LOTR The Two Towers--Midnight show

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City, OK' started by Silent_Jedi, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm going to the midnight showing of LOTR at AMC Quail Springs.

If anyone is interested in going you can get tickets at movietickets.com. Looks like they have three theatres showing it now and tickets are still available.

If anyone wants to meet at the front and find seats together, that's cool.

Hopefully it'll be better than the last midnight show of the first LOTR--I'll have to tell you the story in person to do it justice (Lets just say that if it happened at AOTC, heads would have rolled!!)

See you there!!

Legolas---yea!! (It's wrong to think an elf is hot? right?)
  2. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i would love to come but that's just to late for me as i would only get about two hours of sleep for work the next day so i have to wait tell friday to see it
  3. Silent_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I only have this to say:

Legolas is a bonafide badass!!!!!

Excellent movie!!

4. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I saw it at 4:00 on Wednesday. It was awesome. :cool:

Did anybody else catch the infamous "Willhelm scream"? My friend and I cracked up when we heard that!
  5. ASkywlkr Jedi Knight

I saw it Wed. at 8pm. Excellent movie!!! Can't wait till next year now to wrap it all up. I just have a few comments.

1. CG effects were excellent. Gollum was incredible. The closeup shots of him were very detailed. Thanks ILM for developing Jar Jar, Yoda, Boss Nass, etc. years ago. Because of that Gollum's hair, skin, etc. were perfect.

2. The acting. Superb!!! Why can't Lucas get actors like this for his minor characters in Star Wars?

3. Locations. Awesome! The scenery was incredible and makes me want to visit New Zealand now.

OK. Now my complaints.

1. The story...Why?!?! did they have to screw with the story. For those of you that have read the books (most of you I'm assuming since we're all part of the Geekdom) know what I'm saying. For those that haven't, here's a few things I picked up on.

SPOILERS (in no particlar order)
    a.There is not a battle with the "cat-like" orc creatures that the orcs are riding when chasing the refugees of Rohan/King Theoden and Aragorn does not fall off a cliff into the river.

b. Treebeard and the Ents in the book, do hold a council of trees, but decide to fight Sarumon. Pippin and Merry do not have some great speach about how the ents are part of this world too, blah, blah, blah. The ents realize this already and decide to help because they HATE orcs (orcs kill trees).

b. When Frodo and Sam are captured by Faramir, they are still in the cave behind the waterfall, drinking, eating, swapping stories, etc. Sam slips while talking about Boromir and mentions his covetness of the Ring. Faramir wants to know more, Frodo tells him the truth, and for a moment Faramir desires the Ring. But he proves stronger in spirit than Boromir and allows Frodo, Sam and Gollum (who was captured as in the movie)to leave on their quest with the Ring. There was no trip to Gondor with the three as prisoners and no confrontation with a winged Nazgul. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

d. At the end of the book, there is a cliffhanger, much like the end of the first one. The movie ended with Frodo, Sam and Gollum looking over the mountains about to enter Mordor. In fact (SPOILER)
    Gollum takes the two to through the caves of Schlob, a giant spider to get to the secret pass to get into Mordor. Frodo gets stung, Sam thinks hes dead, takes the Ring to complete the Quest on his own (Gollum betrayed them to Schlob so he not there, Sam doesn't like him anyway). Continued in book three. Is Frodo really dead? Will Sam make it on his own? Where did Gollum go? None of these questions came up at the end of the movie and that is a shame because that is why you wanted to read the third one. I hope they address these issues in the next one without to much change.

Just my two cents

Brian
  6. Starfig873 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I finally saw it, I liked it alot. It was much better than the first (which I found rather boring at times).
  7. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    It was much better than the first (which I found rather boring at times).

Just the opposite with me. I like the first one better, and I thought this one was a little boring (in the middle, at least; most certainly not towards the end!). I still loved it!

BTW, Peter Jackson said there's some stuff with Mary, Pippin, and the tree dude that will be in the Extended Edition.
  8. ForceDemon Jedi Knight

I really should have gone to the midnight show. I skipped out to study for a final I had the next morning, which I flunked.

Oh well, there's always RotK.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.