in line with the rest of us.

Will people already in line have a fit if we show up and join you?
    Frell them! As far as I'm concerned...we all came in one car, and you went to get us orange juice! ;)

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I didn't realize that FOTR was going to start at 1! [face_shocked]
    I don't get done with work until noon (well, that's when we stop scheduling patients, anyways. ;))
    I certainly won't get there until after noon. Would you all mind holding a seat for me?

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    No worries Kim...we can save seats for you and Emily.

I can leave your ticket(if I don't see you before then) at the box office...since we'll probably be either in line or in our seats by the time you arrive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.