main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOTR Review!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Crix-Madine, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Careful Ed. I happen to like TPM. It's not good to anger a City Rep. We are subtle and quick to anger. :)

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Yeah, I was definetly thinking of Diablo when the Balrog was on the screen.

My only complaint: No Gandalf The White in Galadriel's mirror. :(

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I loved this movie. Infact its my forth favorite of all time. I just wish I went to the bathroom before it started...

4. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    You had plenty of time to do so.

5. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    He may have missed "Forbidden love" though. =\

6. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I didn't see any AOTC trailers, did you?

7. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    We did, it looks awesome.

8. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Actually when I was at the 12:01 show, they did show the AOTC "Love" trailer. I've been to two shows since then and I have not seen it since then...

I had a few favorite scenes....

I think when the nine broke into Bree, that had a great effect. They enter the inn with their swords drawn, Barliman hidding near the door. Damn scary! Same with Weathertop.

The most moving scene for me was at Amon Hen with Boromir and the orcs. Sean Bean played his character flawlessly throughout the movie, and deserves credit.

Also, Ian McKellen should be up for an award for his performance. Amazing work as Gandalf!

Glad you all liked it!

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    THat movie should get a shat load of awards. If it doesn't then there is definatly something wrong.

AOTC looks great!!!!!!
    When "love" ended a few of us started to clap and people were laughing at us. :p

10. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Who cares? Its our right as Star Wars fans to applaud a trailer!

11. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I never said I was bothered by it, infact I NEVER care what people think of me.

12. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Was that the love trailer? How many others are there?

I really, really liked FotR. I might go see it again tonight. The only thing I could think of when Saruman pulled Gandalf's staff away was ESB.

13. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    The other trailers are the "Breathing" trailer and the "Mystery" trailer from the DVD.

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I'm seeing it Monday again. Should be a good time.

15. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I'm seeing it Tuesday. No time Monday. Yearly physical in the morning, work in the afternoon and then I'm cooking dinner after that. I'm going to another 2:45 show, too. :D

16. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I loved the part when Legolas stabbed the orc and then proceeded to fire off a ton of arrows too!

Boromir was excellent too at the end, made me freaking cry. I think I cried like four times. Samwise bout broke my heart...he's so sweet. And when Gandalf...umm...well, you know, (don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen it or who haven't read the book)I was a bit shocked lets say.

Did any of you hear Arlene when she saw Jar Jar in the Forbidden love trailer. She bout screamed "There's Jar Jar!". It was pretty funny.

No one heard us whispering back and forth either I hope...I was trying to explain stuff to her...well all the stuff I knew anyways. She gets easily confused.

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Nope, you didn't bother anyone.
    I didn't hear or see you crying though, I was to into the movie.

Boromir is great, very noble...

And Gandalf, he's just to cool
    YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Lady_of_the_Rings

Lady_of_the_Rings Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2001
    When I saw it, i cracked up because the whole theater cheered when Aragorn cut off the Orc's head. :p
    I liked Arwen's expanded role, and i can't wait to see what they do with Eowyn in ROTK (i guess i have to wait a few years to be satisfied..)
    Yeah, and the scene when Legolas stabbes the Orc almost had me cheering, it was so cool. The Balrog was great and Gandalf's "Fly, you fools!" was just classic.
    My only complaint was that they cut out the part a the ford when Frodo draws his sword and cries, "By Elbereth and Githoniel (hope i spelled that right), you shall have neither the Ring nor me!"
    otherwise, no problems. I'm buying it and desegnating it as a family heirloom when it comes out on video. :D ;)

19. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    The Balrog was awesome.

20. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Saruman was spot on, IMO. Chris Lee did a great job with him.

21. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    The music was pretty amazing too, Howard Shore got everything just right! The sword play was cool pretty awesome also...

22. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I didn't cry loudly...just a few tears here and there. Couldn't help myself.

And speaking of a few tears Arlene and I just got back from seeing it again tonight. We went to the six thirty showing. I've never gone to see a movie two days in a row before...not even Star Wars. Thats a first!

It was great second time around, I caught a lot more stuff that I missed. And I payed closer attention to the little stuff. But, it was awesome.

Now, I just need to read the book and go back and see it again! :D

23. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I didn't get to go today. I might try to sneak in an early viewing before heading off to see the relatives.

24. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I'm seeing it today. Can't wait.

25. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I thought the movie kicked Butt!!!

Thought the looks of the film were great.

I dont know much about the trilogy itself,but definately think its a story i could get into.I'm probably gonna end up reading the books now.Maybe i'll see it a few more times first.

Favorite part would definately have to be when they go under the mountain,thru the mines,very dark and eerie,I loved all the fight scenes.Good swordsmanship going on there.

One thing I didnt expect to see was that the Hobbits were drug addicts,smoking weeds and getting all excited about mushrooms!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.