main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOTR] My Dove - OCs, angst, H/C, Elf-Human romance,setting in Lórien (updated 8/10)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Alasse_Earfalas, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Title: My Dove

Author: Alasse_Earfalas

Timeframe: not exactly sure, pre-FotR, maybe even pre-The Hobbit (it deals mainly with the Elves in Lórien)

Characters: The main story centers around two OCs ? Turo, an 18-year-old human boy with major emotional issues; and Guinevere, a 17-year-old Elvin Princess who was orphaned and taken in by Galadriel and Celeborn.

Genre: angst, H/C, romance

Keywords: Lord of the Rings, LotR, elves, Galadriel

Summary: A human 18 year old boy from another planet spends some time in Lórien and catches Guinevere?s eye.

Notes: Some content (esp. the Prologue) contains very abstract ideas that are not LotR based. These ideas and their explanations are only there to give background to certain characters and to explain certain circumstances. 99% of the story is LotR-based.

Enjoy!

[u]Prologue[/u]

Hi. I?m Turo Fëfalas.

Yeah, yeah, I know, it?s a cheesy way to introduce myself, but I really don?t care right now. I just want to get this story written and over with.

So I guess I should tell you that the only reason I?m writing this is because my boss (*cough* Alassë *cough*) told me to. If it were my choice, I wouldn?t tell anyone.

But, such is life.

Anyway, I suppose I should start with my personal story so you can get all the background info. I was born on a world that is covered with magical animals. The art of taming and training these animals to be fighters and companions is [i]hugely[/i] popular there. I happened to have quite the talent for it, and actually became so good at it that I saved our little world on a number of occasions. My animals were the strongest fighters on our world, and when a threat came up, my buddies and I would run off to save the day by competing in battles with our magical companions.

It was there that I met Kuhaku. He and I have been best friends since before I can remember. When we were little, he?d always get teased by the other kids in our class because of his natural icy-blue hair. As we became closer friends, he showed me the secret reason behind his strange hair color ? he could transform into a magical creature, a lot like the ones that were so commonly trained by just about every person on our world. This creature happened to be an Asian-type white dragon, with blue hair that ran down the entire length of his back and tail. He called that dragon his ?true form?, and as far as I know I was the only person on that world he ever showed it to.

I was about nine years old when he suddenly disappeared. The really strange part about it was that I was the only person who seemed to remember him, let alone notice that he was gone.

I?ll get back to that later. Continuing on, it was about a year or so later when I first met Alassë. She?s a day older than me, and has blond hair and blue-green eyes. I guess the best way to describe what eventually transpired between us would be with this dialogue:

Alassë: Hi! I?m Alassë! (she?s a [b]VERY[/b] happy & cheerful person)

Me: Hi! I?m Turo! (okay, okay, so I was a happy little tyke back then, too)

Alassë: Do you want to come with me on all my adventures and save the universe from evil and darkness and defeat all sorts of evil bad guys?

Me: *brief pause* ?YEAH!!!

And that?s how she became my boss. She gave me basically all of her superpowers, and from then on I followed her around to different planets, ?saving the universe from evil and darkness and defeating all sorts of evil bad guys?. Life was good. She and I were invincible.

A few years down the road, she runs into Kuhaku. It turns out he was kidnapped my some big fat psycho lady who had wiped his memory and forced him to be her servant. There was a brown haired girl with him when Alassë brought them to meet me, and soon we all discovered that she was Kuhaku?s long-lost twin sister, Yamati. Once we discovered this, we were able to bring out her ?true form?, which included hot pink hair in her human form and the ability to turn into a giant phoenix.

That?s when Alassë decided to form WOLA

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Wonderful start to your story, I look forward to seeing where you take it. [:D]

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool!

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Count me in! =D= I know this takes place in Lorien, but do you think you could squeeze Legolas in there somewhere? [face_praying] [face_praying] Maybe he and Haldir could be best buddies or something. PM please? :D

5. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Chapter 1

Kuhaku, Yamati, and I have a rock band. We play at various places throughout the universe. I usually get hit on a lot by the girls in the audience. It almost makes me hurl.

Kuhaku and Alassë used to tease me a lot about how much of a â??chick magnetâ?? I was. Alassë was the only one who walked away from it without getting a knuckle sandwich shoved in her face. Fortunately Kuhakuâ??s pretty tough, so my hits never did him any permanent damage.

Then they all started talking about how I needed a girlfriend. At first I thought they were still teasing me, but I soon discovered that they were completely serious. They explained that I had a lot of anger issues (thanks to the incident with my mom), and that having a girlfriend to talk to about it would help.

I disagreed.

So a few weeks after my 18th birthday, Alassë decides to go visit the Elves in Lórien. And, of course, we all had to come with her. I was actually happy to go, to get away from the strains of daily life and just relax for awhile. Iâ??d been to Lórien a time or two before, and I knew that the soothing atmosphere there was exactly the calm I needed.

We walked up those immensely beautiful tree-stairs to greet Lady Galadriel and Celeborn. Alassëâ??s really good friends with Galadriel, so there was no problem with getting us a place to stay and whatnot. But anyway, thatâ??s when we were all introduced to Guinevere, Galadrielâ??s 17-year-old adopted daughter/long-distance relative. Galadriel explained to us that Guinevereâ??s parents had died when she was a small child. Before their death, her parents had asked Galadriel and Celeborn to take Guinevere in and raise her as their own daughter, should both of them die before she was old enough to support herself. Guinevere is of royal blood herself, so this was actually a very good arrangement.

I immediately noted that Guinevere was staring at me throughout the entire conversation (or monologue, rather). Usually when a girl stares at me, I get these really disgusting creepy stalker vibes. But I felt nothing of the sort when I noticed Guinevere staring at me. So I just let her do it.

We stayed in Lórien for a few days. I swear that girl followed me everywhere! Normally I wouldâ??ve asked her to stop (not very nicely, I might add), but for some reason, I didnâ??t really care that she was stalking me. Itâ??s funny, she never said anything to me. She would just stand there and observe, all serene and quiet-like.

Soon Alassë decided that it was time for them to pack up and leave. I say â??themâ?? because she told me to stay behind. â??Just stay here and relax for awhile,â?? she told me. â??Iâ??ll come back to get you when youâ??re ready.â??

And by that she meant, â??when I think youâ??re readyâ??.

So I stayed behind. Happily, I might add.

Oh wait, I forgot to get descriptions in. Oops. Better late then never, I guess.

Iâ??m about 5â?? 4â??, with a lean build, black spiky anime-style hair (like Gohan from DragonBall Z meets Ash from Pokémon), and hazel eyes. Guinevere is about 5â?? 2â??, with hair exactly like Galadriel, and eyes the color of light-green emeralds (if they existed). Yeah. Even for an Elf, sheâ??s extremely beautiful.

Anyway, back to the story. So Guinevere continues to follow me around everywhere I go, and I continue to let her. Since I had no clue how long I was going to be staying in Lórien, I asked Galadriel for permission to build a little shack out a ways from Lothlórien. She gave me the go-ahead, and I started work later that day. It took me like fifteen minutes, total. Furniture included. Yeah, superpowers come in really handy sometimes.

So I had just finished my cozy little shack, when I started thinking about my mom. That always made me depressed and angry. I needed to vent, so rather than destroying things (like I normally wouldâ??ve done), I decided to pull out my acoustic guitar and sing about it. (An electric guitar just didnâ??t belong in Elvin territory. Period.)

So I start singing what

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.