main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA LOTR marathon?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Apparently the July 5th BBQ has been cancelled. :(

Erich, any news on when you'd like the LOTR marathon to happen? :D

2. sith_master_raze

sith_master_raze Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2008
    Unfortunate. :( Though we DID just have one 2 weeks ago - which, despite my rather inert appearance, I very much enjoyed attending. [face_peace]

LotR marathon, eh? Extended or theatrical cut? Either way, this is gonna be like trying to go through the entire Star Wars saga in one day... something like 8 to 12 hours. Yikes! :eek:

3. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    First off, we're all glad that you made it to the BBQ. And personally, I'm glad that you had a good time. Feeling a little uncomfortable and out of place the first time you hang out with a new group of people is perfectly natural.
    No worries.

Now, as to what kind of format the LOTR movies will be in, only Erich or his wife can answer that.

Erich?

4. sith_master_raze

Jun 6, 2008
    Well, part of it was hanging out with about a dozen or so relative strangers. I was also running on about 3 hours sleep and having put in a 7 hour shift at work. So I was already kinda tired when Smudge and I got there. Which was also why I didn't pick up a shinai and join in. My fatigue would have likely gotten me or someone else clocked. [face_worried]

5. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Extended edition, of course! Nine hours of LOTR craziness should be enough for all, right?
    I will talk with my wife to determine a day. Right now, with both of our work schedules, it is kind of up in the air, at least as far as weekends go, but I will let you guys know.
    Just as a proposal, would a Sunday afternoon, starting around 2 p.m., work for everyone?

6. sith_master_raze

Jun 6, 2008
    I'd have no issues with Sunday at 2... even though that's right as I get off work. I couldn't attend the whole thing anyway especially if I must (and am able to) take STA to get there...

7. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Ok, quick update, I will let Alfredo know when the marathon will happen, but, as I said, work schedules are very much up in there air for me. The ComCom can then inform the rest of the group. Rest assured, Amanda and I want this to happen. Now, just to figure out the time.

8. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Sounds good so far.

Next question:
    When this Marathon happens, should we make a Bar-B-Q of it, or just a hangout?
    I'd be willing to bring another small package of dogs and some chicken quarters.
    Of course, I will be bringing Dew.....

EDIT: Anybody know why my name has 4 stars by it????

9. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Have you put your cursor over the image?

It's some new way of showing off how many posts you've made.

10. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    A potluck of some kind will be the best idea for Amanda and I. I have a BBQ so if people want to bring things for grilling, I think it would be a lot of fun. Once I have a date settled, we can start a list of things people are bringing.
    On another note, Smudge, and others, may be interested to know that our landlord had no issue with practice swords, but also recommended the empty lot across from out complex so as not to alarm any neighbors.

11. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Sounds good to me!

12. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Awesome!

As I said, Dew, dogs, and chicken hindquarters will be coverred. We just have to make certain that we don't torch the chicken this time. [face_fireman]

As for when, since most of my time, money and efforts right now are going toward SpoCon, some time in mid August would probably be best for me.

How about anybody else? For that matter, Erich, are you going to SpoCon?

13. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I like that plan much better, as it takes a little bit of pressure off of trying to figure it out now.

Amanda and I were planning on it, money being availible:D

14. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I'd like to inform everyone that this event being planned is NOT an official Spokantina event, major, minor or otherwise, since it has nothing to do with Star Wars or Star Wars fandom, the President (Kelli, duh), thought pretty hard about this, and even though she herself is a huge LOTR fan, this is not a LOTR fanclub. There's nothing wrong with organizing a get together that doesn't involve Star Wars, but this is the wrong place to do it. If anyone's got questions or complaints, send me a PM or email, I'll be happy to explain.

If and when this event does happen, Kelli and I will not be attending, for a number of reasons, primarily because it will be post SpoCon and we'll likely be very exhausted and be looking for a break from events for at least a month or two.

On the topic of SpoCon, we do have a prime spot reserved for us for a fan table, our dealer/fan table Chair is giving us priority, be sure to thank her ;) Someone needs to organize shifts for manning the table and we need to perhaps get some deco and some printed photos of costumes and events to put on display. Email me if you're interested in helping out with this.

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Understandable. I will PM Alfredo, who can contact the rest of the group. Anyone who is interested can PM me.
    Also, this event was also to include sword fighting/lightsaber training if our resident trainer (aka Smudge) will be availble.
    Actually, I honestly want to get another sword training day in sooner, rather than later.

Ahh, the woes of scheduling conflicts [face_tired]

16. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Since the argument has been raised, and details have not been finalized, I suggest discussion be suspended in this thread. Erich, when you have finalized all of the details of the LotR marathon, you are welcome to post an invitation either in this thread, or create another. It would indeed not be considered a spokantina event, and any information would need to be conducted via pm or phone call to Erich. I hope that when you host the marathon, I'll be able to attend.

If there is any confusion about this, please feel free to pm me or either of the other comcoms.

17. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Of course we could also schedule a saber training session on that same day, and if we "just happened" to get tired of fighting and wanted to watch LOTR...............

Regarding saber training, I too am anxious but my schedule is very full until after Spocon. (shop building, parental visits etc)

I will shoot for the weekend after Spocon for the next class mmmmkay?

18. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    mmmmkay.
    Sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.