main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOTR, The Matrix, and the Star Wars PT: Which trilogy will stand the test of time?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by ElfStar, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    If you have PT hatred, why are you here? Lol, just a thought. . .

I personally think the PT will, because the PT is a part of the OT and the SW movies are loved by about three different generations. 'Nuff said. =)

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    If you have PT hatred, why are you here?

They're here for the same reason that I go to boards about The Matrix and post how much I dislike it.

Wait, I DON'T do that.

Hmmmm.

(Editor's note: if you catch anyone at a Matrix board with the manual sig "Joel Silver hates you!", it's not me, I swear.)

Roel McSilver lates you!

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I haven't posted in this thread for quite a while. I've lurked and watched the 'tennis matches' go on with the borderline flaming, etc.

Just wanted to add my opinion: With the MTV crowd voting LOTR: TTT best movie, I stick by my original answer: The LOTR trilogy will stand the test of time better than the PT or the Matrix movies, as much as I love the latter.

Now, stop flaming each other and stay on topic.

Thank you,

Lady Sami

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Well in the vein of picking one aspect and comparing it across the 3 trilogies:

Music - a few weeks ago I said that John Williams music for the PT would come top, he is John Williams after all, and even tho' I'm not fond of TPM I still like the music.
    And - he's a God, let's face it.

But after seeing Reloaded I feel I'll have to change my decision. I think the music in Reloaded is just fantastic, it fits the action scenes so well, the cues are beautifully crafted, the high energy stuff is the best ever, particularly in the freeway chase.

So Matrix music comes top
    PT 2nd
    LOTR 3rd

I do get a bit bored with some of the LOTR music, maybe it's cos they used it in the background to all the hours and hours of supplementary material on the DVD extras.

g

5. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I think the music in Reloaded is just fantastic, it fits the action scenes so well, the cues are beautifully crafted, the high energy stuff is the best ever, particularly in the freeway chase.

I also liked the soundtrack too. I love how the Burly Brawl score even implements a little "choir" work in there. (played when Neo is overwhlmed by the growing number of Agents.)

I also love the "Chateau" piece played when Neo fights the Merovingian's goons.

And the Freeway chase sequence (oddly titled "Mona Lisa" on the soundtrack) is another great infectious beat. And I think another reason I liked the Zion rave sequence was the music. I'm not an expert on this genre of music, but I like it whenever the score just fits what we see on the screen.

6. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    The music? I disagree. It was nothing special. Pretty standard programming stuff. I like to call that sort of thing geek rock, meaning that with their computer knowledge geeks are becoming rockstars. Now in a way is cool but when you talk about the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack all I have to say is I've heard better Techno music in commercials.

7. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    It's funny how you accused everyone of whining in the other thread sdj. You are simply doing what we do except we don't bitch about SW on non-SW sites. Well, at least I don't...

8. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    And on that note, it's been fun, folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.